Author Topic: Living at the RMC  (Read 47650 times)

Online SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
Re: Living at the RMC
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2008, 10:35:17 »
10 years? As far as I know it only just started last year and will end next year.

I should have been more clear- for the past 10 years or so, RMC has experimented with all manner of things including- cadets living out, shortened or non-existent recruit terms and reduced Cadet Wing leadership opportunities.  None of this, IMHO, has really contributed towards socializing RMC Officer Cadets into the military life style.  While I think daily standing room inspections, running circles every morning for really minor dress and drill infractions are things best left in past, other really useful things also got cut out in a drive to make RMC more "university-like" and less "military institution like".

Anyway, I had no intention of turning this into yet another "milcol was way tougher in my day" thread...

Offline Ct155hawk

• Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2018, 15:38:05 »
Hello all, im wondering if there is any place someone talk about his experience at rmc as a blog or anything , im going there and I would like to see in depth how is it there .

Thank you all!

Offline BeyondTheNow

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #77 on: December 20, 2018, 18:49:29 »
Hello all, im wondering if there is any place someone talk about his experience at rmc as a blog or anything , im going there and I would like to see in depth how is it there .

Thank you all!

I haven’t searched for blogs, but type in Royal Military College in YouTube and there’s a ton of results showcasing life at RMC and what to expect.  Type RMC in the search bar here, skim through results and you’ll find more personal accounts of people’s time there. I’d assume you’ll probably get a few hits through Google also.
~ "Don't do the dumb." ~