Author Topic: General Questions regarding your application [MERGED]  (Read 439297 times)

Offline S8W7

• Rate Post
Re: General Questions regarding your application [MERGED]
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2012, 06:15:07 »
Is it reasonably safe to say that if a trade is listed as "in demand" on the forces.ca site, that they are currently processing applications for it? I just submitted an application for Marine Engineer (my other two choices were Hull Tech and E Tech) and I'm wondering if I should have looked into just how "in demand" the trade really is before I submitted my application.

Life will go on in the meantime, but it's nice to have an idea if I'll be processed smoothly or if my application will be floating around for years. From what I have been reading on these forums, and others, there seems to be a correlation between applicant suitability for the trade they applied for and whether or not that trade currently requires people, at least as far as application processing goes. At what stage in the application process to these hangups occur? Is it prior to CFAT or after?

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2012, 09:47:36 »
Your file will be processed for Mar Eng and E Tech for this year and for next.  H Tech is currently not available...
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2012, 11:45:43 »
I know I can wait and enjoy the process of applying. Just wish I did it last year lol  ;D Everything will happen when the planets line up and the stars align. Like everyone here, I really want this dream to come true.

Lostly

Offline S8W7

• Rate Post
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2012, 16:16:34 »
Your file will be processed for Mar Eng and E Tech for this year and for next.  H Tech is currently not available...

I went to my local CFRC and they said the same thing. It's definitely a good feeling! Hopefully I don't bomb my CFAT or interview and I can actually get a seat in BMQ next year. :)

Offline secondchance

• Rate Post
« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2012, 13:04:07 »
I find it extremely odd hearing about people not being able to do 4/2 pushups... but if people have a weight problem or another, then sorry to hear about it..
I hope I'd be okay for the fitness part, I can do 40+ pushups, 60+ situps, and around 15 chin-ups.
about sit-ups.
You will need to do it during 1 minute.
Therefore you can count sit-ups only during one minute.

Offline B.Dias

• Rate Post
  • Pessimist, but a realist.
« Reply #105 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:59 »
about sit-ups.
You will need to do it during 1 minute.
Therefore you can count sit-ups only during one minute.

Alright, thanks.
I thought itd be 2, but oh well.. I'd need to give it my all and hope for 50+.
Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: -
Tade Choice 3: -
Applied: October 2012
First contact: October 2012
CFAT: Wrote May 14, 2013, passed.
Medical: May 14, 2013.
Interview: May 14, 2013.
Position offered: July 19, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: August 9, 2013.
BMQ- August 19, 2013.

Offline Goodeman

• Rate Post
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2012, 08:51:56 »
I got an email yesterday stating that my file got transferred to my local RC (CFRC Edmonton) perhaps they got some new recruiting numbers for next year?
BMQ July 6 2013

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2012, 09:04:39 »
I got an email yesterday stating that my file got transferred to my local RC (CFRC Edmonton) perhaps they got some new recruiting numbers for next year?

When did you apply and for what trade?

Offline Goodeman

• Rate Post
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2012, 09:08:01 »
I applied last February and I applied for Infantry, Combat Engineer and Arty.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 09:19:04 by Goodeman »
BMQ July 6 2013

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2012, 09:20:30 »
I applied last February and i applied for Infantry, Combat Engineer and Arty.

When I applied in October it was for Arty, MP and Supply Tech. Heard all those you applied for were open. I hope it works out for you and good luck. If there was not an opening they wouldn't transfer your file, so I think it is good news  :nod:

Offline Goodeman

• Rate Post
« Reply #110 on: December 13, 2012, 09:41:06 »
Thank you Lostly. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face yesterday. In the E-mail they said they were transferring my file "in anticipation of forecasted openings in the new year" Where are you at in your application process?
BMQ July 6 2013

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #111 on: December 13, 2012, 09:52:41 »
Thank you Lostly. I couldn't wipe the grin off my face yesterday. In the E-mail they said they were transferring my file "in anticipation of forecasted openings in the new year" Where are you at in your application process?

Well, they needed a copy of my high school transcript, but it was mentioned that they wanted to send my file to the RC w/o it. However they wanted the transcript anyways. Just waiting for that email. Very nervous but hoping. It is a life long dream for me since I am starting a little later in life lol.  I really want that email, now there is a grin on my face lol. Just waiting is the hardest part of all.

Offline Goodeman

• Rate Post
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2012, 10:15:07 »
Haha yeah waiting sucks but what can ya do?
BMQ July 6 2013

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2012, 10:29:52 »
Haha yeah waiting sucks but what can ya do?
Do my best and hope I get the email lol

Offline S8W7

• Rate Post
« Reply #114 on: December 13, 2012, 17:35:05 »
I've been looking through the recruiting process threads and there appears to be, on average, a six month delay between initial application submission (along with all supporting documents) and CFAT/medical/interview. In recent history there does not appear to be very many exceptions.

While I'd be happier to see shorter wait times, I will gladly utilize this time to prepare, upgrade some of my grades, get as fit as possible, continue with my civilian goals, and generally endeavour to make my application as attractive as humanly possible in the time provided.

Offline DAA

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #115 on: December 13, 2012, 17:45:45 »
I've been looking through the recruiting process threads and there appears to be, on average, a six month delay between initial application submission (along with all supporting documents) and CFAT/medical/interview. In recent history there does not appear to be very many exceptions.

From what I see there is a reason for this!  People who post to this forum have run into road blocks of some sort during the recruiting process and come here for help, so they should be considered the "exception" and not the norm.  If you applied and your file is processed, med, CFAT, interview and then enrolled, you would have no reason to even seek out assistance, which is what you are seeing in the posts.

