Author Topic: Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]  (Read 2690076 times)

Offline Schwartzie55

• Rate Post
Re: Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]
« Reply #4275 on: September 18, 2018, 07:17:30 »
Acceptance to ROTO/RMC and the military in general. Is based on your application , ask yourself these questions before applying: are my marks high enough, am I physically fit and can I improve that, am I medically fit etc. Look at the application process and if you can’t answer them all honestly then you need to figure that out, The CFAT plays a major role in determining your trade, there is a CFAT trainer app for $7 I think, study it, not a few days before but many weeks ahead of your appointment. You’ll need to demonstrate that you’ve been involved with your community, displayed leadership initiatives, involved in sports. Engineering averages at RMC are at around mid/high 80’s to low 90’s.

Offline (-Rick-)

• Rate Post
« Reply #4276 on: November 12, 2018, 19:30:45 »
Hello everyone!
I just have some questions, for I am planning on joining the military soon (1-1.5 years).
I will soon be 16, and when I am 16 I will be able to join the reserves or do the Regular Officer Training Plan.
The ROTP requirements state that one must be 16 years of age or older. How could I train to be an officer when I am in high school?
Can someone clear this up for me?
(I want to be a pilot, by the way, second option NCO vehicle tech).

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4277 on: November 12, 2018, 19:31:29 »
ROTP is a university program.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline stoker dave

• Rate Post
« Reply #4278 on: November 14, 2018, 14:46:04 »
Rick,

If you are that keen, I suggest joining the reserves.  That will give you some indication of what you might be in for.

Please consider going to university.  If you want to be an air force pilot, a degree from RMC may be a good starting point (but don't disregard all your options).   An RMC (or other university) degree also gives you lots of options if your plans don't quite work out the way you hope. 

I recommend Chris Hadfield's book "An Astronaut's Guide to Life on Earth" about setting and working towards goals.  Chris is an RMC grad, a pilot and an astronaut.