Author Topic: Western Canadian Reserve Military Police Recruiting  (Read 78027 times)

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
Re: Western Canadian Reserve Military Police Recruiting
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 15:41:58 »
Hey guys, Just so the waters do not get muddied. I will be clear.

1. I am the authority on Res MP Rctg in Western Canada and the Reserve Army Western Military Police Recruiting (1 MP Regt, 15 MP Coy) NCO.

2. I cannot speak to the Regular Force MP Recruiting issues.

3. The Reserve Military Police Platoons in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, are recruiting hard for members.

4. The CFRC's still have the old recruiting requirement listed. The new ones have been approved they are moving through the chain for approval. I hope they will make it to the CFRC's before christmas.

5. If you have presently meet the following criteria and are interested in the Res MP:

Canadian Citizen, Enrolled in Grade 12, Good Morale Character, Drivers License ...

I want to hear from you soonest.

Let me worry about the current listings at CFRC.

Thanks  :nod:

Offline scs

• Rate Post
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2012, 00:48:07 »
I have applied for Res MP in Victoria, have passed all testing and interview. The CFRC in Victoria were not aware of the changes as of Oct 15, Now I guess I have to wait.Thanks for this thread, without it I wouldn't have applied.  :salute:

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2012, 10:30:17 »
Don't wait get you paper work in order. Word will come down shortly.

Offline DAA

Administration is not an exact science..

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2012, 15:54:54 »
Hey guys, Just so the waters do not get muddied. I will be clear.

1. I am the authority on Res MP Rctg in Western Canada and the Reserve Army Western Military Police Recruiting (1 MP Regt, 15 MP Coy) NCO.

2. I cannot speak to the Regular Force MP Recruiting issues.

3. The Reserve Military Police Platoons in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria, are recruiting hard for members.

4. The CFRC's still have the old recruiting requirement listed. The new ones have been approved they are moving through the chain for approval. I hope they will make it to the CFRC's before christmas.

5. If you have presently meet the following criteria and are interested in the Res MP:

Canadian Citizen, Enrolled in Grade 12, Good Morale Character, Drivers License ...

I want to hear from you soonest.

Let me worry about the current listings at CFRC.

Thanks  :nod:

:goodpost:

Recruiting standards for Army Reservists are much different than those for Regular Force and Air Reserve.  If your supporting/processing RC tells you anything other than what ResMP has provided above, encourage them to contact the unit that you plan on joining...
Got a question that you're afraid to ask online?  PM me!  I don't bite........

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2012, 19:20:59 »
I have applied for Res MP in Victoria, have passed all testing and interview. The CFRC in Victoria were not aware of the changes as of Oct 15, Now I guess I have to wait.Thanks for this thread, without it I wouldn't have applied.  :salute:

Go to the unit! If you send me your contact info (see first post) I will ensure that pers in the unit contact you. The Recruiting Reps at the Respective Platoons will help you navigate the new requirements.

Offline scs

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2012, 22:18:09 »
Go to the unit! If you send me your contact info (see first post) I will ensure that pers in the unit contact you. The Recruiting Reps at the Respective Platoons will help you navigate the new requirements.

Sorry I should have a little clearer in my post. All my paperwork is done. The interviewing Officer said he would check the eligibility requirements and if there was a problem he would let me know. I haven't heard anything so I assume all is good and waiting on a MPAC date.

Offline Keylo20

• Rate Post
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2012, 00:30:09 »
I'm also trying to get into the Res MP for Victoria. Some help would be appreciated because I've actually left a voice mail and have actually gone down to the unit's HQ and left my name on the sheet on their office door which clearly says "If we are not in the office right now, leave your name/phone# as well as the date and we will get back to you as soon as we can"

I mean I do realize it is the long weekend, but I'm pushing hard for this, because I want to get in. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Offline NinerSix

is getting the itch to deploy.

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Car guy learning to drive
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2012, 11:09:42 »
I'm also trying to get into the Res MP for Victoria. Some help would be appreciated because I've actually left a voice mail and have actually gone down to the unit's HQ and left my name on the sheet on their office door which clearly says "If we are not in the office right now, leave your name/phone# as well as the date and we will get back to you as soon as we can"

I mean I do realize it is the long weekend, but I'm pushing hard for this, because I want to get in. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.

There was a recruiting even event set up at the Ashton Armoury Yesterday. We had two members on the floor of the parade square all day.
The process is not the mission.

Offline Keylo20

• Rate Post
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 00:04:14 »
There was a recruiting even event set up at the Ashton Armoury Yesterday. We had two members on the floor of the parade square all day.

Good stuff. I'll send an email to the contact address you gave me NinerSix. Thanks. Also, if ResMP could give me some information as well that might be helpful.  ;)

Offline NinerSix

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 18:35:12 »
Good stuff. I'll send an email to the contact address you gave me NinerSix. Thanks. Also, if ResMP could give me some information as well that might be helpful.  ;)

Ask away! ResMP is the authority on this, but if you look at my profile you will see that I am a member of 12 Platoon.

Offline Keylo20

• Rate Post
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 02:50:27 »
Ask away! ResMP is the authority on this, but if you look at my profile you will see that I am a member of 12 Platoon.

Awesome man, can't wait to join. If you dont mind me asking do you know a good way to get into contact with Victoria's Res MP Platoon? I've emailed, phoned, and have actually gone down to the Ashton Armory.

Offline NinerSix

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 02:55:59 »
It took me 18 months to get in. Patience is in order.

