Author Topic: Parris Island Recruit Depot To Close ?  (Read 590 times)

Offline tomahawk6

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post

Offline shawn5o

• Rate Post
  • "We have met the enemy and he is us!" Pogo
Re: Parris Island Recruit Depot To Close ?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 17:50:35 »
It seems to be more about economics than tradition. Still, Parris Island is a great heritage - for the marines and for the town. But the closest of me knowing the Marine depot is from the movies. (And a couple of stories from the marines I associated with in the former yugoslavia - lots of  :cheers: on time off)

“We can't all be heroes because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by.” ― Will Rogers

Offline Dan M

• Rate Post
  • It's only with age I realize how lucky I've been.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 17:54:50 »
A smaller USMC wouldnt need Parris Island.

Jack Webb must be spinning in his grave.
An officer in The Canadian Guards should at all times, by intelligent study, conscientious application to his work and continual observation, seek to make himself so competent, so confident and so correct in all matters connected with the Profession of Arms that if he were to state in the presence of any military audience that "Pigs have wings", he would at once be both understood and believed. The wise officer, of course, will weigh all his statements carefully before he makes them. (ASAG 1960)

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • Keep 'em rolling.
    • The job.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 18:17:32 »
Jack Webb must be spinning in his grave.

TSgt Moore:
 Private Owens! Was the sand flea you killed male or female?

Pvt. Owens:
 Male, sir!

TSgt Moore:
 Then this ain't it. Keep looking.

Pvt. Owens:
I have a headache, sir.

TSgt Moore:
 You don't have a headache. Only your Drill Instructor is allowed to have headaches. I have 72 of them.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 18:20:42 by mariomike »
In any war, there are two tremendous tasks. That of the combat troops is to fight the enemy. That of the supply troops is to furnish all the material to insure victory. The faster and farther the combat troops advance against the foe, the greater becomes the battle of supply. EISENHOWER