Author Topic: Self Sex while living in shacks?  (Read 4321 times)

Offline Banksmj01

• Rate Post
Self Sex while living in shacks?
« on: May 08, 2017, 13:12:08 »
Im not sure where to put this but feel free to move it if nessessary.

I of course didn't want to bring this question to my chain of command as it is a tad awkwerd.

So I have 3 questions, which come up from 2 funny situations which occurred.

Currently im living on shacks on base,  none of us are course or anything and they are wet shacks so alcohol is permitted. I am roomed with 1 other person.  This person I happened to accidentally catch masterbating which was super awkward and but I mean its what ever everyone knows that people do it so my questions are...

Can someone be charged if caught masterbating when they live in the shacks?

He also had a pocket *****,  should it be found during an inspection could either of us be charged for anything?

Can someone be charged for having a sex with someone else while in the shacks?

All in all akwerd but no harm caused I just laugh at him all the tine for getting caught. But it made me curious of those questions.

Also keeping in mind that we are forced to live in shacks because where don't have a vehicle.

I read the SOPs for our shacks and didn't find anything regarding sexual activity that I recall.

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
Re: Self Sex while living in shacks?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2017, 13:36:36 »
I couldn't help it.....

you have to deflate the doll, not stand it in the corner....they want to charge rent otherwise.... ;D
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 14:01:27 »

No.  Perhaps yes if they are caught masturbating in the shacks while being inspected.

He also had a pocket *****,  should it be found during an inspection could either of us be charged for anything?

No.  Vibrators etc are also not illegal.  Common sense says, "don't leave these laying around on the bed-side table" ... "in" the beside table is fine.

Depends.  Obviously during operations etc, subordinate/supervisor etc. Student/staff etc.  If routine orders or admin orders for shacks say something like "guests out by 2330hrs etc" and you get nailed at 2301 (I suppose if it's your roomie that particular rule is out the window and you're good to go though). If it's non-consensual.  If it ain't legal anywhere.

All in all akwerd but no harm caused I just laugh at him all the tine for getting caught. But it made me curious of those questions.

Stop harassing the poor kid before you give him a complex.

Also keeping in mind that we are forced to live in shacks because where don't have a vehicle.

I live in the shacks too. Ahem.

I read the SOPs for our shacks and didn't find anything regarding sexual activity that I recall.

I'm sure it's out there somewhere.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 14:09:14 »
Be a good roommate...

Go out to the gym for an hour in the evening.

Announce this to your roommate.

Make it clear that you'll be gone for an hour.

Don't come back in less than an hour.
Remember troops, the minimum acceptable standard is still an acceptable standard.

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2017, 14:28:03 »
Yeah, yeah, it's your "room-mate" who is obsessed with masturbating.  Is his name "Jack"?

While there is nothing wrong, per se, with masturbating (otherwise God would have given us shorter arms), there is a time and place for everything.  A shared barrack room is not one - unless you are assured of privacy.  If you he can't keep his hands off his morning stiffy, he should have at least the common courtesy to take the activity to the privacy of the head.  As awkward as it may be, there is nothing wrong with telling him directly that you don't want to be bothered by viewing his public self-gratification or be disturbed by the sounds, smells and implementia of his hobby.

As to whether his behaviour edges into the criteria of a crime (i.e. indecent act) or something contrary to other regulations (sexual harassment?) or even a medical disorder (there's probably something in the DSM V under hypersexuality) that requires a much more informed study of the actual conduct.  But his privacy rights end when it interferes with yours.
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 14:50:46 »
Yeah, yeah, it's your "room-mate" who is obsessed with masturbating.  Is his name "Jack"?

While there is nothing wrong, per se, with masturbating (otherwise God would have given us shorter arms), there is a time and place for everything.  A shared barrack room is not one - unless you are assured of privacy.  If you he can't keep his hands off his morning stiffy, he should have at least the common courtesy to take the activity to the privacy of the head.  As awkward as it may be, there is nothing wrong with telling him directly that you don't want to be bothered by viewing his public self-gratification or be disturbed by the sounds, smells and implementia of his hobby.

As to whether his behaviour edges into the criteria of a crime (i.e. indecent act) or something contrary to other regulations (sexual harassment?) or even a medical disorder (there's probably something in the DSM V under hypersexuality) that requires a much more informed study of the actual conduct.  But his privacy rights end when it interferes with yours.

Ergo the suggestion that they work in co-operation on this matter.  Nothing wrong with "Hey, I'm taking off for an hour - have at 'er" and vice versa.

Having a room-mate does not confer privilege of pushing abstinence upon someone else.  10 month tours etc and no-one is going to play in their room when their roomie is out and they believe they have some down and safe time?  Not in this world.

