Author Topic: Medical Review Board/File Review/Wait Time (Merged)  (Read 80253 times)

Offline timed

• Rate Post
Re: Medical Review Board/File Review/Wait Time (Merged)
« Reply #150 on: June 08, 2016, 21:21:22 »
You aren't sent any medical letters from Ottawa directly. Your medical results are sent from your recruiting centre to Ottawa for review. The approval (hopefully) is then sent from Ottawa back to your recruiting centre, and your recruiting centre lets you know what the next step is.

Thank you for the response. Is there not a letter in the process though? For example in this thread: http://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,114561.msg1300275.html, the poster mentions having to wait for a letter. It's really no big deal, I'd just prefer email. I'm also living away from home for school, so I'm not sure if I would want it sent to my parents' house (in which case they would probably read it first), or my dorm (which I don't really trust since the mailbox is open, and there's like 15 people that share this house) which I'm leaving in like 3 months anyway.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 21:24:26 by timed »

Offline Gunshark

• Rate Post
« Reply #151 on: June 09, 2016, 07:20:01 »
If you note in the thread you referenced, the individual was found medically unfit, and was advised the reasoning would be mailed to him. I was not aware this is done, but looks like it's only in the "unfit" case anyway.

Last I know of (I was in application process just last year), you are not mailed any letters if you are found fit.

In any case, in your situation I would provide your parents' address. They shouldn't be opening your mail but you shouldn't be keeping secrets like this from them either.

Depending on your trade selection, at the end of your medical you may be instructed to get additional tests done outside of the recruiting centre (for example, eye test). You will be given the required form(s) to take to the appropriate doctor(s). When you get those tests done, you then can either deliver those filled out forms yourself to the CFRC medical section or mail them there.

Offline bscriber

• Rate Post
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2016, 10:22:53 »
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get an Air Factor?  I received a call from my CFRC telling me that I passed my medical, except the med tech didn't give me the paperwork to complete my Air Factor back in March when I did the medical.  I have to go next week to get the paperwork and then see my doctor to get the work done.  I am applying for AEC in the RCAF.  Everything else on my file is done and this is holding me up from being merit listed.

I waited 3.5 months for my medical.  Is Air Factor about the same wait time?

Thanks!
Recruiting Center: Kingston
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM:     DEO
Trade Choice 1:AEC
Trade Choice 2: MARS
Trade Choice 3: Int
Application Date: Jul. 9, 2015
First Contact: Jul. 10, 2015
CFAT: Aug. 5, 2015 Passed
MOST: Aug. 12, 2015 Passed
Medical : Mar. 29, 2016
Interview completed: Mar. 29, 2016
ACS: Jun. 6-7, 2016 Passed
Background : Aug. 2016
Merit listed: Nov 8, 2016
Position Offered:  AEC
BMOQ:  May 15, 2017

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2016, 13:28:44 »
Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to get an Air Factor?  I received a call from my CFRC telling me that I passed my medical, except the med tech didn't give me the paperwork to complete my Air Factor back in March when I did the medical.  I have to go next week to get the paperwork and then see my doctor to get the work done.  I am applying for AEC in the RCAF.  Everything else on my file is done and this is holding me up from being merit listed.

I waited 3.5 months for my medical.  Is Air Factor about the same wait time?

I'm pretty sure the AF can only be assigned/awarded by CFEME Toronto and should have been done when you did your ASC Course.  Once you return any required documentation, your medical file will need to be sent to Toronto for review and approval.  Not entirely certain on the turn around times for this but I'm thinking 4-6 weeks, if not longer, would be a reasonable expectation.
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline bscriber

• Rate Post
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2016, 13:50:24 »
I'm pretty sure the AF can only be assigned/awarded by CFEME Toronto and should have been done when you did your ASC Course.  Once you return any required documentation, your medical file will need to be sent to Toronto for review and approval.  Not entirely certain on the turn around times for this but I'm thinking 4-6 weeks, if not longer, would be a reasonable expectation.

Thanks DAA!  Yes, the Cpl. at CFRC Kingston I talked to was surprised the paperwork wasn't given to me before I did my ASC course.  I'm off to Kingston next week to pick up the paperwork, then off to see my doctor to get everything done.  I was so excited to have hit the end of the long recruitment road, but I have to navigate this last bend :).  Hopefully, it will be only 4-6 weeks, but I'll expect longer.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst, right?

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2016, 14:39:15 »
Thanks DAA!  Yes, the Cpl. at CFRC Kingston I talked to was surprised the paperwork wasn't given to me before I did my ASC course.  I'm off to Kingston next week to pick up the paperwork, then off to see my doctor to get everything done.  I was so excited to have hit the end of the long recruitment road, but I have to navigate this last bend :).  Hopefully, it will be only 4-6 weeks, but I'll expect longer.  Hope for the best, plan for the worst, right?

Only a guess but chances are, you may have been caught during a processing change for Aircrew Occupations and your CFRC may not have been aware of this.  It seems to be sorted out now and hopefully you are on your way again.

