Author Topic: Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )  (Read 502348 times)

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
Re: Voluntary Occupational Transfer ( VOT )
« Reply #1075 on: July 10, 2018, 15:12:18 »
I am awaiting a meeting with the bpso

The BPSO will have all that info;  if you can apply, what trades are open, all that stuff.  They'll need to review your CFAT scores, Med Category and a bunch of other things will come into play.  The main thing, is the BPSO interview.

When is your BPSO interview?
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline stellarpanther

• Rate Post
« Reply #1076 on: September 29, 2018, 21:36:11 »
 If a person applied for and was accepted to VOT from HRA to FSA would the switch happen right after the offer was signed or would they wait until summer?  My CoC told me it wouldn't happen until summer and that's certainly what they want but if I was allowed to stay the same area, I would prefer it happened immediately.  if not I would rather wait until summer because of my son's school.

Online garb811

• MP/MPO Question Answerer
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1077 on: September 30, 2018, 09:46:20 »
If a person applied for and was accepted to VOT from HRA to FSA would the switch happen right after the offer was signed or would they wait until summer?  My CoC told me it wouldn't happen until summer and that's certainly what they want but if I was allowed to stay the same area, I would prefer it happened immediately.  if not I would rather wait until summer because of my son's school.
I don't remember if it is in the offer message or a follow-on once you have accepted, but there will be a hard date set by Ottawa.  That will also include the BTL you are being posted to on that date, most likely the BTL in the geographic location you are at now.

Offline Bird_Gunner45

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1078 on: September 30, 2018, 10:10:08 »

The date the offer becomes effective should be on your OT message. In the case of HRA to FSA, the dates could be moved up if you were in the old RMS trade and have the equivalencies to be employed as a FSA without more training required in Borden.

You can also request to move your effective date if its in the summer and you want to meet training course timings or be employed in the new trade. A knew of a case where a person OT'd to Log O received OT approval in May but with an effective date of 15 Jul. As the Log O courses started in June of that year not changing the date would have meant the individual sat in a PAT platoon for an entire calendar year.

Your CoC can also only minute your request to the career manager, not dictate the terms of your OT. Ultimately it is between you and the career manager with CoC input.

Offline jlv031

• Rate Post
« Reply #1079 on: October 07, 2018, 11:18:40 »
Good day,

I won`t write my whole story but to make it quick I VOT`d to my current trade in July 2014 and got to OFP in August 2016. I signed to stay in the trade for 3 years after OFP and that brings me to August 2019. I would like to know if I can apply for VOT again this year considering I will get the 3 years point close to the usual transfer date of mid July. Can the transfer date be moved to allow me to apply?

Offline jlv031

• Rate Post
« Reply #1080 on: October 29, 2018, 09:23:05 »
I decided to wait for next year, on that note, anyone knows if there are courses on DND learn I could take to improve my basic knowledge of the AVN and AVS trades. Im interested in learning and improving my file for OT aswell.

Offline 211RadOp

• Rate Post
  • Now is the tyme....damn missed again....Now is the
« Reply #1081 on: October 30, 2018, 09:32:15 »
If you have not done POET yet, brush up on math and electronics (AC/DC).  These are the three POs that most fail.
“Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." Jim Carrey
"Do unto others, then run." Benny Hill
"There's no better feeling in the world than a warm pizza box on your lap." Kevin James

Offline jlv031

• Rate Post
« Reply #1082 on: October 30, 2018, 09:34:08 »
If you have not done POET yet, brush up on math and electronics (AC/DC).  These are the three POs that most fail.
Thanks. I don't have Poet but I did a part of it on my Eo tech course. I still have the pips and study package. I will definitly look into those.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Offline Marie92

• Rate Post
  • You only live once, so you better enjoy it!
« Reply #1083 on: March 13, 2019, 10:24:50 »
Hi everybody, little bit about me:

I'm DP1 qualified (non combat trade)

I have little bit over 2 years in

I want to change trade for image tech

I have an appointment with the bpso next month but before then, I have few questions.. I read a lot of documents, but different people are telling me different things.

Do I really need 48 months in to change trades? I don't like the trade I'm in right now and I would rather switch trades than staying in this one for at least 2years. I'm a little bit discouraged.

Do you have some experiences/infos to share ?

Thank you!
CFRC: Quebec
Regular/Reserve: Reg.
Officer/NCM: NCM
1st choice: WFE tech.
2nd choice:
Application date: May 2016
CFAT: June 28th 2016 (Success)
Background check : July 2016 (Success)
Interview: August 10th 2016 (Success)
Medical: August 10th 2016
Medical update : September 8th 2016
Medically fit: October 2016
Merit listed: November 2016
Position offered: November 21st
Swearing in: January 17th in Quebec
BMQ: January 23rd

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #1084 on: March 13, 2019, 10:44:42 »
Download the Canadian Forces app and read the CANFORGEN: 2019/2020 VOLUNTARY OCCUPATION TRANSFER (VOT) PROGRAM FOR NCM COMPETITION

That will gve you all the requirements and timelines to submit your VOT.

However, the requirement for the majority of VOTs is to be OFP in current trade.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell

Offline Eye In The Sky

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • VP INTERNATIONAL
« Reply #1085 on: March 13, 2019, 14:29:16 »
I'll wager a guess that CFAO 11-12 is still Ref A on the VOTP message (there isn't a 5002 Series DAOD for VOT NCM Reg Force out yet);  if that's the case, then yes the 48 months of service will likely still be in effect, 36 months for LOTP (applies to Combat Arms MOSIDs).
Everything happens for a reason.

Sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions.

Offline standingdown

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #1086 on: March 13, 2019, 15:10:31 »
Haven't we been waiting years for an NCM VOT DAOD to come out? I feel like I heard it was coming 5 years ago...

From my experience, you require 48 mos of continuous full time service as EITS said. The exception being for LOTP as previously stated. The only other exception IIRC was the SVOTP about 10 years ago or so, when they wanted to offload some numbers from Infantry to other trades. 

Offline sidemount

• Rate Post
« Reply #1087 on: March 13, 2019, 16:19:33 »
It does appear that is still the case. OFP and 48 months continuous service.
The exception appears to be for those wanting to go SF Op and CBRN Op, they are reduced to 24 months.

Still no sign of DAOD.
Leadership is solving problems. The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you have stopped leading them. They have either lost confidence that you can help or concluded you do not care. Either case is a failure of leadership. - Colin Powell