Some factors that need to be considered if your contemplating joining the CF are:

a.  the time of the year when you apply;
b.  whether or not you have current and or prior medical issues;  and
c.  just what occupation you are applying for!!!  (ie; are there positions available)

There are many reasons why there is such a delay and these are only three of the more common ones.  Keep in mind, that the military should not be viewed as a last resort for employment, which regretably some people seem to perceive.  When in fact on average, only 1 out of every 10 people who apply, will actually receive an offer of employment....
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 17:50:08 by DAA »

Offline DAA

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #116 on: December 13, 2012, 20:06:16 »
Let me makes this rather blunt and clear...........

If you are an "applicant" to the CF and at anytime during the past year, you were told your application was CLOSED because "no positions were available" and a Recruiter recommended that you re-apply in the New Year (ie; Mar-Apr 13),  I would highly encourage you to resubmit your application on-line NOW!!!!!  Not March or April but NOW!!!

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/howtoapply-106#applynow-7

I would genuinely hate to see you apply in March or April based on the Recruiters advice to "re-apply in the new year", only to receive an email, phone call or letter at the end of April or shortly thereafter saying "Thank you for your interest in the CF but the occupations you have chosen are CLOSED for this year".....and it will happen!!!

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #117 on: December 13, 2012, 21:49:06 »
From what I see there is a reason for this!  People who post to this forum have run into road blocks of some sort during the recruiting process and come here for help, so they should be considered the "exception" and not the norm.  If you applied and your file is processed, med, CFAT, interview and then enrolled, you would have no reason to even seek out assistance, which is what you are seeing in the posts.

Some factors that need to be considered if your contemplating joining the CF are:

a.  the time of the year when you apply;
b.  whether or not you have current and or prior medical issues;  and
c.  just what occupation you are applying for!!!  (ie; are there positions available)

There are many reasons why there is such a delay and these are only three of the more common ones.  Keep in mind, that the military should not be viewed as a last resort for employment, which regretably some people seem to perceive.  When in fact on average, only 1 out of every 10 people who apply, will actually receive an offer of employment....

I have not hit any roadblocks. Just asking questions in general because I am a new applicant. I know I applied on halloween night of this year lol. So I just have to sit and wait my turn is all. Fingers crossed and see what happens. If my trades ( Military Police, Supply Technician and Artillery ) are open and the people at NB and my local RC want to select me for CFAT, Medical and Interview...wonderful  :snowman:

Offline DAA

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2012, 22:24:38 »

I have not hit any roadblocks. Just asking questions in general because I am a new applicant. I know I applied on halloween night of this year lol. So I just have to sit and wait my turn is all. Fingers crossed and see what happens. If my trades ( Military Police, Supply Technician and Artillery ) are open and the people at NB and my local RC want to select me for CFAT, Medical and Interview...wonderful  :snowman:

So you applied in late October, which means that your application was processed in early Nov, so you fall into paragraph a. above of my "reasons for delay".

Regretably, positions for the occupations you selected were probably already handed out by the time you applied or your file was not "fully" processed in time for merit listing.

Application timing has alot to do with it!!!

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2012, 22:52:40 »
So you applied in late October, which means that your application was processed in early Nov, so you fall into paragraph a. above of my "reasons for delay".

Regretably, positions for the occupations you selected were probably already handed out by the time you applied or your file was not "fully" processed in time for merit listing.

Application timing has alot to do with it!!!

Oh well, if that is the case I will just wait to see what happens. Called NB for an update so will see what they have to say. I will not worry until they say thanks but no thanks. Positive attitude and hard work always pays off in the end.

Offline DAA

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2012, 23:06:07 »
Oh well, if that is the case I will just wait to see what happens. Called NB for an update so will see what they have to say. I will not worry until they say thanks but no thanks. Positive attitude and hard work always pays off in the end.

But don't fret.....  cause it is now "pre-processing" time, so your file will most likely be sent to your local CFRC for next years positions.

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2012, 23:12:22 »
But don't fret.....  cause it is now "pre-processing" time, so your file will most likely be sent to your local CFRC for next years positions.
That would be wonderful. That time of year is usually around April? That will give me more time to get into shape and practice for the CFAT. I think it is April? lol

Offline B.Dias

• Rate Post
  • Pessimist, but a realist.
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2012, 01:07:16 »
Yeahhh I applied in October, early October..
Waiting on the dates for CFAT/Medical/Interview... etc...
Recruiting Center: CFRC Vancouver
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Infantry
Trade choice 2: -
Tade Choice 3: -
Applied: October 2012
First contact: October 2012
CFAT: Wrote May 14, 2013, passed.
Medical: May 14, 2013.
Interview: May 14, 2013.
Position offered: July 19, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: August 9, 2013.
BMQ- August 19, 2013.

Offline S8W7

• Rate Post
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2012, 23:06:12 »
Seems I missed the boat by about a month or two, since most of the people in the recruit process threads seemed to have gotten their offers mid-November. Since I applied the first week of December, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to receive word from North Bay.

I'm going to bet it will be six months before my local CFRC receives my file.

Offline Lostly

• Rate Post
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2012, 21:51:25 »
Seems I missed the boat by about a month or two, since most of the people in the recruit process threads seemed to have gotten their offers mid-November. Since I applied the first week of December, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to receive word from North Bay.

I'm going to bet it will be six months before my local CFRC receives my file.

Everything will work out in the end. Don't worry and keep doing what you are doing and it will happen. Think positive and enjoy the process. Without patience brings worry and worry brings heartache. You will make it.

Lostly