Author Topic: Canadian Armed Forces in video games (or the lack thereof)  (Read 29139 times)

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Canadian Armed Forces in video games (or the lack thereof)
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 19:52:40 »
Bohemia interactive has a Canadian module for ARMA3 (they also produced the VBS system)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779256520&searchtext=

The ARMA 3 CaF mod is actually made by a member of 1VP along with a couple other people, played with them on the mod for years. back on ARMA 2 and 3
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline Petard

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • Once a gunner, always a gunner
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2018, 01:39:11 »
Not a FSP, but very useful in learning basic modern warfare tactics is Battlefront’s Shock Force and Black Sea, Shock Force 2 has a NATO module that includes Canadian capabilities
http://www.battlefront.com/shock-force-2/cmsf2-nato-module/

Offline Dana381

• Rate Post
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2020, 21:39:35 »
HMCS Haida is a premium ship in World of Warships. Not soldiers but Canadian forces. I have yet to try her as she is currently out of my price range. I have watched a couple youtubers use her and they were impressed.

Offline MilEME09

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2020, 21:50:28 »
HMCS Haida is a premium ship in World of Warships. Not soldiers but Canadian forces. I have yet to try her as she is currently out of my price range. I have watched a couple youtubers use her and they were impressed.
Different play style then what I am used to, she is a very in your face brawler.
"We are called a Battalion, Authorized to be company strength, parade as a platoon, Operating as a section"

Offline jeffb

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2020, 23:20:23 »
I've been eyeing her with the T7 ranked battles going on... Every time that I have seen someone use her, they have done quite well. I tend to enjoy torpedo DDs over gun DDs though so I'm on the fence with the Haida.
~ Ubique ~
Simple is better except when complicated looks really cool.

Offline Dana381

• Rate Post
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2020, 16:52:33 »
I'm more of a CV/BB player myself but I have been trying to get better at DD's so I can play Haida well when I can finally get it. When I play DD's I typically play quite aggressive so i may not do too bad with her.