Author Topic: All things Individual Learning Plan/ILP (merged)  (Read 54233 times)

Offline CorporalMajor

• Rate Post
Re: Individual Learning Plan?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 13:40:54 »
?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process He does not become a monster.
And when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
  • Ahoy, the chocalate chip kind.
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 16:00:10 »
Any clerk should be more then apt to find a thing such as an ILP through the DIN.

Offline CorporalMajor

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 00:52:40 »
True but I'm not trades Q'd.

I tried searching with google, on DND, army.gc.ca ...... both on their engines and that of google..Found nothing.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process He does not become a monster.
And when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you.

Offline NFLD Sapper

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Regimental Headquarter Staff
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 16:10:36 »
True but I'm not trades Q'd.

I tried searching with google, on DND, army.gc.ca ...... both on their engines and that of google..Found nothing.

DIN not available outside of a DND computer.
CHIMO!
First in, Last out
Sappers Lead the Way

Just tell your wife she owes your life to some Muddy Old Engineer,
Some dusty, crusty, croaking, joking Muddy Old Engineer

Offline bdb

• Rate Post
Re: Question about Reserve Tuition Reimbursement Money
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 13:13:13 »
While trying to figure out this ILP stuff I found this in the instructions here http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/csss/pdev/reimburse_e.asp
•   Copy of Member’s Personnel Records Resume (MPRR)
•   For released members, copy of release message
•   Non-taxable claims will be paid by ...

So if you have to be in for one year after the claim ( which I had never even seen before reading this thread, which is bs and should be stated with the ILP) and the deadline to claim is something like 1 year after the course then what is a released member doing trying to get the bursary? I was under the belief that released members can't get the bursary whatsoever..

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 17:37:54 »
While trying to figure out this ILP stuff I found this in the instructions here http://www.cfsuo.forces.gc.ca/csss/pdev/reimburse_e.asp

So if you have to be in for one year after the claim ( which I had never even seen before reading this thread, which is bs and should be stated with the ILP) and the deadline to claim is something like 1 year after the course then what is a released member doing trying to get the bursary? I was under the belief that released members can't get the bursary whatsoever..

Perhaps claiming retroactively for education you completed while still in?
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline 284_226

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2007, 20:00:28 »

The same form is used for the ER (Education Reimbursement) and SCP (Skills Completion Program).  SCP members would provide a copy of their release message, as the SCP deals with training taken in preparation for release (or taken post-release).

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 13:35:39 »
I say do it as based on your posts is the only you will get to realize what the meaning of ethics truly are.

Offline Scoobs

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2007, 22:58:45 »
Whether the original poster thinks that it would be unethical or not does not matter.  If your hair sticks up on the back of your neck and a question of whether something is ethical or not should answer the question.  If you are debating if it is ethical or not, that tells you what to do.

Perhaps someone can help me, when did this reserve tuition reimbursement come into force?  I'm asking because I was in the reserves in the mid-90s and going to university at the time.  I'm now in the regs (got out of reserves, graduated, and worked for a couple of years in civy land, then rejoined as reg force) and have approx 13 years to go for twenty years.  Therefore, I have lots of time left and of course, this is my career.  Would I be able to claim any tuition reimbursement?  Of note, I still owe approx $8500 towards my student loans (started out with $50,000).

Thanks....
Variety is the spice of life...

Offline 284_226

• Banned
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2007, 23:12:37 »
Perhaps someone can help me, when did this reserve tuition reimbursement come into force?  I'm asking because I was in the reserves in the mid-90s and going to university at the time.  I'm now in the regs (got out of reserves, graduated, and worked for a couple of years in civy land, then rejoined as reg force) and have approx 13 years to go for twenty years.  Therefore, I have lots of time left and of course, this is my career.  Would I be able to claim any tuition reimbursement?  Of note, I still owe approx $8500 towards my student loans (started out with $50,000).

I think you're out of luck.  According to http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/about/policies/canforgen/135-04_e.asp, education reimbursement for the reserves didn't begin until 2000.

As someone that's taken quite a few courses under the Reg Force ER, I can tell you that one of the basic premises of the programs is that you have to have the ILP approved before taking any of the courses.  There was never any retroactivity to the reimbursement programs that I'm aware of.

On the upside, you can take a whole bunch of stuff now under the Reg Force ER, and have them reimburse 100% as opposed to the 50% under the reserve program.   :)  Full details of all the ER programs are at:

http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/er/reimbursement_e.asp

Offline Not_So_Arty_Newbie

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2007, 23:56:40 »
Or hey... try the PSO's office, they're the guys that approve em

Offline garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 00:40:07 »

Offline tuyop

• Rate Post
Re: ILP forms...how to fill one out?
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2007, 15:43:53 »
Sorry for the thread necromancy here, but on the last line of the ILP says, "Reimbursement for this program would be:" and the options are ER-Reg, SCP, Adv Degree, and Initial Degree. What do all of these mean?

I'm just looking for reimbursement for my tuition, I'm doing a Bachelor of Arts degree. Does this mean I should pick Initial Degree?

