Author Topic: Ground Sheet Questions  (Read 2586 times)

fraserdw

Ground Sheet Questions
« on: October 08, 2012, 14:56:15 »
Gents

I got some questions about our ground sheets.  Bear with me as an HQ wog for the last decade, I have had little use of my ground sheet so these questions may seem strange.  I got 3 gorund sheet before me, my issued one that I exchanged a few months ago, an old rubberized one from the 80s and my daughters new issue one.  They are all very different.  When did we get rid of the rubber backed sheet?  The one my daughter has says MARK II and is longer, and of a lighter rip-stop nylon material than my issue one is which is nylon gortex like material.  Is the MARK II the "new" ground sheet?  Do we still use ground sheets in field for hooches outside of recruit training?

Offline Beadwindow 7

• Life is cruel, and I am but a small slice of life
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • ZBM2
Re: Ground Sheet Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 13:56:44 »
I'm not sure about which is what...however....

As of my Mod 6 last summer we were definitely using ground sheets for hooches in the field.

I had my ground sheet, issued to me almost 9 years ago, which was slightly shorter than my hooch partners, however the zippers still matched up.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.