Author Topic: Turning in kit  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Stu

• Rate Post
  • L EDMN R (Former)
Turning in kit
« on: April 12, 2005, 00:08:15 »
Hi all,

I am currently in the process of a voluntary release so that I can join the RCMP.  My question is what is the process of turning in kit, in that, if I am missing a pice or two, what happens?  Am I billed up front fgor it, does it somehow get factored into taxes (someone told me that) do I get a date at which I must compensate for it?  Any infor would be appreciated,

Thanks

Stu

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
Re: Turning in kit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 00:13:51 »
Usually it will come out of your pay.  If there isn't enough there, then out of your Severence Pay or any such lump sum you may receive on Release.  They may make you pay cash on the spot, but that is highly unlikely.  It is a good question to ask the people processing your Release.  Check with the QM as to what they want you to turn in and perhaps they have a "price list" of the items also, that you may be able to get.  A $800 Arctic Sleeping bag or $250 Gas Mask can really hurt the pocket book, if you are missing them.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Stu

• Rate Post
  • L EDMN R (Former)
Re: Turning in kit
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 12:20:17 »
Thanks a lot.  No worries the only kit I am missing is a 2 qrt canteen that was lost during a section attack.  Paperwork for the missing kit somehow went missing too. :-\  It is listed at about $26 bucks to replace, I think a quick trip to the surplus store might be in order. 

Stu Hert