His roomie had some common courtesy - his roomie was out.  Life happens and it should not result in calls for (sexual harassment?) or medical disorders etc.

Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Banksmj01

• Rate Post
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 15:10:03 »
All good points haha thanks for the information,  and yeah no harm done they didn't think I was going to be around haha I was leaving for an hour and had forgot something so I ended up back 10 minutes later.

Offline Not a Sig Op

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 16:44:13 »
I was leaving for an hour and had forgot something so I ended up back 10 minutes later.

That sounds like a you problem.
Remember troops, the minimum acceptable standard is still an acceptable standard.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 17:58:49 »
This is probably thread of the year.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 18:47:17 »
Just ask him to not borrow any of your socks without prior permission too.
I'm just like the CAF, I seem to have retention issues.

Offline Dimsum

West coast best coast.

• Mentor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • I get paid to travel. I just don't pick where.
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 20:19:01 »

Do they have to be brought back to Supply on a 1-for-1 exchange too, like long-sleeved undies?   :-X
Philip II of Macedon to Spartans (346 BC):  "You are advised to submit without further delay, for if I bring my army into your land, I will destroy your farms, slay your people, and raze your city."

Reply:  "If."

Offline cavalryman

Done with the demented bureaucracy.

• You can't put a pricetag on patriotism
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 20:26:11 »
This is probably thread of the year.
At least the OP isn't being a jerk about it. >:D

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 20:34:35 »
Do they have to be brought back to Supply on a 1-for-1 exchange too, like long-sleeved undies?   :-X

Well, it could be a sticky situation.

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 20:40:27 »
At least the OP isn't being a jerk about it. >:D

This thread might be starting to rub him the wrong way.

Offline K-Nato87

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 20:48:01 »
This thread might be starting to rub him the wrong way.

I think this thread will come in Handy!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 20:52:36 by K-Nato87 »
Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Application Date: June 2016
First Contact: June 2016
TSD: July 6 2016
Medical: March 21 2017
Interview: March 21 2017
Competition List: April 2017
Position Offered: April 6 2017
Enrollment/Swear in: July 19 2017
BMQ: July 31 2017

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Dammit! I lost my sand-wedge on that last jump!
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 21:21:42 »

Somewhere out there is a parallel universe to ours where mentioning, or hinting at "Mr. Happy-Sock" invokes Godwin's Law.  ;D

Offline Blackadder1916

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 22:06:37 »
Somewhere out there is a parallel universe to ours where mentioning, or hinting at "Mr. Happy-Sock" invokes Godwin's Law.  ;D

That's surreal!

https://www.wikiart.org/en/salvador-dali/hitler-masturbating
Whisky for the gentlemen that like it. And for the gentlemen that don't like it - Whisky.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 22:15:15 »

It does, in the mind of a female CBSA agent who discovered one in 12 mess on HMCS Athabaskan in 2011.  Much to the delight and hilarity at her reaction upon learning of what  a HAPPY-SOCK was for those crewmembers present.  A screech of horror and disgust before flying up the ladder, never to return.  Like sunlight to a different kind of bloodsucking creature.

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2017, 22:38:45 »
That's surreal!

https://www.wikiart.org/en/salvador-dali/hitler-masturbating

Blackadder, I think you win the "finding the Internet's most bizarre content" for today. :nod:

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 03:28:14 »
Im not sure where to put this but feel free to move it if nessessary.

I of course didn't want to bring this question to my chain of command as it is a tad awkwerd.

So I have 3 questions, which come up from 2 funny situations which occurred.

Currently im living on shacks on base,  none of us are course or anything and they are wet shacks so alcohol is permitted. I am roomed with 1 other person.  This person I happened to accidentally catch masterbating which was super awkward and but I mean its what ever everyone knows that people do it so my questions are...

You're not a jerk for wanting your roommate to get a grip on this. It's a bit of a dick move on his part to show such a lack of discretion, but good on you for taking the manner in hand and making sure you have a grasp of the pertinent facts before addressing the issue with him. The circumstances are obviously awkward, but it came up; don't whitewash the matter, and don't beat it to death either. Others have offered sound advice on how to handle this yourself in a way that shouldn't leave either of you feeling too raw.

Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 07:13:15 »
You're not a jerk for wanting your roommate to get a grip on this. It's a bit of a dick move on his part to show such a lack of discretion, but good on you for taking the manner in hand and making sure you have a grasp of the pertinent facts before addressing the issue with him. The circumstances are obviously awkward, but it came up; don't whitewash the matter, and don't beat it to death either. Others have offered sound advice on how to handle this yourself in a way that shouldn't leave either of you feeling too raw.

