Author Topic: Boot Size  (Read 54452 times)

Offline Snaketnk

• Rate Post
Re: Boot Size
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 18:27:14 »
Just a note; a lot of people won't accept your mondopoint size when they ask for you boot size though, so always have the US/UK ("normal") size handy.
-------
Pro Patria

Offline cupper

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Nuke 'em 'til they glow, then wait until dark.
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 20:22:12 »
They must have changed combat boot sizing since the mid 80's.

My normal shoe size is 9 1/2 or 10 depending on the width of the shoe

But the best fitting pair of combat boots I had were 7 1/2 - 8 E. And that was with both a cotton athletic sock and the issue grey wool sock on my foot.
It's hard to win an argument against a smart person, it's damned near impossible against a stupid person.

There is no God, and life is just a myth.

"He who drinks, sleeps. He who sleeps, does not sin. He who does not sin, is holy. Therefore he who drinks, is holy."

Let's Go CAPS!

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -3925.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 22:57:07 »
They must have changed combat boot sizing since the mid 80's.

My normal shoe size is 9 1/2 or 10 depending on the width of the shoe

But the best fitting pair of combat boots I had were 7 1/2 - 8 E. And that was with both a cotton athletic sock and the issue grey wool sock on my foot.

Yup. Wore 8 1\2 E combat boots my entire career. All my other footwear is size 10.
Diversity includes adverse opinions, or it is not diversity.
Inclusive includes adverse opinions, or is not inclusive.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
Boot sizes
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2018, 10:43:33 »
So I am helping out my daughters Navy league corp, unpacking some new uniform stuff from Logistik, the parade boots do not have normal sizes on them, besides the NSN, they have numbers like 225/86. Does anyone have a chart to assist in interpreting their ancient Greek formulas to what us normal people use? Thanks

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
Re: Boot sizes
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2018, 11:42:45 »
So I am helping out my daughters Navy league corp, unpacking some new uniform stuff from Logistik, the parade boots do not have normal sizes on them, besides the NSN, they have numbers like 225/86. Does anyone have a chart to assist in interpreting their ancient Greek formulas to what us normal people use? Thanks

Hopefully this helps, its from the logistik website based off of the oxford shoe.
I just copy and pasted into the excel spreadsheet.

Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2018, 12:37:05 »
Many thanks