Author Topic: University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM)-NCM to Officer [MERGED]  (Read 523390 times)

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
Re: University Training Plan NCM (UTPNCM)-NCM to Officer [MERGED]
« Reply #1325 on: June 08, 2018, 15:40:08 »
After speaking to PSO, it looks like all offers have been sent out. I don't have an offer yet, so it looks like I'll have to apply for the next competition. Unless someone refuses their offer, which is very unlikely.

Offline jsilver18

• Rate Post
« Reply #1326 on: June 08, 2018, 17:41:50 »
Any news on posting messages for UTPNCM yet? Does anyone have any idea of when they would be posting those that accepted offers like I assume anyone that accepted an offer starts school in September, so does that mean they'll be moved in August or sooner?

Offline regulator12

• Rate Post
« Reply #1327 on: June 08, 2018, 18:09:10 »
I have not received my posting message yet. I had my UTPNCM message in early May! I imagine all the offers are out and posting messages should be sent out soon. Fingers crossed!

Offline jsilver18

• Rate Post
« Reply #1328 on: June 08, 2018, 19:08:19 »
I have not received my posting message yet. I had my UTPNCM message in early May! I imagine all the offers are out and posting messages should be sent out soon. Fingers crossed!

I also received mine in early May so waiting for these posting messages is killing me. I just want to know my dates already. What were you accepted for?

Offline regulator12

• Rate Post
« Reply #1329 on: June 08, 2018, 19:12:35 »
I got accepted for infantry and will be taking Business Administration. What about you?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline jsilver18

• Rate Post
« Reply #1330 on: June 08, 2018, 19:15:05 »
Got in for LogO-Air. Also taking Business Admin so it should be a good go!

Offline regulator12

• Rate Post
« Reply #1331 on: June 08, 2018, 19:17:09 »
Got in for LogO-Air. Also taking Business Admin so it should be a good go!
Congratulations! It will be a great go! I am looking forward to the opportunity!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1332 on: June 08, 2018, 19:45:40 »
People who got offers this year: how many university courses have you completed for your application?

Offline jsilver18

• Rate Post
« Reply #1333 on: June 08, 2018, 21:14:10 »
I had the minimum required done 4 half-year credits (2 full-year credits). And after applying I completed two more half year credits but those wouldn’t be on my application.

Offline eorceme

• Rate Post
« Reply #1334 on: June 09, 2018, 12:22:34 »
I've completed 4 courses, and was credited I believe 4 (3 hour) credits by Acadia for said courses, but haven't done a plar for poet yet.

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1335 on: June 09, 2018, 17:18:39 »
Your number of courses have no effect on your file at all. I had 10

Offline FingerWizard

• Rate Post
« Reply #1336 on: June 09, 2018, 20:55:46 »
They messed up my offered school, so I had a series of discussions with the person who was essentially acting as the selection boards for (at least) Int O this year. They were backlogged (and understaffed) to crap at that point, and are normally, and more than just my offer was pooched as well. I was told, by that poor, poor desk jockey, not to expect a posting message until july.

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1337 on: June 09, 2018, 20:58:21 »

How do you know whether the amount of courses doesnt matter? Why would they even have a board if it were only up to the three numbers? (CFAT/Interview/Personality) There would have to be reasons for tie-breaking and such? I don't know I'm just curious.

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1338 on: June 09, 2018, 21:36:30 »
Your file is as you said CFAT/Interview/Personality. It's just the way it is. They could throw in your Force test and language profile in there as well but they don't.

Offline Glade88

• Rate Post
« Reply #1339 on: June 11, 2018, 08:55:55 »
Feeling pretty defeated. The 2019 SCP Canforgen is out. I'm going to take that as a hint that I didn't get accepted this year.

Offline K1tesurf

• Rate Post
« Reply #1340 on: June 11, 2018, 09:41:42 »

Incorrect. The number of your courses will be part of your interview score. If you have more courses you will have a better score in your interview; however, they have minimal effect compared to say...CFAT.

