Author Topic: General Questions regarding your application [MERGED]  (Read 439746 times)

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
Re: General Questions regarding your application [MERGED]
« Reply #850 on: August 24, 2017, 10:50:06 »
If you've received an email to book Interview and Medical, is this indicative you've passed the pre-assessment clearance? (I've already used the search function)

Not necessarily.  The preassessment could still be happening.  Best to contact your CFRC and ask them if you've pass the pre-assessment or if it's still being worked on.

Offline BeyondTheNow

I came. I saw. I made it awkward...

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #851 on: August 25, 2017, 17:46:29 »
...Best to contact your CFRC and ask them...

JMei001,

I'm sensing a theme here...
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline JMei001

• Rate Post
« Reply #852 on: August 27, 2017, 01:20:03 »
JMei001,

I'm sensing a theme here...
Haha ya, the theme that the 'questions about your application' thread is useless and every answer is contact your CFRC got the idea tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
  • Getting better, stronger, faster.
« Reply #853 on: August 27, 2017, 05:36:54 »
Haha ya, the theme that the 'questions about your application' thread is useless and every answer is contact your CFRC got the idea tho

Because you are asking questions that literally noone but your CFRC would know.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Offline Buck_HRA

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
    • CAF - Find a Recruiter
« Reply #854 on: August 29, 2017, 23:42:20 »

This thread is for generic questions.  You are asking a specific question about your file.  Unless I pull up your information in CFRIMS (which I can't do based on the information you've given), then no one but your CFRC can answer your question.  The pre-assessment is happening concurrently with your application, so there is no "set" time that it would be completed in the process.

Offline JMei001

• Rate Post
« Reply #855 on: August 29, 2017, 23:43:57 »
This thread is for generic questions.  You are asking a specific question about your file.  Unless I pull up your information in CFRIMS (which I can't do based on the information you've given), then no one but your CFRC can answer your question.  The pre-assessment is happening concurrently with your application, so there is no "set" time that it would be completed in the process.
It's passed now, but regardless I still really appreciate everyone's answers, medical is booked for 15th, interview the 13th force test the 13th, and they've called all my references! Woo

Offline DylanDaD3vil

• Rate Post
Couple questions about applying
« Reply #856 on: August 30, 2017, 01:24:49 »
I just wanted to know a couple things, basically I need to know how long the application takes in total, I'm starting grade 12 and would like to try to get in the forces like 3-4 months after high school ends. Also I wanted to know if you can do a pre medical exam type thing... lol idk. Basically I have a lazy eye and I just wanted to know if my vision will be good enough to join, I'd rather find out sooner at a recruiter than to get my hopes up for like 10 months until I'm ready to apply to get a no. And last question is how much experience do I need; I'm just thinking about joining infantry so as it stands I've had no jobs, I'm not taking grade 12 math. Thanks for the help.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
Re: Couple questions about applying
« Reply #857 on: August 30, 2017, 02:07:06 »
Welcome to Army.ca, DylanDaD3vil

You will never know if you meet the enrollment standards or not until you undergo the application process. Nobody here has conducted an examination on you, and nobody here is in a position to make a decision based upon its imaginary results.

You will never know how long it takes you to get in until you undergo the application process. Everybody is different. There is a thread here that gives many examples of people's timelines.

You did not specify whether you were interested in the Regular Force (full-time) or Reserve Force (part-time). That makes a big difference.

Take some time and explore this Site. Your questions have been asked and answered before, sometimes many times. There is no need to rehash them. The information is there, in existing threads, for your plucking. As you conduct your explorations, you will likely find answers to questions that have not even occurred to you yet.

Should you, after an honest and exhaustive effort, not find an answer to a question, please feel free to ask it. We are a helpful bunch, but we expect people to do their homework first.

Happy reading...

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
Re: Couple questions about applying
« Reply #858 on: August 30, 2017, 08:18:46 »
I need to know how long the application takes in total,

Application Process Samples 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=13064.0

TIMINGS - ESTIMATED TIMES FOR_______________ 
https://army.ca/forums/index.php?topic=81054.0

Application - How long does it take? (Merged)
https://army.ca/forums/index.php/topic,24849.0.html
4 pages.

etc...

As always,  Recruiting is your most trusted source of up to date information.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 08:27:47 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #859 on: August 30, 2017, 12:04:14 »
I was informed that my file is "awaiting final processing" from the det comm, does anyone have any knowledge on how long this process takes? I've done searches with a variety of different search strings (mariomike ;)) but only find people who have said that they were waiting for final processing.

Cheers.
The military isn't really like a James Bond movie where you go for jet training in the morning and then underwater demolitions after lunch.

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #860 on: August 30, 2017, 12:23:47 »
I was informed that my file is "awaiting final processing" from the det comm, does anyone have any knowledge on how long this process takes?

I will add this, because DAA is a Recruiter,
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=7446

It said my file is open and awaiting final processing.

It means exactly what they have told you, that your current application status is "Final Processing".  This would indicate that you have completed the entire application process (CFAT/TSD, Medical, Interview, Background Checks and anything else required) and your local Recruiting Detachment is now doing a final review of your application.  Once this process is completed and if everything checks out, the next status will be "Recommended for Merit Listing".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 12:27:30 by mariomike »

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #861 on: August 30, 2017, 12:28:47 »
I will add this, because DAA is a Recruiter,
http://milnet.ca/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=7446

Cheers, thanks mariomike.  :salute:

Online mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #862 on: August 30, 2017, 12:31:18 »
Cheers, thanks mariomike.  :salute:

You are welcome. Good luck.  :)

When our Recruiter Buck has time, I am sure he will give you the most accurate reply.

Offline TheMailSquirrel

• Rate Post
How do I apply to two different branches of military
« Reply #863 on: August 30, 2017, 12:32:45 »
Hello,

I looked through the site and could not find this topic. I am interested as applying as pilot, aerospace engineering officer and as engineering officer but because they are in two different branches of military I am not sure how to apply to them online. I am entering through the regular officer training program. I sent an email to my recruiter last Friday and he still hasn't gotten back to me so all help is appreciated.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
Re: How do I apply to two different branches of military
« Reply #864 on: August 30, 2017, 12:33:52 »
Hello,

I looked through the site and could not find this topic. I am interested as applying as pilot, aerospace engineering officer and as engineering officer but because they are in two different branches of military I am not sure how to apply to them online. I am entering through the regular officer training program. I sent an email to my recruiter last Friday and he still hasn't gotten back to me so all help is appreciated.

You just apply for all 3 on your application. Simple as that. There is no separate application for different branches.

Offline TheMailSquirrel

• Rate Post
Re: How do I apply to two different branches of military
« Reply #865 on: August 30, 2017, 13:23:53 »
You just apply for all 3 on your application. Simple as that. There is no separate application for different branches.
Before I apply for specific jobs it asks me to choose 1 of the 3 branches of military. Thank you for your response.

Offline EpicBeardedMan

• Rate Post
« Reply #866 on: August 30, 2017, 13:28:24 »
If there is a block on you from selecting multiple branches then you would simply select one or two of the trades you wanted. After your initial contact with your local CFRC you would tell the recruiter there to update your choices and add the remaining trade choices you want. During your entire process you are able to switch your trade choices however you want, granted you will have to interview for each trade choice you pick, but that is for you to decide.

Offline TheMailSquirrel

• Rate Post
« Reply #867 on: August 30, 2017, 16:53:47 »
If there is a block on you from selecting multiple branches then you would simply select one or two of the trades you wanted. After your initial contact with your local CFRC you would tell the recruiter there to update your choices and add the remaining trade choices you want. During your entire process you are able to switch your trade choices however you want, granted you will have to interview for each trade choice you pick, but that is for you to decide.
Thank you very much for clarifying.