:rofl:
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 08:15:54 »
I guess leaving a sock or tie on the door is a thing of the past?

How many rewrites did that take you Bri?

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.

Offline Humphrey Bogart

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2017, 08:32:33 »

Offline NavyShooter

Boaty McBoatface!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Death from a Bar.....one shot, one Tequilla
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2017, 12:26:01 »

Well.   Done.   

That there is pure gold...ladies and gentlemen, Bri wins the internet today.
Insert disclaimer statement here....

:panzer:

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2017, 12:29:20 »

But it might leave them feeling pulled in several directions at once.

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 13:11:54 »
I don't understand the problem.... unless the roomie was using your  hand.   :dunno:

...without consent.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 13:29:19 »
 :rofl:

Offline Good2Golf

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 16:29:04 »
When it comes to thread length, I bet we can beat the record!

Offline PuckChaser

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • Peacekeeper's Homepage
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 16:59:18 »

Offline GK .Dundas

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 17:17:06 »

I would like it noted that I did not start  the bad jokes on this thread and I have refrained form adding to them ...Nobody will probably believe me  but I do have some self restraint .
"Norman. You know my policy on arming morons.If you arm one you have arm them all. Otherwise it 's just not sporting!"

Offline BurnDoctor

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 19:07:55 »
I would definitely think that if the situation involved any...um...ingredients?...purchased with public funds (like, say, CLP, for example), then there could be a role for MPs. Just sayin'.

Offline BurnDoctor

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 19:09:12 »
Oh...an afterthought...is this split from the "Woodworking" Thread, or has that always been entirely separate?  ;D

Offline Brihard

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Non-Electric Pop-Up Target
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:31 »
I would definitely think that if the situation involved any...um...ingredients?...purchased with public funds (like, say, CLP, for example), then there could be a role for MPs. Just sayin'.

Things not to lubricate with CLP, by the appropriately named 'BurnDoctor". :D
Pacificsm is doctrine fostered by a delusional minority and by the media, which holds forth the proposition it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 07:43:28 »
Seeing as your roomie and you are in shacks, are you students by chance?  Better let him know about this...

Extreme sexual exhaustion...

A High School English Teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. She tells the class that there would be no excuse for not showing up, except for a serious injury or illness, or a death in the student's immediate family.

One smart-*** jock in the back of the room asks, "What about extreme sexual exhaustion?" The entire class does its best to stifle their laughter and snickering.

When silence is restored the teacher smiles sympathetically at the student, shakes her head, and sweetly says; "

Not an excuse. You can use your other hand to write with."

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 09:14:53 »
... I have refrained ... Nobody will probably believe me  but I do have some self restraint .

Sounds curiously like a Seinfeld episode, "The Abstinence".

:nod:
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

Offline medicineman

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2017, 11:03:11 »
Sounds curiously like a Seinfeld episode, "The Abstinence".

Yes, the "master of my domain" episode - that was the first Seinfeld episode I saw.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

Offline AbdullahD

• Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2017, 13:52:44 »
*backs out of the thread slowly*

😲
Recruting Center: Vancouver
Component: Reg Force
Trade Choice 1: MSEOP
Application Date: 09/22/2016
First Contact: 09/28/2016
Tests:
CFAT- 10/15/2016 Passed
Medical- TBA
Interview- TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Basic Training Begins: TBA
Trade *Correction trade is open, back to getting fit :)*

Offline medicineman

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2017, 15:37:11 »
*backs out of the thread slowly*

😲

Be careful about backing up - you can't always see who/what is behind you...unless you're up against the shower wall.

MM
MM

Offline GAP

• Semper Fi
  • Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 16:08:58 »
Be careful about backing up - you can't always see who/what is behind you...unless you're up against the shower wall.

MM

Surprised again ....were you?

Offline medicineman

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 16:36:39 »
Surprised again ....were you?

Spent some time with the Navy...head needs to be on a swivel.

MM
MM

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 17:40:21 »
When I remustered into the navy, I went for my first shower at Nelles block.  Laughed my head off at seeing liquid soap dispensers in each shower stall. (liquid soap, so they say, takes longer to pick up)   ;D

Offline medicineman

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 17:49:54 »
When I remustered into the navy, I went for my first shower at Nelles block.  Laughed my head off at seeing liquid soap dispensers in each shower stall. (liquid soap, so they say, takes longer to pick up)   ;D

I knew a guy that had an aunt that heard "all about sailors", so she sent him soap on a rope so he wouldn't lose it...so of course he decided to wander into the shower with it looped around his ankle.

MM
MM