Author Topic: Hallowe'en Profiles?  (Read 5228 times)

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Hallowe'en Profiles?
« on: October 28, 2007, 08:16:41 »
Okay, I know I didn't indugle THAT much last night.  I was sure when I was first checking the site early this morning before I went to work that there were pumpkins instead of maple leaves on people's profiles on the boards, but they aren't there now.  ??? 
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline TN2IC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Hallowe'en Profiles?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 09:02:01 »
The skull ones look pretty cool. We have to leave that here on army.ca  ;D

Online kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 09:27:00 »
I noticed the skulls. I have not seen the pumpkin profiles yet. It's a nice timely change.
Quote from: Pipe *General Call*
"Tanning Stations on the flight deck"

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:03:38 »
It's a nice timely change.

Concur, but it is a downfall to being a subscriber because we have that under our name instead of the row of whatever.
So I'll raise a glass, not the first nor last, Come join me in this toast...Because the old black rum's got a hold on me ~ Great Big Sea

Offline Mr.Newf

• King of the Granite Planet
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Fuc*in Eh!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 10:32:17 »
I don't see any of them :(
I am the one and only

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:44:28 »
I don't see any of them :(

Mich is correct. I was, as usual, totally sober last night; there were indeed 'lil pumpkins running about underneath people's names. I didn't see any skulls out and about ... but I did see pumpkins. Perhaps, they've turned themselves into poltergeists now by draping sheets over themselves ... and one can only see if they believe.

I see 'em ... but only because I'm actually a witch.  ;)
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 11:12:17 »
Ohhhh, ohhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhhhh ....

To paraphrase a wierd little kid speaking to hot-boy Bruce Willis:

"I see dead pumpkins!!"

Right here under this name!!
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 11:29:46 »
Mich is correct.

Of course I am  ;D

... but only because I'm actually a witch.

A DS not using spellcheck?!?!  For shame!  ;)

Online kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 11:55:51 »
A DS not using spellcheck?!?!  For shame!  ;)

At this point in time, "no comment" is a good quote to use.  :D

I followed the link vern provided and I saw what I thought were skulls. So if those are pumpkins, what do the skulls look like?

Remember, this site is unofficial and privately owned. The site benefits from the presence of current members willing to answer questions.

Offline airmich

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 11:59:47 »
I followed the link vern provided and I saw what I thought were skulls. So if those are pumpkins, what do the skulls look like?

I didn't see anything except leaves in her link, then I refreshed the screen and saw skulls under "tomahawk6" (reply #41) and pumpkins under "pvt greffel" (reply #43).

Now any page that I refresh on I can see them....is this some sort of black magic??  :o

Offline Mr.Newf

• King of the Granite Planet
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Fuc*in Eh!
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 12:01:48 »
Sweet it works! That's cool stuff :D
I am the one and only

Online kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 12:13:09 »
Got it, I have to refresh to see the pumpkins but it works.  Thanks airmich.

Offline JBoyd

• Attending CFLRS, Currently back in B.C. for the holiday break
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 12:19:37 »
I dont see pumpkins on anyones name in thie thread yet, but yes last night i saw them under many peoples name, as well some of my posts today have had one pumpkin on the left. today i have also noticed skulls under some of the members :)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." -- Henry Ford

Live your life in such a way, that when you wake up and your feet hit the floor, the Devil says "S*** It's awake!"

Nill illigitimi carborundum

Online Old Sweat

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 12:35:16 »
In the interest of completely screwing up this thread, just be thankful they were Jack O'Lanterns and not Jack O'Laytons.

Online kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 12:42:25 »
Jack O'Laytons.

Sweet! Can we pay $1 per image (like facebook charges) and throw darts? It may be a great fund raiser for mil.net  ;D

Offline JBoyd

• Attending CFLRS, Currently back in B.C. for the holiday break
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 12:45:53 »
Chicken Cannon anyone?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." -- Henry Ford

Live your life in such a way, that when you wake up and your feet hit the floor, the Devil says "S*** It's awake!"

Nill illigitimi carborundum

Offline PMedMoe

is now a flat-faced civvy.... :).

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 13:03:15 »

;D
"A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving".
~ Lao Tzu~

Online kratz

Happy 150th.

• Float, Move, Fight
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 13:22:29 »
PMedMoe ,

I forgot about that most effective tool in the arsenal. Has anyone ever checked with DHH if the chicken ever received a Mention or Star at least?

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2007, 05:43:02 »
Now any page that I refresh on I can see them....is this some sort of black magic??  :o

I told you that I am a witch (that IS spelled correctly)!! Go ahead, insert a "b" at the beginning; I dares 'ya!! I'll turn you into a 'it'll be a surprise!!>:D
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

Offline Breacher41

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Per Pietas et Virtus
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 10:26:31 »
Jack O'Layton muahahahahhaaha :rofl: nah we should use his face as skeet clay pigeons. Nothing more satisfying then seeing idiots disappear in a cloud of dust. POOF!
هناك [هس تو] كنت يستعصي طريق