Author Topic: "All Sea King helicopters grounded after N.S. incident"  (Read 22610 times)

Offline Harris

is in to a warm place.

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
Re: "All Sea King helicopters grounded after N.S. incident"
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 15:38:24 »
I'm not a pilot, nor do I play one on TV, but it seems to me that when referring to helos, "It's in fine shape. It just looked like it may have had a little bit of fire damage", is a statement with mutually exclusive points.
Cheers

Todd
Army.ca

"...persons escaping a lethal dose of radiation may well be rendered seriously ill and or be more prone to various forms of cancer in later years. Hence, their morale and performance may be expected to slump."
Crap, I think I got a lethal dose!!!

Offline Baz

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 22:41:42 »
Wben the same article mentions what the problem was, a gear box anomaly which was actually a chip light, why would the press quote someone who doesn't have a clue saying it has fire damage.  Does anyone care that the crews have to explain to their families that we know what we are doing and the aircraft is safe.

We maintain the heliport at Hartlen's Point for a reason.  The decision was made to bring the aircraft back instead of doing an MRP.

I'm not saying that there aren't some serious issues we're dealing with, but just for once it would be nice to have some honest reporting, enough with the jokes, and people that don't know any better saying we are on our last legs.

Online kev994

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2014, 07:32:04 »
I was wondering if by "fire damage" they meant JP-8 exhaust soot...

Offline Baz

• Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2014, 08:42:11 »
I was wondering if by "fire damage" they meant JP-8 exhaust soot...

My guess is that is what it is... the area immediately aft of the exhausts, plus the hoist fairing, is normally pretty dirty if it has flown since the last wash.