Author Topic: General CFRC Questions – Primary Reserve  (Read 283009 times)

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: General CFRC Questions – Primary Reserve
« Reply #600 on: January 28, 2019, 11:53:42 »
Thanks

You are welcome. Good luck. :)

Offline Icecube

• Rate Post
« Reply #601 on: January 28, 2019, 12:22:33 »
well credit check will fk me up😂, im on debt consolidation right now, been paying my debts for a year now. Any way i told the Capt about it who did my interview last december and provided him proof payments i hope it helps. But is there any chance the background check will takes only less than a month?

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #602 on: January 28, 2019, 12:36:20 »
well credit check will fk me up😂,

Some discussion of Credit Check,

Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=13319.0
18 pages.

Offline PotentialReservist

• Rate Post
« Reply #603 on: February 25, 2019, 10:59:00 »
I have large projecting moles on my inner thighs which make it painful to run, chafing over time. I can diminish the pain by widening my stance while walking but it doesn't let me do any long distance running with any kind of speed or efficiency. I've just grown to avoid doing that and try to be fit in other ways, take my time walking places with sort of a subtle sumo-waddle...

Is this something I could talk to my doctor about getting a dermatologist referral for removing, possibly covered by OHIP? I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow to ask about that, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the issue, the right type of questions to ask, descriptions to focus on?

I also have a similar mole on the back of my neck which interferes with rubbing my neck, and I really need to be able to do self-massage on neck to deal with neck soreness. There is also a mole on my side which causes painful chafing when running in a tight shirt, and I expect possibly a uniform if I am able to get into Canadian Forces.

I'm really hoping OHIP would sponsor their removal for improved quality of life so that I could more easily do cardio training for Canadian forces. Right now I am focusing on the sandbag lift and wall toss because I can do that with a wide stance, as well as pushups/burpees, but I am really concerned about my lack of specific training for long distance running and being able to accomplish that in the required time. If I'm not able to finish it quickly enough due to pain (or just lack of fitness, from pain inhibiting proper specific prep for running), does anyone know how long I would have to wait before being able to get a 2nd chance to apply for Reserves?

Offline someoneelse

• Rate Post
« Reply #604 on: March 07, 2019, 12:03:54 »
Hello, I am loolong to join the reserves, I need to pray 5 times daily, each prayer takes 5 mins. I can likely get the dawn and night prayers in before/after training, but I need to do the noon/afternoon/sunset prayers on time, will this be possible at Reserve BMQ?

Offline someoneelse

• Rate Post
« Reply #605 on: March 07, 2019, 12:13:53 »
Looking*

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #606 on: March 07, 2019, 12:19:15 »
I need to pray 5 times daily, each prayer takes 5 mins.

See also,

Prayers
I am required to pray 5 times a day at different times. Will I have enough time to do them during BMQ?

Offline someoneelse

• Rate Post
« Reply #607 on: March 07, 2019, 12:20:20 »
Hello, I am looking to join the reserves, Im wondering if I will be given time to do my prayers, there are 5 and each one takes 5 mins, can basically be done anywhere but there are specific times? Most likely I can do the early morning and night prayers before or after training day, what about the other 3? Will the instructors allow me to step aside?

Offline Staff Weenie

• Rate Post
« Reply #608 on: March 07, 2019, 12:27:01 »
It is always best to be up front with the Recruiting staff and course staff about religious requirements - aspects such as prayer times, and dietary restrictions.

When I ran a BMQ years ago, I had three young Muslim troops who asked for prayer time. One of them linked me in with his Imam, who gave me a calendar with the daily prayer times. As soon as I realized it wasn't an absolute 'starts exactly on this minute or else...', but rather must be done within a set window of time, it was fairly easy to set it up  - while we were in the classrooms (I set aside a small room for their prayers, and they would duck in there while on break). It is far harder to accommodate during field training and exercises - you cannot simply stop a patrol or attack for prayer time. Even then, the Imam did not seem too concerned, and told me that these things were understood.

I hope all goes well, and that you go through with joining the Reserves. Good luck!

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #609 on: March 07, 2019, 12:30:03 »
Im wondering if I will be given time to do my prayers, there are 5 and each one takes 5 mins, can basically be done anywhere but there are specific times? Most likely I can do the early morning and night prayers before or after training day, what about the other 3? Will the instructors allow me to step aside?

