Author Topic: FINALLY IN!  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Kv-super

• Rate Post
FINALLY IN!
« on: January 10, 2017, 23:23:18 »
Hey everyone!

I finally got accepted and start my BMQ in Georgetown for reserves on febuary 21 , I am really excited but I have a few questions if anyone can answer them.

The info for starting on he 21 was very vague; they had only told me about swearing in on the 14 as well as getting my kit and that I just start my training  on the 21. Will I get more information soon?  Or should I just go ahead and call?

Also can anyone share their experiences with me on how BMQ was in the reserves, I have been researching but couldnot find anything specific or up to date. My training schedule will be every day of the week until June so I was just wondering how that was going to be.

Thank you for your time, I can't wait to join my brother's and sisters in arms.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: FINALLY IN!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 07:41:28 »
they had only told me about swearing in on the 14 as well as getting my kit and that I just start my training  on the 21. Will I get more information soon?  Or should I just go ahead and call?

I suspect that in addition to swearing you in, your unit will be providing you with more information on the 14th.

Maybe, if you write down your questions, you can ask at your unit when they swear you in on the 14th?

Also can anyone share their experiences with me on how BMQ was in the reserves,

BMQ PRes
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+BMQ+PRes&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=RCd2WLCsHIGN8QfV5ZOICw&gws_rd=ssl

BMQ Reserves
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+BMQ+PRes&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=RCd2WLCsHIGN8QfV5ZOICw&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:milnet.ca+BMQ+Reserves
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 19:36:34 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline Teager

• Rate Post
    • Canada For Victory
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 11:49:42 »

Also can anyone share their experiences with me on how BMQ was in the reserves, I have been researching but couldnot find anything specific or up to date. My training schedule will be every day of the week until June so I was just wondering how that was going to be.

Might be a typo on your part but your BMQ training should only be weekends not every day of the week until June. Otherwise you would have the longest BMQ in Reserve history.

Offline Kv-super

• Rate Post
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 07:26:14 »
Might be a typo on your part but your BMQ training should only be weekends not every day of the week until June. Otherwise you would have the longest BMQ in Reserve history.

It's not a typo that's what they told me, it's 5 days a week until may or June, then I go for my trade training over summer.

Offline Kv-super

• Rate Post
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:30:08 »
I suspect that in addition to swearing you in, your unit will be providing you with more information on the 14th.

Maybe, if you write down your questions, you can ask at your unit when they swear you in on the 14th?

That's the problem I have no idea where I'm even being sworn In, I tried calling yesterday but no recruiter picked up the phone, I called my home recruiter and I got the message "this mailbox is not monitored". I'm really confused and fusturated because I've literally went through 5 recruiters because of errors they made, any suggestions? If you want to see the email I received then pm me if you'd like. Thank you.

BMQ PRes
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+BMQ+PRes&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=RCd2WLCsHIGN8QfV5ZOICw&gws_rd=ssl

BMQ Reserves
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Amilnet.ca+BMQ+PRes&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=RCd2WLCsHIGN8QfV5ZOICw&gws_rd=ssl#q=site:milnet.ca+BMQ+Reserves

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 09:08:03 »
Weighing in :-)

It's not a typo that's what they told me, it's 5 days a week until may or June, then I go for my trade training over summer.

Many Brigades/Units have brought back the co-op program, so 5 days a week until the end of the school semester is a possibility.

"I have no idea where I'm even being sworn In"

Don't they usually do that at the armoury?

Not always, sometimes it's done at the Brigade if the Brigade has done a big push.  It can also be done at Regimental level if units have Squadrons / Detachments.

All in all Kv-super, get in touch with your unit recruiter to find out where you need to be on the 14th. 
If you don't know who that is send me a PM with the name of your unit and I can send you the contact information for your unit.

Also your BMQ is going to be different than many others.  The Army Reserves has many different types of BMQ's (full time, part-time weekends, co-op) - you're doing a co-op BMQ from the sounds of it so if you're going to ask how others found it make sure you're talking to someone who's done the same style of BMQ as you're going to be doing.

Cheers :-)

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 09:21:41 »
you're doing a co-op BMQ from the sounds of it so if you're going to ask how others found it make sure you're talking to someone who's done the same style of BMQ as you're going to be doing.

More on Co-Op,

All About Co-op (merged)
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,1238.0/nowap.html
13 pages.

See also,

OP: Kv-super
Need some advice 
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php/topic,122154.msg1419305.html#msg1419305
Locked.

I applied for reg force infantry in June 2015, I passed the CFAT but I wasnt competitive enough for it so I was denied, however I was given the opportunity of joining reserves infantry, but declined that also because of school and not having a car, now I'm finished school and finally 18 I would like to give this another go so I called my local reserves unit and set up an interview for next Tuesday, and I'm really excited.

A close family friend of mine is in the military and has been for the past 30 years and he started off as a reservist when he was 18, he recommended that I'd do reserves and then if I like it then transfer to full time, which seems pretty reasonable so I can "test drive" the army and everything.

I discovered this site today and have been reading on CT (I think) transfers from res to reg taking years!

I'm very scared of that because I do want to get my life started ASAP.

I lI've in a rural community with not many jobs and the jobs that are there are high skilled jobs like welding and automotive stuff, and a few fast food places that are taken over by the high schoolers who know someone inside there so getting a job at McDonald's is next to impossible, (I've tried many times, I have even tested a time saying I was 30 with a master degree in psychology and still declined) anyways the point is I have to leave my house and start my life ASAP so will I be wasting my time with the reserves waiting for my transfer or should I just wait it out and see?

Also many of you will be yelling at me saying there is alot of posts explainin this but I have tried looking for recent but most of these posts were made back when I was in kindergarten so I just want a current insight on everything, also right now currently I have noticed that the CF is hiring in almost every trade so should I just join full time and not waste my time with reserves?

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:47:37 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww