Author Topic: Training Payment for Reserves  (Read 688 times)

Offline Aero_Solas

• Rate Post
Training Payment for Reserves
« on: December 01, 2019, 21:27:54 »
Hello!

Im curious about how much you get paid at training as a reservist. Iv heard multiple different numbers so im trying to get it cleared up.

I more spesifically would like to know for bmq, bmq-l, and armoured dp1/dp2.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: Training Payment for Reserves
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 21:49:06 »
Reserves get paid for either "half day" or "full day" work/training sessions.  You can take a look at the rates here:  https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/pay-pension-benefits/pay.html

Just look at either the OCdt and 2Lt rates for Officers or Private (Basic) and Private (Trained) rates for NCM.  Rough math, take off 25-30% for taxes etc and you'll get a ballpark for 'per day' earnings.  You'd be looking at the Class A and B Reserve Service tables for what you're curious about.
"What a f$$kin' week!" - me, every Monday at about 1130hrs.

Offline Aero_Solas

• Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 21:58:37 »
Reserves get paid for either "half day" or "full day" work/training sessions.  You can take a look at the rates here:  https://www.canada.ca/en/department-national-defence/services/benefits-military/pay-pension-benefits/pay.html

Just look at either the OCdt and 2Lt rates for Officers or Private (Basic) and Private (Trained) rates for NCM.  Rough math, take off 25-30% for taxes etc and you'll get a ballpark for 'per day' earnings.  You'd be looking at the Class A and B Reserve Service tables for what you're curious about.
Ah ok thank you!

Offline Aero_Solas

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 22:01:06 »

Just one more thing. Do you happen to know if there's a difference between class a and b pay? From what iv gathered, theyre the exact same.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 23:25:29 »
Class A and B are paid the at the same rate.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Online Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 23:27:34 »
Just one more thing. Do you happen to know if there's a difference between class a and b pay? From what iv gathered, theyre the exact same.

The daily rate is the same for both classes of service, it is the administration of the different classes of reserve service that varies.  Under Class A service a member is paid only for those days that he is authorized to be on duty for work or training (or half-days if it is under 6 hours and thus is paid half the daily rate).  Under Class B service a member is paid the full daily rate for each and every day of the period that he is placed on Class B (even if there are days on which no work or training may be scheduled, e.g. weekends or stat holidays).
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline dapaterson

Mostly Harmless.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 23:34:29 »
Class A and class B under 29 days also receive PILL in lieu of annual leave.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Aero_Solas

• Rate Post
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 00:22:10 »
Can you elaborate on that? Whats PILL and how do you mean under 29 days?

Offline Aero_Solas

• Rate Post
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 00:22:47 »
Can you elaborate on that? Whats PILL and how do you mean "under 29 days"?

Offline Brasidas

• Rate Post
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 00:30:06 »
Can you elaborate on that? Whats PILL and how do you mean under 29 days?

Pay In Lieu of Leave. You get some extra money for short-term work, as if you were working 30 days or more you would get vacation days.

Offline Aero_Solas

• Rate Post
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 00:32:20 »
Pay In Lieu of Leave. You get some extra money for short-term work, as if you were working 30 days or more you would get vacation days.
Alright thanks!