Offline exgunnertdo

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2007, 16:01:16 »
Depends on what you are - Reg/Res, NCM/Offr

Initial Degree is for Reg F Officers - and it's a specific program you apply for, different budgets, etc.  You are probably ER (Education Reimbursement).  Read the web site or check with the PDev people.

http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/er/finance_e.asp - CDA Website.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . ."
"God fights on the side with the best artillery"
- Napoleon

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2007, 17:03:11 »
Radcliffe: From your profile I'll assume you're a Reserve officer - so go to the link at http://www.cda.forces.gc.ca/dlm/engraph/services/er/programmes/pres_e.asp for the details.

This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Amsdel

• Rate Post
Education paperwork
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 17:49:37 »
Does anyone here know how to go about submitting your education reimbursement yourself?  (without using the OR)  From what I understand, when the ILP goes through (which it had) and the appropriate ID numbers are provided, the transcript, payment record, and receipts are off to Kingston to be validated.  This is the stage where my local OR failed, to make a long story short.  The individual charged with processing financial claims is nowhere to be found and I am currently trying to retrieve my documents (which is also nowhere to be found) so I may finish the process myself as time is an issue.  I have heard of some people running themselves through the process and was hoping that one would happen to read this thread.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  (Yes, I am still going through the proper channels, but as time is a huge issue and I am having no luck, I would like the alternative of relying on myself.)
"The Internet is an élite organization; most of the population of the world has never even made a phone call." - Noam Chomsky

Offline meni0n

• Rate Post
  • Soldier of leisure
Re: Education paperwork
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 23:23:44 »
Try the BPSO?

Offline Gunner

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Artillery Forum Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 23:32:26 »
Your BPSO office will have a education reimbursement clerk but they will probably refer you back to your OR as they are you POC.
Had a wonderful ~26 years in the military and still miss it.

Offline FinClk

• Scallywag
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2008, 07:37:09 »
Actually, in the vast majority of locations PSO's process these claims from start to finish, no involvement from the OR's whatsoever. If the documentation was submitted to the OR 2 things may have occured: 1- the clerk was unsure abourt the processing and is attemtping to figure it out, 2- it was forwarded to the PSO for processing.

PSO's retain full control of these claims to ensure they qualify under the apporved ILP, and to ascert the applicability of the training taken are relevant to the ILP.

Offline Gunner

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Artillery Forum Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2008, 14:02:54 »
Actually, in the vast majority of locations PSO's process these claims from start to finish, no involvement from the OR's whatsoever. If the documentation was submitted to the OR 2 things may have occured: 1- the clerk was unsure abourt the processing and is attemtping to figure it out, 2- it was forwarded to the PSO for processing.

PSO's retain full control of these claims to ensure they qualify under the apporved ILP, and to ascert the applicability of the training taken are relevant to the ILP.

I realize that Edmonton is not the vast majority of locations but that is the preferred course of action as relayed to me by the PSO Clk (I had submitted 4-5 previous education claims directly with the office).
Had a wonderful ~26 years in the military and still miss it.

Offline Spartan

• Prairie Type
  • Rate Post
  • They're watching.
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 18:28:41 »
Old topic - new question -
How does the Reserve Reimbursement program effect taxes? After reading through the tax guide - it states that I can only claim my eligible tuition fees "If the fees were paid or reinbursed by your employer, ... you can claim them only if the payment or reimbursement was included in your or your parent's income. " (2007 tax guide)  It then says under Education Amt: "Generally, you cannot claim this amount for a program for which you received a benefit, grant, an allowance or reimbursement of your tuition fees. However, you can claim this amt if you received salaray or wages from a job that is related to your program of study ..." (2007 Tax guide)
So my question is - how does the CF view this reimbursement - is it to be included on my T4 or is it simply other income? Does it allow me to claim my tuition or ?
BMQ MCpl:
"Being in the army is like being a mushroom - kept in the dark, fed crap and keep coming back for more."

Offline lornscotpter

• Rate Post
Help with Initial ILP (education reimbursment)
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 22:58:04 »
I've just completed BMQ and am currently going through SQ in my high school Coop program as a reserve infantry soldier. I am now aware that i am eligible for education reimbursement 50% to max $2000 total $8000, but the document is very confusing to me. Iv'e filled it out to the best of my ability but not sure on some points.

-what is MOC and where would i find out mine?
-what is UIC and where would i find out mine?
-what is the enrollment date; the day i swore in?
-where would i get a CF 1007?

I tried to submit it online on my home computer but it says i need to use a DIN computer... where would i go to use this (I am in the Lorne Scots brampton area). Is there someone to talk to at the armoury that can help me with this?
Iv'e searched and have not found much help, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thx!

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Help with Initial ILP (education reimbursment)
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2009, 23:16:18 »
The reimbursement program is for post-secondary studies - college or university.

Your MOC is what is now called your MOSID - the code that identifies your military occupation.

Your UIC is your unit identification code - it's a four digit number that's unique to your unit.

Your enrollment date should be the day you were sworn in.

Your orderly room should be able to assist, and provide you with a copy of your 1007.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Spectrum

• I'm from the government; I'm here to help you
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2009, 23:25:29 »
Ref DIN access, you need an account to access it, but you can do it from your unit. See if one of your staff/Sect Comd can help you out in that area...

Offline lornscotpter

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2009, 23:36:20 »
Thank you very much guys, ill find out where the orderly room is as well as ask my section commander for assistance.