Author Topic: "Notify" Function  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Zombie

• Rate Post
"Notify" Function
« on: January 18, 2006, 15:08:46 »
I recently marked a new post to Notify me when responses were made, however I just noticed that the post had been merged with a similar thread. Even though responses had been made to the post, I did not receive a notification. I am guessing that I did not get the notification because it was merged with another thread. Is there any way around this or can it be changed?

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: "Notify" Function
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 15:12:35 »
I am sure that if you set up the "Notify" again for the Merged Topics it will work.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Online Mike Bobbitt

• Army.ca Owner
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 15:13:02 »
The moderator can choose to merge notifications when merging a thread. In fact, it's on by default.

You'll only get one notification regardless of how many new replies are made though, until you re-visit the thread.

Offline Bruce Monkhouse

Is a pinball wizard.

• Lab Experiment #13
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • WHERE IS MY BATON?
    • http://www.canadianbands.com./home.html
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 16:04:39 »
Whoops,....I thought that notification button when I merge was to send stuff to those who had posted to let them know that it had been "changed".
Always thought that was a waste of good PM's so I've always clicked it off.......still learning everyday.
IF YOU REALLY ENJOY THIS SITE AND WISH TO CONTINUE,THEN PLEASE WIGGLE UP TO THE BAR AND BUY A SUBSCRIPTION OR SOME SWAG FROM THE MILNET.CA STORE OR IF YOU WISH TO ADVERTISE PLEASE SEND MIKE SOME DETAILS.

Everybody has a game plan until they get punched in the mouth.