Author Topic: Sweet raise for LCIS Techs  (Read 23844 times)

Offline bigdaddyfatback

• Rate Post
Sweet raise for LCIS Techs
« on: October 26, 2006, 10:44:10 »
In case you other techs out there did not see, we got a sweet raise....check the Canforgens......Yeah!!

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Sweet raise for LCIS Techs
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 11:26:21 »
In case you other techs out there did not see, we got a sweet raise....check the Canforgens......Yeah!!

Yeah!! and if you check elsewhere on this site you will find that CANFORGEN and links to the Pay Tables.

SEARCH is a wonderful TOOL that even LCIS Techs should be able to use.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Online 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 11:50:52 »
SEARCH is a wonderful TOOL that even LCIS Techs should be able to use.

And they think they are soooo special. ;)
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." Jim Carrey
"Do unto others, then run." Benny Hill
"There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Kevin James

Offline Scone

going through the motions.

• aka muffin
  • Rate Post
  • No, you can’t plug that into the DWAN
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 15:38:06 »
Wooo hooo with spec pay1 - 6.5% increase total... I am planning how to spend it already - shhh don't tell hubby... it isn't like it's really HIS money ...  >:D
People are your greatest asset and your biggest vulnerability.

Online 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 15:38:51 »
Don't forget the operators.  I get paid just as much to break stuff.

Actually, they get paid a heck of a lot more than we do. An LCIS Tech Cpl (or any spec pay Cpl for that matter) makes more than a standard Sgt.
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." Jim Carrey
"Do unto others, then run." Benny Hill
"There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Kevin James

glenndon

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 17:21:30 »
Well more Signals trades get spec pay then don't. . .   LCIS, ATIS and 291.  Just the Linemen and Sig Ops that don't.   :P

I'm off to train hard for the Fairfax Webber Competiton JSR is holding. 

Glenn

Offline Radop

• VVV
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 22:40:02 »
Shut up glen!!!!!

Bitter old radop ops I mean sig op, opps Je suis Operateur de Transmisions.
Radop
VVV
-----------------------
The Cnd soldier loves to *****, it is the leaders responsibility to determine whether that bitching is good natured fun or a serious problem that needs dwelving into.

Offline D3V1L6

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 23:10:50 »
Only difference between some sig ops and most LCIS is that Sig Ops dont get handed the tools to do what LCIS do...oh and the spec pay.   Hmmmm how hard is it to swap a hub battery or rad card in a 522????
Don't fool yourself, you are but a service number.

Offline Klc

• Seriously, guys... has anyone seen my bolt?
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
  • My recruiter promised me a jetpack.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 23:35:21 »
Sig ops take POET then?  ;D
A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.
- Winston Churchill

Offline D3V1L6

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 23:38:16 »
If it was offered to us...yes.  I firmly believe in the amalgamation of both trades.

Offline Bert

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:30 »
The C&E trades will not merge under MOSART. There will be a re-organization of common training
and intial experience of members before they are fed into these trades.  Until it is set in stone
and implemented, watch and shoot.

Offline D3V1L6

• Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 11:37:41 »
Rgr, watch and shoot has been the modo for the last 5-10 years. Really nothing has changed yet other than the no-fail policies at CFSCE, guaranteeing us nothing but the best and brightest Siggies, oh... and 10K-20K signing bonuses. :salute:

Offline Tarlouth

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 15:48:11 »
Only difference between some sig ops and most LCIS is that Sig Ops dont get handed the tools to do what LCIS do...oh and the spec pay.   Hmmmm how hard is it to swap a hub battery or rad card in a 522????

I hate it when radops beak-off about spec pay...  and say techs are just part changers.  How about I compare the most basic task of the SigOp trade... DO you thing Sig Ops deserve spec pay for making coffee in a command center? You are looking at the LCIS trade with one eye closed buddy.

Now, if you want spec pay, do what I did when I was an operator.. Put up or shut up.. I remusterd to LCIS, lost my position on the merit list, went back to school, completed POET and LCIS, and now I make spec pay.

Offline LineJumper

• Swift, Alert and Stunning!
  • Rate Post
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 18:58:15 »
Heh heh heh........At least everyone makes more than we did 15 years ago. I feel absolutely sorry for any of the new kids getting posted to Edmonton.
I once tripped on a contour line and impregnated a rad op.

I don't climb for a living, it's how I get to work.

Offline bigdaddyfatback

• Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 08:16:10 »
Geez, I wrote that thread in Kandahar a long time ago....I didnt think it was going to cause such a stink...lol....

Offline KaptKain

• Man of many hats
  • Rate Post
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2007, 12:47:54 »
Geez, I wrote that thread in Kandahar a long time ago....I didnt think it was going to cause such a stink...lol....

Hehe. Can only cause a stink to those that want the pay but not redo the training at CFSCE...LIVE with YOUR decisions!!
\< I remustered to LCIS..and yes I just LOVE being a Cpl again cleaning the lunch room....with spec pay!!>
+300
THE REASON THAT THE CANADIAN ARMY DOES SO WELL IN WARTIME IS THAT WAR IS CHAOS, AND THE CANADIAN ARMY PRACTICE CHAOS ON A DAILY BASIS.
<GERMAN GENERAL OFFICER>

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
  • Ahoy, the chocalate chip kind.
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2007, 12:53:36 »
Replying to a 13 month old thread?

