Author Topic: Here come Battlefield Robots  (Read 1693 times)

Offline 54/102 CEF

• Rate Post
    • 54th Cdn Inf Bn CEF 1915-1919
Here come Battlefield Robots
« on: March 09, 2006, 22:02:06 »
I see Airdropped RISE Robots with Explosives on them. http://www.bdi.com/content/sec.php?section=RiSE

You wanna piece of me? How about a million!

Click the Robotics tab for more

Osama and the boys better go back to their mud hut library and keep the noise down
You can visit me when I retire to the Island of Sayonara - but if the tide goes out - you go too - OK?

Offline Lerch

• The Guns, thank God the Guns!
  • Rate Post
Re: Here come Battlefield Robots
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 02:37:24 »
Wow, imagine seeing that sucker climbing down into you're cave with a camera and a C6 on it's back. :crybaby:
Stay frosty

Offline Chris Pook

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Wha daur say Mass in ma lug!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07:54 »
I don't know about putting a C-6 on the back of a 9 inch, 4.5 lb robot but I seem to recall some years ago a movie that showed a swarm of those things armed with needles injecting acid into the hero (and ultimately swarming the villain to take him to his necessary untimely demise - it was Hollywood after all). I can't remember the name of the movie.

Although these things only move at a foot a second imagine the chaos if a swarm of them were loaded with a pound (half a kilo) of C4, or even just a charge and a load of buck shot like a mobile Claymore.

The possibilities......cameras, remote control and walking claymores = a search and destroy minefield.

Is life getting interesting enough yet?
"Wyrd bið ful aræd"

Offline Mickey

• Fusilier
  • Rate Post
  • Defence not Defiance
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 14:30:37 »
I don't know about putting a C-6 on the back of a 9 inch, 4.5 lb robot but I seem to recall some years ago a movie that showed a swarm of those things armed with needles injecting acid into the hero (and ultimately swarming the villain to take him to his necessary untimely demise - it was Hollywood after all). I can't remember the name of the movie.

Although these things only move at a foot a second imagine the chaos if a swarm of them were loaded with a pound (half a kilo) of C4, or even just a charge and a load of buck shot like a mobile Claymore.

The possibilities......cameras, remote control and walking claymores = a search and destroy minefield.

Is life getting interesting enough yet?

Heh heh...command guided...command detonated.... ;D
Swoff - "I ran through in-coming for a dead f#@king battery?!?!?"
Troy -   "Welcome to the suck!"

-Jarhead (2005)

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 15:48:18 »
Imagine waht a claymore will do to them  8)

I can see one in Somilia getting swarmed and taken apart in 5 minutes. I am sure the russians will happliy sell jammers in the next couple of years.