Author Topic: The US Presidency 2018  (Read 91921 times)

Offline QV

• Rate Post
Re: The US Presidency 2018
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 17:04:32 »

Here is the book I was thinking about:  https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Deep-State-Fight-President/dp/1630061026

Amazing to see progress for the Koreas, released hostages, and Iran being put back in a box. 

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 17:15:54 »
Here is the book I was thinking about:  https://www.amazon.com/Killing-Deep-State-Fight-President/dp/1630061026

References about the author,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerome_Corsi#References

"In 2017, he became the Washington, D.C. bureau chief for the conspiracy theory website InfoWars."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 17:23:18 by mariomike »

Offline Brad Sallows

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 17:57:50 »
Getting a little tired of ad hominem follow-ups.  I'll grant that many on-line authors are cranks; but consider either tackling the message - shouldn't be difficult if the author really is a crank without much of a clue - or conserving bandwidth.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

"It is a damned heavy blow; but whining don't help."

Despair is a sin.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 18:12:39 »
I'll grant that many on-line authors are cranks;

Your word. Not mine.

I just wanted to see his references and reviews, before deciding to buy his book.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 18:21:42 by mariomike »

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6495.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 20:33:21 »
Getting a little tired of ad hominem follow-ups.  I'll grant that many on-line authors are cranks; but consider either tackling the message - shouldn't be difficult if the author really is a crank without much of a clue - or conserving bandwidth.

And pretty well all anti Republican, Trump or Ford. Try be an equal opportunity Ligilo Majstro. Maybe you can dig up some stuff about the other side for a better perspective? Just a thought.

Honestly Mario, I've quit following your political links, as I find the messages pretty well the same. Maybe try give a reason you agree or disagree with the link, or add some context to it. Then a proper discussion can take place. Right now it just looks that your posting things so the article can say your ad hominems and derision without you falling afoul of the rules. Not accusing you of that, just saying that's what it looks like, to me anyway.
Maybe I'm out to lunch, you certainly don't have to listen to me.

How's that work for you?
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2018, 00:47:05 »
Non-stop entertainment...

DiGenova: Lawyers daring Mueller to prove his Russia case https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4A1VhwmERo

Offline QV

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2018, 08:20:32 »
DiGenova nails it.  It will be interesting to watch all this play out.

Honestly though, you can not like Trump but still like what he’s doing.  It seems to me many of his policies are on point so far.

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 08:33:18 »
McCain brought the made up dossier to the FBI and has no regrets.He came out against the CIA nominee because of so called torture which has been outlawed by Congress.A retired LTG said that MCain should know that its effective because it worked so well on him when was a POW he had a nickname "songbird john".Funny now but not at the time I bet.

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 08:45:47 »
A retired LTG said that MCain should know that its effective because it worked so well on him when was a POW he had a nickname "songbird john".Funny now but not at the time I bet.

Does not seem "funny now" from reports I have read,
https://www.google.com/search?ei=mo71WpW9HoTt5gLWirDACQ&q=%22songbird+john%22+mccain+McInerney+&oq=%22songbird+john%22+mccain+McInerney+&gs_l=psy-ab.12...418022.420283.0.422040.2.2.0.0.0.0.152.275.0j2.2.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.AJ0hqar2KKI

Offline TheHead

• Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 10:02:27 »
McCain brought the made up dossier to the FBI and has no regrets.He came out against the CIA nominee because of so called torture which has been outlawed by Congress.A retired LTG said that MCain should know that its effective because it worked so well on him when was a POW he had a nickname "songbird john".Funny now but not at the time I bet.

There is absolutely no proof that John McCain "sang" to the Vietnamese other than the lies he told them.  Fox News even apologized for that segment.  A rare move by Trump's mouthpiece.  The attacks on this man, his military service  and mocking of his health condition are proof that Republicans hold no moral authority on respect for veterans. 

Banned from US Politics Threads :  Passed Q4 2018
Banned from Canadian Politics Threads : Passed Q4 2018
Banned from Political Cartoons Thread : Pending

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 10:14:36 »
There is absolutely no proof that John McCain "sang" to the Vietnamese other than the lies he told them.  Fox News even apologized for that segment.  A rare move by Trump's mouthpiece.  The attacks on this man, his military service  and mocking of his health condition are proof that Republicans hold no moral authority on respect for veterans.

There is evidence that he did.Under torture I don't know how you can avoid giving up something.While John Mccain served the country heroically as a POW,I think his anti Trump comments may hurt his legacy.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john-mccain-pow/story?id=32574863

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2018, 10:23:28 »
There is evidence that he did.Under torture I don't know how you can avoid giving up something.While John Mccain served the country heroically as a POW,I think his anti Trump comments may hurt his legacy.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john-mccain-pow/story?id=32574863

That link doesn't seem to show any evidence of him "singing".  Looks more like he signed whatever confession they wanted him to.

