Author Topic: Transgender in the CF (merged)  (Read 151939 times)

Offline kratz

Back into the Fall routine.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Transgender in the CF (merged)
« Reply #475 on: May 24, 2019, 20:40:04 »
AshleyMarie34,

The easiest way to learn from this site is to use this google search method:    "site:navy.ca    ***********  "

When you use the above method for BMQ topics, you will discover the concept "being the grey man".
It's not being stealth....it's simply fitting in so well that staff do not easily pick you because you always stand out.

Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Transgender in the CF (merged)
« Reply #476 on: May 24, 2019, 21:10:57 »
AshleyMarie34,

The easiest way to learn from this site is to use this google search method:    "site:navy.ca    ***********  "

When you use the above method for BMQ topics, you will discover the concept "being the grey man".
It's not being stealth....it's simply fitting in so well that staff do not easily pick you because you always stand out.

To add to Kratz’s post, not everyone can be the grey man though. It’s okay to stand out, just make sure it’s for positive reasons and not negative ones.

In my experience, you really shouldn’t have any issues though. There was never a point where I was worried about someone seeing me naked. The bathrooms in both blue and green sector are either wholly private, or each individual shower area also has its own curtain/door to offer privacy from those using the sink area and toilets are also enclosed. Not only is no one actually allowed to be moving about their floors/common areas unclothed, but there’s simply never a reason to, period. You bring your stuff to and from the shower area/bathrooms with you.

Staff announces themselves when they enter the floor doors and if anyone is in any state of undress they’ll pause until it’s suitable to walk through. They also don’t walk into the bathrooms during patrols on occupied floors unless there’s an identified emergency. (Usually someone will just yell “I’m changing” or whatever, and they’ll wait.)

(For the most part) In the field, yes, there’s a much lesser expectancy of privacy. But generally, even if something does occur, at that point there’s decent enough platoon cohesion that no one will care. At that point everyone’s leaning on each other decently-well and everyone has the same-end goal in mind. A certain level of respect (even if certain people don’t get along individually) has developed and they just don’t care. All they care about is graduating.

Edit to add: During PT changing times, there are also stalls in the locker rooms if you don’t want to dress/undress openly. There’s always usually a couple who prefer to dart in there quickly. But everyone’s pretty much just focused on themselves while trying to get their crap altogether and pulling on clothes and whatnot over still-damp skin.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 21:20:48 by BeyondTheNow »
“I failed my way to success.” ~Thomas Edison