Don't loose sleep over this, it's not a critical issue and the CAF will always be looking for Pilots, so your chances of being made an offer of employment have not been disadvantaged.  But I would recommend that you maintain contact with your local Recruiting Detachment every 30-45 days, even if to just check in on things.

Good luck!
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline elsalado

• Rate Post
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2016, 15:11:10 »
Are you referring to the additional blood and vision tests that you have to get for aircrew after the normal medical? I applied for pilot and ACSO and  did my medical in April then was given the forms to get filled out by my doctor and optometrist. I got them filled out after I did my aircrew selection in May and got them sent out in early June.

Offline bscriber

• Rate Post
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2016, 16:13:01 »
Yes, I am.  I was never given the forms though, and I did my AEC testing two months ago.  I would have had this done if I had had the forms.  Oh well.  I'll pick them up next Wednesday and get it all squared away :)

Offline elsalado

• Rate Post
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2016, 16:29:50 »
Ah I see. Hopefully yours goes quickly since your regular medical was already sent up. I did my ACS in early May where I passed for ACSO but not for pilot. I stupidly assumed that I would only need to send those forms in for pilot and not ACSO so I didn't bother until I found out 3 weeks later that I did indeed need to send them. So now it's been 2 months since Ottawa received all my documents but maybe I would be done already if I didn't waste those 3 weeks  :facepalm:

Offline solarblue

• Rate Post
« Reply #159 on: July 05, 2017, 02:07:29 »
Is anyone else a DEO applicant for one or more of the Aircrew Trades (Pilot, AEC, ACSO) and had their Aircrew Medical file approved in recent months (i.e. Jan 2017 or later)? If so, how long ago was the date on which you returned the completed forms for Aircrew Trades?

These are the dates of my application steps and I'm wondering if others are experiencing / have recently experienced similar Medical Review wait times:

Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: DEO
Trade Choice 1: ACSO
Trade Choice 2: LogO
Trade Choice 3: AEC
Applied: 24 Aug 2016
CFAT: 15 Sep 2016
ASC: 22 Nov 2016
Interview: 16 Jan 2017
Medical appointment (in-person): 16 Jan 2017
Aircrew medical screening test results faxed to CFRC Medical Section: 09 Feb 2017
Background: Feb 2017

Thanks!

Offline TheFourSeasons

• Rate Post
« Reply #160 on: August 02, 2017, 03:56:43 »
Does anybody know what the current medical wait times are, on average, as of August 2017?

Offline FinnO25

• Rate Post
  • Drive Fast, And Leave A Sexy Corpse
« Reply #161 on: August 05, 2017, 11:12:05 »
Wait times vary based on your medical situation, in my case it took roughly 2 months for my med file to be approved.
Today I do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2017, 14:08:17 »
Does anybody know what the current medical wait times are, on average, as of August 2017?

Mine was also 2 months. Just got word last week my file passed dmed pol.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2017, 16:00:59 »

Considering the disclosures you made in previous posts, don't expect that your medical will be a typical review time. Each individual is different, so times for others will not necessarily correlate to what you or anyone else should expect.

Offline 44nic4444

• Rate Post
Medical Sent Off For Further Review
« Reply #164 on: August 17, 2017, 03:33:52 »
Anybody have any idea how long it takes for a medical that need to reviewed to be sent to Ottawa take? Cause i had to get further medical forums filled out and some stupid medical resident filled it out wrong and I got a second opinion, which they said was fine. Plus I have some other old medical problems, saying all that I have worked labour jobs my whole life and workout 5 days a week and have never had problems. I'm just worried they will look at the medical problems and be like hes unfit even though I'm in no way not. Furthermore I'm sorta in a really inconvenient timeline in this part of my life. I wanna go into the military but if i dint get accepted i want to go to school but the local medical person in the recruiting centre it might take up to a month. This means that I would be in school and it would be hard to get out of school but if i ditch school and get denied then I gotta do something for a year. So i don't have any idea what to do.

Sorry if i ranted I'm just sorta worried/pissed/da fuq do i

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
Re: Medical Sent Off For Further Review
« Reply #165 on: August 17, 2017, 11:54:55 »
Anybody have any idea how long it takes for a medical that need to reviewed to be sent to Ottawa take? Cause i had to get further medical forums filled out and some stupid medical resident filled it out wrong and I got a second opinion, which they said was fine. Plus I have some other old medical problems, saying all that I have worked labour jobs my whole life and workout 5 days a week and have never had problems. I'm just worried they will look at the medical problems and be like hes unfit even though I'm in no way not. Furthermore I'm sorta in a really inconvenient timeline in this part of my life. I wanna go into the military but if i dint get accepted i want to go to school but the local medical person in the recruiting centre it might take up to a month. This means that I would be in school and it would be hard to get out of school but if i ditch school and get denied then I gotta do something for a year. So i don't have any idea what to do.

Sorry if i ranted I'm just sorta worried/pissed/da fuq do i

More like 2 months seems to be the average waiting time. Its almost been 2 and a half for my medical file.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.