Author Topic: Medical Standards  (Read 21597 times)

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
Re: Medical Standards
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 17:56:34 »
Hello,

What are the standards for blood pressure, heart rate, respiration rate etc. for the medical?

Thank you!

You must have all three.

Seriously though, as long as you're not tachycardic, and have a reasonable blood pressure - typically less than 135/85, you should be good to go. That being said, there's no absolute standard, so everything is evaluated in context.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline natalie722

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 18:39:08 »
Great, thank you so much!

Offline Seanadams

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 14:21:36 »
Honestly I wouldn't worry, chances are you'll have high bp just because your nervous about your bp. Theyll just keep taking readings until your in the normal range

Offline medicineman

• Well stuck into my new job and thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • In Arduis Fidelis
    • Fed By The Firehose
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2018, 08:16:27 »
Honestly I wouldn't worry, chances are you'll have high bp just because your nervous about your bp. Theyll just keep taking readings until your in the normal range

...or until there's brain matter leaking out of your ears.  They'll only take a few readings - if it's up, they'll likely refer you back to your doc for some proper serial follow ups to be sure.

MM
MM

Remember the basics of Medicine - "Pink is GOOD, Blue is BAD, Air goes in AND out, Blood Goes Round and Round"

I may sound like a pessimist, but I am a realist.