Author Topic: Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017  (Read 205566 times)

Offline Scrumdoctor

• Rate Post
Re: Retro Pay & Allow 1Apr 2014 - 1Apr 2017
« Reply #475 on: August 31, 2017, 10:31:25 »
I have a question regarding posting allowance.  I was promoted before my cos date just last month.  when I registered with Brookfield I was corporal, now Brookfield is telling me that I will only receive posting allowance as a corporal because of the retro pay.  What should I do?  I went to the orderly room and had my new print screen and verification of posting allowance and dependants form stamped and approved.  Brookfield will not honor it.

"As we discussed during our meeting yesterday, due to the retroactive pay increase BGRS does not have the authority to update a transfer/posting allowance once we are past your COS date, without authorization from DND. DND will introduce a program to update the Posting Allowances on all relocation files that are affected by the retro-pay and notify the general CAF population with information and instructions."

Offline Lumber

• Donor
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #476 on: August 31, 2017, 10:44:32 »
I have a question regarding posting allowance.  I was promoted before my cos date just last month.  when I registered with Brookfield I was corporal, now Brookfield is telling me that I will only receive posting allowance as a corporal because of the retro pay.  What should I do?  I went to the orderly room and had my new print screen and verification of posting allowance and dependants form stamped and approved.  Brookfield will not honor it.

"As we discussed during our meeting yesterday, due to the retroactive pay increase BGRS does not have the authority to update a transfer/posting allowance once we are past your COS date, without authorization from DND. DND will introduce a program to update the Posting Allowances on all relocation files that are affected by the retro-pay and notify the general CAF population with information and instructions."

Seems pretty clear to me... Wait for the instructions...
"Aboard his ship, there is nothing outside a captain's control." - Captain Sir Edward Pellew

“Extremes to the right and to the left of any political dispute are always wrong.”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Death before dishonour! Nothing before coffee!

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #477 on: August 31, 2017, 12:08:58 »
I never thought about that.  Should make for a nice surprise bottle of Scotch down the road.   ;D
I'm just like the CAF, I seem to have retention issues.

Offline Scrumdoctor

• Rate Post
« Reply #478 on: August 31, 2017, 12:11:04 »
I understand that there could be direction coming out in regards to retro pay etc.  I am curious if anyone else has encountered this problem?  Is this just a ploy by Brookfield to save money.

This is the second time this posting that Brookfield fed me the "We need authority from DND" crap.  My F&E were to be moved from my house, at a remote detachment.  According to my previous Brookfield advisor, my career manager did not have the authority to authorize the movement of my F&E from the place I was posted to.  I had to staff the issue up my COC 3 times then she was fired.

So, Im just wondering if anyone else has encountered this yet.

Offline dapaterson

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #479 on: August 31, 2017, 12:43:13 »
Brookfield gets paid a set fee to deliver services for each relocation file that gets opened.  The payments you get do not come out of their pockets; those are 100% paid by the Crown.
This posting made in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, section 2(b):
Everyone has the following fundamental freedoms: freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/charter/1.html

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #480 on: September 05, 2017, 09:41:01 »
Brookfield gets paid a set fee to deliver services for each relocation file that gets opened.  The payments you get do not come out of their pockets; those are 100% paid by the Crown.

To add to this.  Brookfield has absolutely no incentive to "save money" as it does not affect their revenue one iota.  They get paid the same regardless of how much money Crown spends on moves.  However, Brookfield is accountable for mistakes and does have to re-pay the Crown for any overpayments they make if they are found at fault.  They have been burned more than once.  In the current climate, they follow the contract to the letter and they neither have nor do they exercise any discretion.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline CountDC

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #481 on: September 13, 2017, 12:35:44 »
I had two moves that the claims were corrected within a year after going through an audit and received additional payment for items the initial agent rejected.  I don't have an issue with them adhering strictly to the rules as anything you do not agree with you can ask to have reviewed.  I haven't even had to ask for the review though.  Will wait on this one to see what comes out of it as I had another move within this period.
"When the power of love, overcomes the love of power....the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix [1942-1970]

Offline Pusser

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #482 on: September 13, 2017, 16:34:10 »
I had two moves that the claims were corrected within a year after going through an audit and received additional payment for items the initial agent rejected.  I don't have an issue with them adhering strictly to the rules as anything you do not agree with you can ask to have reviewed.  I haven't even had to ask for the review though.  Will wait on this one to see what comes out of it as I had another move within this period.

Note that these reviews are not 100%.  Only about 10% of files each year are reviewed in this manner and it's a random sampling, so there is no guarantee that your file will be reviewed.  If they notice trends (e.g. one base seems to be routinely denying an eligible payment), then they will dig deeper.
Sure, apes read Nietzsche.  They just don't understand it.

Offline AbSIgs

• Rate Post
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 20:41:18 by mariomike »