Offline LineJumper

• Swift, Alert and Stunning!
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2007, 12:49:48 »
Okay.
I once tripped on a contour line and impregnated a rad op.

I don't climb for a living, it's how I get to work.

Offline Wright

• Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 10:32:24 »
If it was offered to us...yes.  I firmly believe in the amalgamation of both trades.

believe me, if you met some of the sig ops going through now(CFSCE), the crap that they do in their shacks...youd be amazed they are still in the forces,

Remembrance day last year, the fire alarm was going off in their shacks, the MPs and fire dept came, the MPS first, what did they find...someone riding a mini pocket bike around in the hallway

dont get me wrong, i know sig ops do alot, i have sig op buddies that i ask why did you not go LCIS, same trade fro the most part other than POET, Spec Pay, and alot of the component level fault finding, all i know is once i hit spec, i am gonna enjoy every cent of it

on recruiting my first choice was sig op, then i got offered any trade b/c of my aptitude score, so i went with something that gets paid more of course

Offline Jager

• Rate Post
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 07:59:52 »
I heard about that course with the pocket bike. Actually knew a few people on it, funny part is a few got posted to Pet (the one on the pocket bike as well) and they are hating it
VELOX VERSUTUS VIGILANS
" Private ....you are a piece of Sh!t............just kidding........................maybe."

Offline Wright

• Rate Post
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 13:07:53 »
Only difference between some sig ops and most LCIS is that Sig Ops dont get handed the tools to do what LCIS do...oh and the spec pay.   Hmmmm how hard is it to swap a hub battery or rad card in a 522????

That is not what all techs do, dont get me wrong, a basic tech starts off with that skillset.  however, compared to civi side, techs are underpaid.
How about program a cisco router switch, fault find an ehsd kit, TCI's, Data comms, Fiber, Alcatel mux's,  heavy det, light det, vpn kits,
I dont think i need to keep going, i could spend all day listing the kit that is needed to know.
The amount of knowledge, training, and skills required to do a techs job is well worth the deserved pay.
I agree, there are alot of sig ops out there that actually believed the recruiter and took a sig op position, that could definetly pass for techs, and there are alot of techs that should not be techs, that leaked there way through the cracks.

Offline ubergeek_123

• Rate Post
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 18:51:13 »
Techs get spec pay because they have specialized training and skills.  You get paid for what you know not necessarily what you do. I have met and work with a lot of highly skilled Sig Ops that should be getting spec pay, and have also worked with techs that should not be getting spec pay.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 19:38:50 »
Sig ops don't deserve spec pay, I'm a sig op, and *I* personally deserve spec pay, but only because I'm doing the job of a sig op, and also a large portion of the job of an LCIS tech and an EGS tech, ("We're just sig ops, we don't understand things like induction, and copper loss, well, some of us do, but you don't pay us enough to admit to it on a regular basis, so find somone else to fix it, because I'm going to bed") but as a sig op, I'll freely stand up and say sig ops don't deserve spec pay. Our job doesn't involve overly complicated specialized training, and "any idiot" can do the job of the sig op. There's plenty of switched on sig ops out there doing much more then what's called for in their job description, but the basic job description of a sig op doesn't deserve spec pay. The LCIS techs on the other hand, require much more indepth training, and more importantly, can make more civie side, paying them more helps to hang on to them. If sig ops don't like LCIS techs getting spec pay, then suck it up and ask for a remuster.

Offline Jammer

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 20:49:19 »
A Sig Op:
You obviously have no clue where the trade is going these days. With the implemetation of MES and the sub-set training that this will entail, your narrow vision of is blatently ignorant at best.
Your comment that any idiot can do the job of a Sig Op is totally uncalled for.
Are you advocating that secure and non secure networks IS or otherwise can be established and maintained by MSE OPs?
Could an Infanteer set up HCLOS or work the MT?
No, my misguided friend, not likely. Before you spout off about about what you THINK you know, fact check yourself.
I see by your profile the you are R215...what do you really know beyond HF or Tac Rad...I wonder.
The issue of spec pay for Sig Ops is not open for debate under the old trade.
The new trade of ACCIS in May 2010 and the issue of spec pay, and who will get it is under review.
What could possibly go wrong?

Offline ubergeek_123

• Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2009, 05:28:18 »
Jammer,

I certainly see the point you are trying to make, moreover, I agree. HOWEVER, in a knowledge based economy you must have the knowlege/training before you can get the pay. I do believe in the MES implementation there will have to be a technical qualification for members to get spec pay (I'm applying common sense on this, so anyone correct me if I am wrong).

I think just randomly handing out spec pay will just appease some people and do nothing for the CF at all.  If anything it will dilute credibility of the technical trade.  Just because you can talk the talk, does not necessarily mean you can walk the walk. A friend of mine said it best: "In our line of work It's not what you now, it's what you know and IT AIN'T SO that gets you in trouble"