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1341 on: June 12, 2018, 10:20:31 »
Yeah I'm redoing my CFAT. I thought it was pretty good @ 92 percentile, I guess I really shouldn't have settled lol..

Offline K1tesurf

• Rate Post
« Reply #1342 on: June 12, 2018, 10:36:55 »
Yeah I'm redoing my CFAT. I thought it was pretty good @ 92 percentile, I guess I really shouldn't have settled lol..

If it's 92 for officer that is very strong. Be advised that if you write and do worse that is now your new score.

Offline jofafa

• Rate Post
« Reply #1343 on: June 12, 2018, 11:05:14 »
Yah 92 is excellent. I wouldnt risk it to gain a few %...

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #1344 on: June 12, 2018, 12:05:39 »
Agreed, I would talk with your PSO first about your overall score for the competition and see how you can improve it. I dont think a CFAT rewrite is the way to go if you are in the 92% percentile for officers...and if you score lower, that will be  the score you are stuck with like was mentioned.

I would wager a guess that the interview would be the best area for you to improve, but the PSO would be the person to ask.

Sent from my S8 using Tapatalk (expect typos)

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline avn188

• Rate Post
« Reply #1345 on: June 13, 2018, 07:25:16 »
UTPNCM canforgen for 2018-2019 just got out yesterday. I'll take it as a hint on my answer....  :o

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1346 on: June 13, 2018, 08:28:14 »
If it's 92 for officer that is very strong. Be advised that if you write and do worse that is now your new score.

I don't think it was for officer. I recall that it was in the 70-75 percentile range for officers. Basically I was french and decided to take the test in english, and I ended up having a low score on language lol.. everything else was good.

But as others have mentioned, I will also work on my interview points. PSO will let me know how to get those extra points.

Thanks all, just saw that both trades I applied for are still up for grabs in the new competition!  ;D

Offline sheilainthevalley

• Rate Post
« Reply #1347 on: June 14, 2018, 07:49:42 »
I got my SCP offer Tuesday (the day after this year’s competition CANFORGEN came out). I’m going back to St Jean for BMOQ before the end of this year (yay?).

Good luck everybody. Don't give up hope yet.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:28:27 by sheilainthevalley »

Offline crumplestiltskin

• Rate Post
« Reply #1348 on: June 14, 2018, 13:12:52 »
Number of courses completed definitely has a minimal effect on your UTP score. This was my first year applying and I got picked up with the minimum 4 x 0.5 credit courses complete (2 x 1.0 full year credit equivalent).

The PSO told me right from the beginning that he was pretty sure I'd get an offer based almost entirely on my CFAT (scored 97th percentile for officers back when I joined in '01) so that is 100% the most important part of your file. It seems rather (completely) silly to weigh the CFAT so heavily - especially when it could be a score from 10, 15, 20 years ago - but for some reason that's how they do it.

Also, I spoke to the selection people on Monday and they said UTP posting messages would start coming out this week. My UOR had received 2 as of Tues (not yet mine)*

Also, also - now, I may be mis-remembering - but I thought it said right in the UTP application paperwork that an application for UTP was considered an automatic application to RMC? Weird that you'd need to apply separately if that is the case...

*Edited for clarity*
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 13:30:50 by crumplestiltskin »

Offline nordi

• Rate Post
« Reply #1349 on: June 14, 2018, 15:16:27 »
Yeah, I will re-take the CFAT. I am very confident I will get a much better score than I did previously.

As for the "automatic application to RMC", based on my conversation with the RMC registrar's office, you must also apply separately to RMC. Basically the BPSO's paperwork needs to be updated, as the lady from the registrar's office mentioned the UTPNCM selection office stopped contacting them several years ago. They have no contact/correspondence with each other, and therefore UTPNCM applicant academic files do not get evaluated for acceptance into RMC. She said people keep being posted to RMC that need to do emergency/last minute applications to programs.

To be fair, the UTPNCM and other selection sections are very understaffed, overworked etc.. this is a pretty minor problem considering.