Author Topic: Flash Lights  (Read 15910 times)

Offline Tommy

• If you dont fill out your Claim properly, the Terrorists Win...
  • Rate Post
  • This Space for Rent - Enquire Within
    • iRock
Re: Flash Lights
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2006, 04:20:34 »
I like to travel thru the woods day or night, so I can get to where Im going faster. I start at first light then quit about 12:00am, eat on my feet ect... Part of it is pushing myself physically too, to see what I can do.  :threat:

then why not just join the army?  ???

and if you need to see your target at 100m at night and youre really serious about it, then why not just go out and

a) buy a set of NVG's and a good scope,
or
b) buy a Night Vision Optical sight to mount to your weapon.

I just bought a night vision scope for 260 bucks at crappy tire.
just to goof around with when  i go camping and i'll bring it to the field on the next Ex to see if its any good up there. just a simple little 3x scope with an IR LED to light up the area if theres no ambient light available.

you could get a pretty awsome set of goggles for about 1100 cdn. or a decent weapon mounted sight for btw 600-1000 i think.

try googleing it and see what you find.

regards.
     Josh
Tommy is retired now so he can say any opinion he darned well pleases so long as it stays within the forum guidelines :D

Offline COBRA-6

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2006, 11:55:06 »
My Surefire C2 with a P61 lamp assembly will - and quite nicely...

blake

My Surefire M96 does as well...  wait till I get a MN11 lamp assembly, 225 lumens baby!
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Offline mudgunner49

• Rate Post
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2006, 11:57:44 »
...Surefire is the BOMB!!!

blake

Offline baseballinahat

• Rate Post
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2006, 23:17:57 »
My Surefire M96 does as well...  wait till I get a MN11 lamp assembly, 225 lumens baby!
lol its all about accesorizing these days. >:D

Offline starlight_cdn

• "Medic Up!!"
  • Rate Post
    • www.smithtac.com
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2006, 13:34:14 »
I was wondering What's a good flashlight to use in the infantry, and where can i get it IE) website. Thanks

Again, going back to my orginal post....Is this for Tactical use or General Purpose use? Tactical meaning in direct support of a military op or training. General Purpose meaning I just wanna find my Twinkies in my ruck??

For Tactical Applications.....minimum 60 lumens, 6V, at least one hour run time. Carry enough batteries for 3-6 hours runtime. I don't buy a firearm unless it has been on the market for, at least, ten years. All the major bugs have been worked out and any cool mods have come down the pipe by then. Same goes for Tactical lights. Get a Surefire that meets the above criteria. Anything less will not do!!

For General Purpose......get a three dollar LED light at MEC.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 15:08:05 by starlight_cdn »
Coyote Brown is the new Black.

Reaper dropped the 'Grim' from his name because he enjoys his work too much.

I'd rather be FISHing :)

Offline TAC MP

• OBSERVER
  • Rate Post
  • Member formally known as MPSHIELD
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 01:46:56 »
I like my flashlights really light. Can't say much for distance...lol but does the job for map reading.

http://army.ca/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=Vehicles/Equipment/FINGER_LIGHT1.jpg

cheers
"...quick hold my Timmy's...I'm going in..."
-I'm sure someone said it at sometime or another.

"...but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death..."
-Benjamin Franklin
Excerpt from a letter to Jean Baptiste Le Roy; dated November 13, 1789

"I know not what weapons of WW III will be fought, WW IV will be fought with sticks and stones"
-Albert Einstein

Offline GO!!!

• Fallen Comrade
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Often have I regretted my speech, never my silence
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2006, 02:31:42 »
Or you could go with the 'ol deer hunting special.

http://about.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=8155078/

:)
No leader was ever hated for being too hard, but a great many were for attempting to appear that way.

Offline c_canuk

• Rate Post
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2006, 17:18:23 »
anyone know of a headlamp of the caliber of the lights that seem popular here...

I bought a $19 dollar special from Crappy tire that had 2 red and 3 white LED's for PLQ last summer, and I was surprised at how handy that setup was for the field, the only problem is that the plastic is fatiguing and it falls apart easily now, and I wouldn't mind something waterproof and have a really bright white light setting, and perhaps be able to change the set light casting angle .

thanks
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stewart Mill