Author Topic: “We Keep Rucking Until Our Leg Falls Off…Right?  (Read 644 times)

Offline daftandbarmy

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • The Older I Get, The Better I Was
“We Keep Rucking Until Our Leg Falls Off…Right?
« on: March 07, 2019, 14:17:52 »
“We Keep Rucking Until Our Leg Falls Off…Right?

We explained to the troops that they’d be carrying more weight and equipment than the average UMOPAR troops and they’d be getting better kit once we got the unit manned. But, they’d have to learn how to move and move fast with all of that gear.
So with that, I asked if there were any questions. And sure enough, one smart-*** in the back said, “It is easy for you guys to move that fast, you have legs twice as long as ours.” There was the cue.

I nodded to Dave, who slid his leg out of his pants and tossed it in front of the formation. It landed perfectly with the boot down standing at attention. There was a gasp from the formation, most of the Bolivians had never seen a prosthetic limb before and they were shocked into silence. “Your legs may be short, but at least you have two of those,” Dave said. You could hear a pin drop.

https://specialoperations.com/33529/we-keep-rucking-until-our-leg-falls-off-right/
"The most important qualification of a soldier is fortitude under fatigue and privation. Courage is only second; hardship, poverty and want are the best school for a soldier." Napoleon

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: “We Keep Rucking Until Our Leg Falls Off…Right?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 18:40:34 »
Priceless.

I am reminded of an old tale that I read somewhere in the distant past, about a guy with a glass eye.

He used to bet people that he could bite his eye.

When challenged, he would pop it out and bite it.

He would then bet a larger amount that he could bite the other one as well.

The bettee would think "I saw him walk in and navigate around obstacles, so there's no way that he could have two glass eyes", and accept the bet.

The fellow would then remove his false teeth and bite his good eye with them.