Author Topic: Kneepad Recommendations  (Read 20072 times)

Offline Britney Spears

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Kneepad Recommendations
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2004, 17:22:03 »
Um ... aren't you the one who thought it was so clever to fill out your profile as if you were a teen-aged air cadet ... hence "aero" ...

Must be some kind of inside joke for air cadets then.....Maybe I'll get it eventually as I progress in my cadet career.
"I'd vote for you."
  -TCBF, whiskey601.

"Britney, if you wern't so young I would kiss you!"
  -a_majoor.

Offline bossi

• "vae soli, vae victus"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • The puck stops here ('War On Ice'!) Fight Smarter!
    • My pix (on MSN)
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2004, 20:41:34 »
Um ... aren't you the one who thought it was so clever to fill out your profile as if you were a teen-aged air cadet ... hence "aero" ...

Must be some kind of inside joke for air cadets then.....Maybe I'll get it eventually as I progress in my cadet career.

Aero is a chocolate bar with holes in it, just like your profile (and hence your perceived credibility ...)
Junior officers and NCOs who neglect to guide the thinking of their men are shirking a command responsibility.
-Feb 1955 Cbt Forces Journal
Those who appreciate true valour should in their daily intercourse set gentleness first and aim to win the love and esteem of others. If you affect valour and act with violence, the world will in the end detest you and look upon you as wild beasts. Of this you should take heed.
-Emperor Meiji: Rescript to Soldiers and Sailors, 4 January 1883

Offline Troopasaurus

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2004, 01:15:23 »
Well i have just returned from an Amphibious ex and I wore my Alta knee pads for basically the whole ex. They were awesome when having to knee on on the rocky shoreline. The best way to go is to get the ones without the Velcro instead using the brass grommet to attach, i have found these to be quicker and more reliable then the Velcro. When we were on a ruck march i usually just unhooked the top strap which relieved any chafing that might have occurred. Overall i would highly recommend them.

fixit

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2005, 09:38:50 »
I also thought that kneepads would be good for section attacks and wore them for the practices. But I never wore them after. The elastic on the back of the knee bunched up and rubbed against the skin causing big blisters. All I can say is that you won't kill yourself without them and your better off because you really don't have the time to readjust them.

Offline Tommy

• If you dont fill out your Claim properly, the Terrorists Win...
  • Rate Post
  • This Space for Rent - Enquire Within
    • iRock
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2005, 19:51:44 »
I know MD Charlton Co Ltd. is having a sale on them...

the Hatch knee pads that is...

when you get to the web site click on specials.

www.mdcharlton.ca
Tommy is retired now so he can say any opinion he darned well pleases so long as it stays within the forum guidelines :D

Offline Frankie

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2005, 11:04:56 »
up.....
he sees me.....
down...

wish we were permitted on TQ# and ISCC in the '80's

kness eventually wear out...
especially if you happen to find one of the many rocks found on the ground on this planet.

Any protection is worth the hastle..

Offline Hatchet Man

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2005, 03:39:30 »
I remember reading somewhere that the issue knee/elbow pads were supposed to for all cbt arms reg and res. I guess things change.  I have hatch pads and i would prefer the "issue" ones over those.  The dang elastic always cuts into the back of my knee.  When we to florida last year the Americans had some pretty cool pads that had fabric under the elastics so it wouldn't cut into your legs as much.  I wish I had asked where they got them.

Offline Vigilant

• Rate Post
  • Soldier
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2005, 15:48:44 »
I use the NE35 Centurion Neoprene Elbow Pads and NK45 Centurion Neoprene Knee Pads from Hatch. Neoprene dries pretty quicky and doesn't soak up water.

I wear them on the inside of my uniform, which helps to hide it from prying eyes. The only problem I have with the elbow pads is they are really loose for me and keep sliding off, so I'll have to resew it or something. I wish it used velcro, but it is just elastic.

The knee pads attach with full length velcro, so no problems there. They are spongy, like volleyball pads, but do not absorb water. They work really well for me.

Offline genesis98

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005, 12:06:03 »
I use a set of cadpat knee pads from Tactical Tailo, I've only used them a couple of times and let them to a buddy of mine on his PLQ. He said they perfromed well.

Offline Chop

• Rate Post
  • Military
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005, 12:48:11 »
Dave's Army Surplus sells Alta kneepads in Cadpat.   The Altas have gotten some of the best reviews by users compared to other kneepad brands ie. Hatch or Hellstorm.   The fact that they're Cadpat is just icing on the cake.

Check them out at:   www.davesarmysurplus.com

I have a pair of them and they work great, tried a few other models but I have big legs and they where too small or just did not fit right, these ones are great.

Offline Darth_Hamel

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2006, 21:14:02 »
"Unless you have knee problems (ie PFS, prepatellar Bursitis) its isn't worth the effort to get knee pads for the PLQ. I did sect during my PLQ, and I have humped ruck with 3 RCR and never needed them for standard dismounted ops."

Well I took advice like that and only bought elbowpads when I visited Dave's surplus. The next Ex I dove out of the way of a T-flash in the dark and knees first on edged rocks. CF 98 and 3 months of not being able to run later I now know that there's nasty things to bang up your knees outside of urban environments.

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2006, 21:16:34 »
I wonder what I ever did before they invented kneepads? 
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline Hunter

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2006, 21:42:34 »
I wonder what I ever did before they invented kneepads? 

uhhhh....you got rug burn?

...sorry George I couldn't resist.   ;D
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
(Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you)
- Ovid

Offline George Wallace

• Army.ca Fossil
  • Rate Post
  • Crewman
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2006, 21:47:56 »
Rugs weren't invented back when I was in the Legion.   ;D
DISCLAIMER: The opinions and arguments of George Wallace posted on this Site are solely those of George Wallace and not the opinion of Army.ca and are posted for information purposes only.
Unless so stated, they are reflective of my opinion -- and my opinion only, a right that I enjoy along with every other Canadian citizen.

Offline FourNinerZero

• The Warriors Code
  • Rate Post
  • I am what I am- a MO dude with a kit addiction.
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2006, 22:01:10 »
I've found that there are Two varieties of hatch kneepad. one version has three grommets holding the cap on, and the other has four. the version with four grommets has padding that wraps partially around the back of the knee to add more comfort. I've used them plenty, and have not found a problem with them.

I have also used the hellstorm kneepads, which have the cap sewn down so that various detrius does not get caught in them. but I found I prefered the hatch kneepads, as the hatch felt to have more and softer padding.

on another note, Does anyone use elbowpads? if so, when? I typically dont wear them, I find they restrict movement. any other thoughts/opinions?
We are the sheepdogs, bad people looking out for good people by killing worse people. - me

Forever I'll find you, Forever we'll be, Forever your power your strength stays with me- DKM Forever.

Offline Matt_Fisher

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Former Marine
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2006, 22:15:15 »
http://forums.army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,39312.0.html

Have a look at the KP's ICE carries.  Unlike Hatch and Altama's, the KP kneepads are articulated  like a human knee...woah, what a concept ;D) and tend to stay up ALOT better.