While we need to recruit quickly, our recruiters do work on a part time basis. Chances are the Victoria recruiting rep will contact you on Wednesday.

I get the feeling you are excited, good. Getting in is not a sprint, it is a marathon.

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2012, 01:01:24 »
Bump!

The new recruiting standards have come down to the unit level (finally). We are just finalizing some paper work.

Still looking for good applicants!

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2013, 23:13:32 »
Still looking   :nod:

Offline Murb

• Rate Post
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 02:37:26 »
Reading this notification put me in such a stupor I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It is greater than I could have ever even dream of.

So just go through the normal application process with indication to want to sign up for Army Reserves, Military Police and it will be forwarded to the right desk?

I'm currently attending the first year of a Criminology program at Kwantlen Polytechnic University and would be available to start flying or driving to the training grounds about 5 minutes after my final exam is complete on April 24th. Would that time be an acceptable start date for the training process to fit your needs?

One concern that I have is that I am not in the physical shape I was a while ago and have been slowly working myself back into shape but not in an overly large hurry due to no immediate need. Normally I would have no doubt on my ability to pass the physical fitness "EXPRES" test at the start of the training period sometime after my semester completion date but if I understood correctly, reservists take the "EXPRES" test at an earlier date. (Please by all means correct me if I am wrong) When would approximately that date be so I can make an educated guess if it is a physical possibility for me to pass the test in the decreased time frame?

Thanks in advance for your time and your patience,

Murdoch de Mooy

P.S. It is possible to mail me directly through this forums if you would prefer to discuss things in that method.

Now excuse me... Looks like I need to go for a good long jog...  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 02:50:20 by Murb »

Offline NinerSix

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 03:03:26 »
I am not a fitness instructor, but my most fit guys tend to do more circuit training than jogging. In any case start the application now, if you have a steady fitness regime you can commit to by the time you get to a fitness test you will do fine.

We are parading in Richmond this coming Wednesday between 1900-2200. Swing by the Sherman armoury at 5500 No 4 Rd and ask to see the MPs.

Offline Murb

• Rate Post
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2013, 20:01:55 »
Thanks for the heads up NinerSix.

My friend and I came there last night to start the form fill out and get our Statement of understanding... Now to spend the next while going through the application process.

Sounds like the mechanics were looking for people too lol. We waited near the entrance because there was the door that said Recruiting. It sounded like they were pumped to have some people looking about joining. We were sad to rain on their parade and tell them we wanted to be MPs lol.

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2013, 14:17:44 »
Those interested wishing to apply or obtain info on the Res MP recruiting process feel free to e-mail me directly at jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca. I will forward your info to the appropriate recruiting representative so you do not get lost in the shuffle or getbpicked up by another unit while "waiting around." Our Rctg rep will make contact with you to make an appointment or provide good info regarding our process.

Thanks.

BTW ... the longer you wait to get your application going .... the more opportunities you will miss out on! The best time to apply is always Right Now!

Shoot me an e-mail and lets get started.

Offline muskrat89

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Desert Rat
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 07:48:56 »
ResMP - please cease and desist on the "Bump"s. Threads on Army.ca stay active due to the members' interest and the merits of the topic.

Army.ca Staff
The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.

Offline MP_HOPEFUL

• Rate Post
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 09:08:55 »
Those interested wishing to apply or obtain info on the Res MP recruiting process feel free to e-mail me directly at jason.forbes@forces.gc.ca. I will forward your info to the appropriate recruiting representative so you do not get lost in the shuffle or getbpicked up by another unit while "waiting around." Our Rctg rep will make contact with you to make an appointment or provide good info regarding our process.

Thanks.

BTW ... the longer you wait to get your application going .... the more opportunities you will miss out on! The best time to apply is always Right Now!

Shoot me an e-mail and lets get started.

ResMP, I emailed you a couple weeks ago and havent heard anything back  :(

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 13:42:48 »
ResMP - please cease and desist on the "Bump"s. Threads on Army.ca stay active due to the members' interest and the merits of the topic.

Army.ca Staff

And, in the interests of your persec, you might want to remove your e-mail address and have the initial contact done via PM.

Offline roxie roller

• Rate Post
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 20:20:27 »
ResMP,

Could you please outline the medical requirements (esp. vision).  Are they the same as other Reserve trades or does ResMP have any additional standards?

Cheers.

MikeL

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2013, 20:41:40 »
Are they the same as other Reserve trades or does ResMP have any additional standards?

Medical standards go by trade;  being Regular Force or Reserve has no bearing on that AFAIK.  Example medical standards for Reserve MP are the same as Reg Force MP, etc.

Minimum Medical standards for the different MOSIDs can be found here
http://www.forces.gc.ca/health-sante/pd/cfp-pfc-154/AN-E-eng.asp

Military Police V3 CV2 H2 G3 O2 A5
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 20:47:16 by -Skeletor- »

Offline NinerSix

• Attitude re-adjuster
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2013, 20:54:16 »
Sounds like the mechanics were looking for people too lol. We waited near the entrance because there was the door that said Recruiting. It sounded like they were pumped to have some people looking about joining. We were sad to rain on their parade and tell them we wanted to be MPs lol.

To anyone else who wants to come and see us, be mindful of the above. The Svc Bn/Coy has their recruiting office right at the door. They have nothing to do with us.

When you come to the building, don't ask for "recruiting", ask for the MPs. We are at the back of the building.

Offline ResMP

• Rate Post
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2013, 17:30:54 »
To my knowledge Med standards are the same.