I don't know if his anti Trump comments hurt his legacy so much as Trump supporters are trying to destroy his legacy to discredit him.
Optio

Offline TheHead

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2018, 10:30:57 »
Your link proves my point not yours.  That McCain is a war-hero and Trump has no respect for Veterans or POWs.    McCain criticizing Trump cements his legacy. He's shown that after all the awful things Trump has said about him he won't bend the knee unlike the other wimps in the Republican party like Ted Cruze and Mitt Romney.  I could only imagine if a democrat said those things about a man with storied military career that McCain has.  The tears would be glorious.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 10:41:06 by TheHead »

Offline kkwd

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2018, 10:50:56 »

Tens of millions of Republicans exist. I'll need you to provide at least 10 more examples of such statements and then maybe we can accept your statement. After all, some Republicans are good people.
I like beer.

Offline Brad Sallows

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2018, 10:59:02 »
The statement "Republicans hold no moral authority" might be understood to simply mean they are not "the authority".  Maybe no-one holds any "moral authority" on the matter.

There is plenty of stuff that can be thrown back into McCain's face without unfairly dragging his war record into it.
That which does not kill me has made a grave tactical error.

"It is a damned heavy blow; but whining don't help."

Despair is a sin.

Offline TheHead

• Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2018, 11:02:46 »
Tens of millions of Republicans exist. I'll need you to provide at least 10 more examples of such statements and then maybe we can accept your statement. After all, some Republicans are good people.

Most republicans are good people.  We're always hearing how those damn liebral, snowflakes hate the military and veterans and that republicans have some type of moral high-ground when it comes to respecting Veterans.   That's not the case.  Tens of millions voted for a man who openly insulted a war-hero while dodging the draft because of bone spurs.  Republicans don't have the high-ground anymore.  What's more concerning is there was not an inkling of outrage when he made those comments.  None,  even from fellow right-wing Veterans.   

I could just go on the swamp the is The_Donald on reddit and drudge up dozens and dozens of comments celebrating John McCain's cancer but I won't because most of them are probably from Russian bots ;)

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2018, 11:38:15 »
Quote from: TheHead

I could just go on the swamp the is The_Donald on reddit and drudge up dozens and dozens of comments celebrating John McCain's cancer but I won't because most of them are probably from Russian bots ;)

And the **ck you nah **ck you nah **ck you makes its anticipated return   ;)
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline TheHead

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2018, 11:45:38 »
And the **ck you nah **ck you nah **ck you makes its anticipated return   ;)

There was none of that.  At all as per the new guidelines of this site.    Just stop.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2018, 11:56:57 »
It honestly looks the same to me.
Replublicn voter base sucks.
Democrat voter base are dummies.
So and so made cancer jokes.

Is going on reddit and cutting and pasting comments here really an option? If not why bring it up? Seems just as ad homien to me.

Offline TheHead

• Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2018, 12:03:38 »
No one is saying any of those things.   Are you even following along or just cherry picking and trolling?  I was obviously being sarcastic in regards to the reddit comment.  Next time I'll add more winking emojis and a few /s to clarify.

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2018, 12:19:28 »
Perfect. Thank you.

;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:27:10 by Jarnhamar »

Offline QV

• Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2018, 13:30:59 »
Does anyone have any opposing or supporting views on Trump's Iran move?  That might be an interesting discussion...  (you can still hate the guy even if you agree with the decision on Iran...I won't judge!)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2018, 13:35:29 »
Iran is already in violation of said agreement.I think its hard to monitor and with EU nations involved its like their so called climate agreement both are a shame.

Offline Fishbone Jones

MSC -6495.

• "Some people will only like you if you fit inside their box. Don't be afraid to shove that box up their ass."
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
    • Army.ca
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2018, 13:50:15 »
Iran is already in violation of said agreement.I think its hard to monitor and with EU nations involved its like their so called climate agreement both are a shame.

Shame?
Sham?
Or both?
Corruption in politics doesn't scare me.
What scares me is how comfortable people are doing nothing about it.

Offline Remius

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2018, 13:53:45 »
Does anyone have any opposing or supporting views on Trump's Iran move?  That might be an interesting discussion...  (you can still hate the guy even if you agree with the decision on Iran...I won't judge!)

That's my take on the Korea situation.  I happen to agree with Trump despite my dislike for him.

My dislike for him as a human is separate from my dislike or like of policy.

I think Iran needs a different approach.  I think he is really relying on the Israelis' info on the situation.  There's been a bit of a shadow war there that should be no surprise to anyone.  The middle east is a different kettle of fish than NK but the status quo doesn't seem to be working so wait and see?

I'm not against his move per se but I'll admit not having enough info to say. 
Optio