Author Topic: Matthew Fisher's Ideal military  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Matthew Fisher's Ideal military
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2018, 10:44:53 »
Which indicates he had the opportunity, time and funds to attend higher education. After years of higher education he went into public office. No real experience at employment (except as a part-time substitute teacher, appearing in a movie, etc) no matter how often he attempts to appear as a person of the people with his shirt sleeves rolled up.

There was the rumor, that Mr. Butts wrote his exam at McGill, but no proof that I know of.

http://www.smalldeadanimals.com/index.php/2018/06/07/is-groping-the-same-as-grabbing/

Photo Cption; Image of an editorial in the August 14, 2000 Creston Valley Advance, a local B.C. paper, which claims Justin Trudeau apologized for "inappropriately handling" (or "groping" in the paper's words) a female reporter
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline suffolkowner

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2018, 21:22:00 »

There was the rumor, that Mr. Butts wrote his exam at McGill, but no proof that I know of.

How would that even be possible? When I wrote exams everyone had there own spot in a hall with multiple people watching

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2018, 21:38:24 »
How would that even be possible? When I wrote exams everyone had there own spot in a hall with multiple people watching

The only way I can think of would be a fake university ID card, but even that is a stretch.
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline Rifleman62

Retired.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2018, 21:48:46 »
I am not disputing you, but does McGill or any other university check Photo ID for every exam sit?
Never Congratulate Yourself In Victory, Nor Blame Your Horses In Defeat - Old Cossack Expression

Offline suffolkowner

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2018, 22:30:22 »
I am not disputing you, but does McGill or any other university check Photo ID for every exam sit?

you know I don't even remember, plus I went to a small school so by 4th year it would be obvious. didn't even think of swapping out people I guess I'm not devious enough

jollyjacktar

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2018, 22:54:14 »
While being "well versed in drama production" will certainly come in handy in the House of Commons the following might be more useful.
"Trudeau has a bachelor of arts degree in literature from McGill University and a bachelor of education degree from the University of British Columbia.
From 2002 to 2004, he studied engineering at the École Polytechnique de Montréal, a part of the Université de Montréal.He also started a master's degree in environmental geography at McGill University, before suspending his program to seek public office.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Trudeau#University_and_early_career"

I wasn't necessarily singling him out, being well versed in drama productions can equally be applied to any of them if their behavior is any indication.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2018, 23:49:50 »
What do the last several posts have to do with Matthew Fisher's tweet about his ideal sized military?  Or with "Military Current Affairs & News" for that matter?  Seems that the off-hand comments about the PM should be more in the political threads, though the slagging of political figures was what got heated threads closed back a couple of months and warnings about similar conduct in the future.  Could the same be said about some of the posts currently in this thread . . .  "rumour . . . no proof"?  Maybe a clean-up of this thread is in order.
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline Altair

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 08:49:23 »
Which indicates he had the opportunity, time and funds to attend higher education. After years of higher education he went into public office. No real experience at employment (except as a part-time substitute teacher, appearing in a movie, etc) no matter how often he attempts to appear as a person of the people with his shirt sleeves rolled up.

So I guess he would share that distinction with our 22nd Prime Minister, who once he got his degree in economics(and to be noted, not a PHD, nor do I think he wrote any peer reviewed papers) and joined the National Citizens Coalition, never having actually worked as a economist. He did however, work for a oil company, although it seems like it was as a mail clerk.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:59:40 by Altair »
Someday I'll care about milpoints.

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 09:05:11 »
What do the last several posts have to do with Matthew Fisher's tweet about his ideal sized military?  Or with "Military Current Affairs & News" for that matter?  Seems that the off-hand comments about the PM should be more in the political threads, though the slagging of political figures was what got heated threads closed back a couple of months and warnings about similar conduct in the future.  Could the same be said about some of the posts currently in this thread . . .  "rumour . . . no proof"?  Maybe a clean-up of this thread is in order.

I agree and on that note, back on track folks.

I don't want to hear another word on here about The Hairspray King or Curly Sue  ;D

Milnet Staff

Offline ArmyRick

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • What the????
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 16:24:35 »
ideal military? Just contact the galactic empire. Should be some nice surplus imperial equipment for Canada to use
perhaps
-8 x Star destroyers
-32 x AT-AT walkers
-150 x TIE fighters
-60 x AT-ST Scout Walkers (yes P Res, you will have a vehicle)
-1 x death star...nope, not available
-50 x Probe Droids

Sound decent?
I am NOT a privileged white man by virtue of being male or white. I am privileged because I am alive and exercising my right to be who I am!

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 18:30:22 »
The google machine tells me 1 star destroyer has more infantry (storm troopers) and more regular force soldiers than all of Canada.
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline torg003

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2018, 17:23:05 »
Just remember, Canadians in WWI were the original Imperial storm troopers.  Vimy!