I'm a muslim currently on course. The course staff is reasonably accommodating when possible but Ayrsayle is right the military need comes first. Although it only takes 5 minutes to pray, you cant expect to leave a lecture half way or skip out of drill to pray. During the course you are always under a time constraint. In order to take the extra 5 minutes to pray, you must work faster than everyone else around you and shave time off other tasks. No smoke breaks or long showers. I have no problem making time for the morning and the nightly prayers but i usually miss the 3 day time ones. You do get breaks during the day for few minutes here and there so you might be able to do better than me.
As Ajp said, once the training is done and you are working it will likely get easier to make all 5. I know someone who was on a tour to afghanistan and was able to maintain prayers for the most part so you should be fine.
Good luck.

Offline ACE_Engineer

• Rate Post
« Reply #610 on: March 11, 2019, 17:19:33 »
It is always best to be up front with the Recruiting staff and course staff about religious requirements - aspects such as prayer times, and dietary restrictions.

When I ran a BMQ years ago, I had three young Muslim troops who asked for prayer time. One of them linked me in with his Imam, who gave me a calendar with the daily prayer times. As soon as I realized it wasn't an absolute 'starts exactly on this minute or else...', but rather must be done within a set window of time, it was fairly easy to set it up  - while we were in the classrooms (I set aside a small room for their prayers, and they would duck in there while on break). It is far harder to accommodate during field training and exercises - you cannot simply stop a patrol or attack for prayer time. Even then, the Imam did not seem too concerned, and told me that these things were understood.

I hope all goes well, and that you go through with joining the Reserves. Good luck!

Firstly, thank you for being accommodating when you ran the BMQ. I hope my BMQ NCO's share your views as well.

There are now Muslim Chaplains in the Canadian Army who can do exactly what the Imam did. Provide you with information, a timetable for the prayers, and reasons why it is necessary. In Islam, there are specific provisions for military training and traveling, which provides ease for prayer (ex. Have to pray 3 times instead of 5, and the prayers themselves are shorter). This is also something the Chaplain's can communicate.

I don't know when my BMQ will begin (no offer yet), but when I do, I plan on getting my NCOs all the information required ASAP.

Offline SPowell

• Rate Post
« Reply #611 on: March 13, 2019, 15:58:55 »
Any idea how long it takes to reopen your application once it has been archived?

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #612 on: March 13, 2019, 16:42:03 »
Any idea how long it takes to reopen your application once it has been archived?

It may depend on how long it has been "archived".

From a CAF Recruiter,

The ONLY time you have to reapply online, is if your previous application to the CAF has been CLOSED for more than one year. 

Offline DanConsoli

• Rate Post
« Reply #613 on: March 22, 2019, 20:03:01 »
Hello,

I am currently in the application process for joining the CAF as a part time reserve infantry Soldier. My question is in regards to training commitment. I work full time and would prefer to complete as much of the training as I can on weekends. I am wondering what parts cannot be taken on weekends and how long they require, or if they can be spread out over different periods. Any information would help.

Thanks

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #614 on: April 10, 2019, 12:05:56 »
Good Day,

PRes Units are in charge of their own recruiting and training, you should reach out to the Reserve Unit you wish to join and ask your query to them as they'll have the information that you're seeking.

Offline Goliate23

• Rate Post
BMQ Reserve
« Reply #615 on: June 30, 2019, 00:58:39 »
Hey guys.

I have an easy question you. I'm going to go my BMQ full time (4 weeks) I'd like to know if we are free in the weekend or we stay there?

Thank you!

Max

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: BMQ Reserve
« Reply #616 on: June 30, 2019, 08:15:41 »
BMQ Reserve,

I'm going to go my BMQ full time (4 weeks) I'd like to know if we are free in the weekend or we stay there?

From a CAF Recruiter,

PRes Units are in charge of their own recruiting and training, you should reach out to the Reserve Unit you wish to join and ask your query to them as they'll have the information that you're seeking.

Offline RomeoJuliet

• Donor
  • Rate Post
« Reply #617 on: June 30, 2019, 08:31:44 »
Hey guys.

I have an easy question you. I'm going to go my BMQ full time (4 weeks) I'd like to know if we are free in the weekend or we stay there?

Thank you!

Max
Your staff will determine if or when you will get any weekends free. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk