Author Topic: Admiral Retires Suddenly  (Read 540 times)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Admiral Retires Suddenly
« on: July 08, 2019, 09:12:20 »
Admiral Moran who had been selected to become Chief of Naval Operations has suddenly retired rather than take the job due to allegations of misconduct with a subordinate.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-surprise-move-admiral-tapped-to-lead-us-navy-declines-job-retires-instead/ar-AADZtDm?ocid=spartanntp

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
Re: Admiral Retires Suddenly
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 11:15:45 »
Said Moran, "I made this difficult decision based on an open investigation into the nature of some of my personal email correspondence over the past couple of years and for continuing to maintain a professional relationship with a former staff officer, now retired, who had while in uniform been investigated and held accountable over allegations of inappropriate behavior."

"To be clear, my decision to maintain this relationship was in no way an endorsement or tacit approval of this kind of conduct. I understand how toxic it can be to any team when inappropriate behavior goes unrecognized and unchecked. Every Sailor is entitled to serve in an environment free of harassment or intimidation."

That quote speaks volumes.
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."