Author Topic: CANFORGEN 040/19 - Patches and T-shirts  (Read 3508 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
Re: CANFORGEN 040/19 - Patches and T-shirts
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2019, 09:24:45 »
Just as I was elated about BEARDFORGEN. We don't get many victories, so even the small ones feel monumental.

“The end of an unclouded day. Almost a happy one. Just one of the 3,653 days of his sentence, from bell to bell. The extra three were for leap years.”

―  Alexander Solzhenitsyn,  One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

;D
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Big Spoon

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2019, 09:33:04 »
“The end of an unclouded day. Almost a happy one. Just one of the 3,653 days of his sentence, from bell to bell. The extra three were for leap years.”

―  Alexander Solzhenitsyn,  One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich

;D

Currently 8132 days into my sentence including 5 days for leap years    :tempertantrum:

Offline edlabonte

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2019, 09:51:00 »

Currently 8132 days into my sentence including 5 days for leap years    :tempertantrum:

You have been doing this a long time Big Spoon, If you're section has fancy patches i expect to see one in the mail.

Offline Big Spoon

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2019, 10:23:52 »
You have been doing this a long time Big Spoon, If you're section has fancy patches i expect to see one in the mail.

Consider it done

Offline ballz

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2019, 00:58:09 »
"Bread and circuses," indeed.

I'll admit I had to look up your reference. I don't know if bringing back some semblance of common sense qualifies as superficial re: beards, pony tails, and pantyhose. Certainly not game changers given all the problems we face, but superficial maybe not.

But, what strikes me as odd about your comment, is the originator "used it to decry the selfishness of common people and their neglect of wider concerns. The phrase implies a population's erosion or ignorance of civic duty as a priority."

I've wasted enough time trying to create anything that looks like positive, tangible changes within this organization. I've also watched as a General who still hasn't become a salty pickle like myself still wastes his time, with little to no results, and I've come to accept the reality, that this machine requires utter and dismal failure before it will ever change. In the meantime, I'll be happy with my beard, but it's not for lack of caring of the bigger issues. I can do both at the same time, and unfortunately for the little hair I have left, I do.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 01:23:05 by ballz »
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?