Author Topic: The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0  (Read 73785 times)

Offline AbdullahD

update status.

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Rate Post
Re: The Great Gun Control Debate- 2.0
« Reply #525 on: September 20, 2019, 18:53:11 »
Only the Lower.
Only the trigger assembly for my handguns?

Basically the bare minimum I can surrender... and hope for laws to change. Screw giving them everything I bought for free. I'll keep all my accessories and if the Laws do not change, I will move.

I hear they need railroaders bad down south ;)
Abdullah

Offline uncle-midget-Oddball

Back to work in one week... Finally.

• I dance on street corners for money.
  • Rate Post
  • Why dont you knock it off with them negative waves
« Reply #526 on: September 20, 2019, 19:03:11 »
Oh, well crap lol

Trudeau has been eating black face paint if he thinks this is going to go well for him.

Quick, look!!! A distraction!!!!
What are you doing?

I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know.

Offline Jonezy76

• This Space Available
  • Rate Post
« Reply #527 on: September 20, 2019, 20:09:29 »
The proposal also includes pledges to create a buy-back program for all legally purchased assault rifles and a two-year amnesty while the program is being set up.

As someone pointed out in the election thread, I'm sure glad that they are going to leave all the illegally owned guns alone.  ::)
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #528 on: September 20, 2019, 20:25:55 »
Living the lean life

Offline Journeyman

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #529 on: September 20, 2019, 23:31:46 »
Cross-posted this to the Election 2019 thread so the politics can be discussed there, and the mechanics of the proposals here.
How'd that work for you?   :pop:
Don't vote?  Don't complain.   www.elections.ca

Offline Haggis

• "There ain't no hat badge on a helmet!"
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
  • "Oh, what a glorious sight, Warm-reekin, rich!"
« Reply #530 on: September 21, 2019, 09:21:11 »
Great time to invest in real estate if you live in Carleton Place or anywhere in Renfrew or lanark as im pretty sure Ottawa will get on the handgun ban and some people will look to move lol.
  No municipality is safe from the possibility of a ban.  Cities, townships, counties and probably even provinces will be empowered to enact bans.  There could be nowhere in Canada for legal handgun owners to hide.

And for those wondering what "assault" rifles will be banned, look at Part 2 of this schedule to see what, at a minimum, will be immediately banned.  Then add in every semi auto rifle of any calibre that meets the to be published post election CC definition of "assault rifle".  Lastly, it would be wise to expect that semi-automatic and possibly pump shotguns are tossed in there, too.
Train like your life depends on it.  Some day, it may.

Offline Jonezy76

• This Space Available
  • Rate Post
« Reply #531 on: September 21, 2019, 11:04:34 »
  No municipality is safe from the possibility of a ban.  Cities, townships, counties and probably even provinces will be empowered to enact bans.  There could be nowhere in Canada for legal handgun owners to hide.

And for those wondering what "assault" rifles will be banned, look at Part 2 of this schedule to see what, at a minimum, will be immediately banned.  Then add in every semi auto rifle of any calibre that meets the to be published post election CC definition of "assault rifle".  Lastly, it would be wise to expect that semi-automatic and possibly pump shotguns are tossed in there, too.

From there it would go to bolt and lever guns that hold more than 7 rounds, and rimfires that hold more than 11, like the deadly Cooey M60.....
Say goodbye to your duck gun and trusty Rem 760.

Here's New Zealand's list...

https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2019-go2786

There's even parts and accessories listed...

« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:08:01 by Jonezy76 »

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #532 on: September 21, 2019, 11:40:05 »
From there it would go to bolt and lever guns that hold more than 7 rounds, and rimfires that hold more than 11, like the deadly Cooey M60.....
Say goodbye to your duck gun and trusty Rem 760.

Here's New Zealand's list...

https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2019-go2786

There's even parts and accessories listed...

Ever seen the video of new Zealand police going to a gun owners house "just to talk" but refuse to talk to the owner unless he stops recording them? Nothing shady about that.

Last I heard they had about 700 guns turned in out of an estimated 1 million.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 11:51:07 by Jarnhamar »
There are no wolves on Fenris

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #533 on: September 21, 2019, 11:45:26 »
Quote from: Remius
Means I might have to pull an Alpharius (I’m pretty sure you are the only one here who might get that reference).

Unique and great example!
(minus their plan being to end humanity quicker and all)   ;D

Offline Cloud Cover

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #534 on: September 21, 2019, 15:16:42 »
Ever seen the video of new Zealand police going to a gun owners house "just to talk" but refuse to talk to the owner unless he stops recording them? Nothing shady about that.

Last I heard they had about 700 guns turned in out of an estimated 1 million.

Here’s a thought: When gun owning people have to renew drivers licenses, register a car or business, transfer title of a house, apply for a passport, receive a tax refund, enrol in school and the like, then the guns will be turned in or those people do not pass “go”.

Fight this one people, there’s much more at stake here than guns and ammo. 
Living the lean life

Offline Jed

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #535 on: September 21, 2019, 15:21:12 »
Here’s a thought: When gun owning people have to renew drivers licenses, register a car or business, transfer title of a house, apply for a passport, receive a tax refund, enrol in school and the like, then the guns will be turned in or those people do not pass “go”.

Right on Cloud Cover; there is a lot more at stake than guns and ammo. There is essential basic freedom an protection from bureaucratic zealots and possibly unethical and criminal politicians. 
As the old man used to say: " I used to be a coyote, but I'm alright nooooOOOOWWW!"

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Door Gunnery- The Sport of Kings!
« Reply #536 on: September 21, 2019, 16:31:07 »
If this goes through, what will be super fun to watch is when the few remaining private ranges left in Canada  (no shooting sports= no ranges) refuse to rent to police forces (why would you rent to the people putting you out of business?) and the police leadership in most municipalities suddenly realize that they have no place to qualify or maintain their members on firearms currency.

This is a travesty that everytime the Liberal Party in Canada gets themselves in trouble, lawful gunowners become the distraction.

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #537 on: September 21, 2019, 16:33:25 »

Cloud Cover: sorry- I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Can you try again for a simpleton, such as myself?

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #538 on: September 21, 2019, 17:34:18 »
I think he's implying that the next step is to tie surrender to one's official documents.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #539 on: September 21, 2019, 18:09:01 »
Basically criminalize over a million previously law abiding citizens of Canada?

I could see them sinking that low.

Offline milnews.ca

• Info Curator, Baker & Food Slut
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Relic
  • Rate Post
    • MILNEWS.ca-Military News for Canadians
« Reply #540 on: September 21, 2019, 19:13:11 »
How'd that work for you?   :pop:
Not as well as hoped, but ya do the best ya can, right?  ;D
+300
“The risk of insult is the price of clarity.” -- Roy H. Williams

The words I share here are my own, not those of anyone else or anybody I may be affiliated with.

Tony Prudori
MILNEWS.ca - Twitter

Offline Haggis

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #541 on: September 21, 2019, 19:37:33 »
If this goes through, what will be super fun to watch is when the few remaining private ranges left in Canada  (no shooting sports= no ranges) refuse to rent to police forces (why would you rent to the people putting you out of business?) and the police leadership in most municipalities suddenly realize that they have no place to qualify or maintain their members on firearms currency.

This is already a concern.  Many clubs will not rent to LEAs and some don't want LEOs as members, either.  In that most clubs operate as not-for-profit entities, when use dries up (i.e. IPSC, IDPA, 3-Gun ,  long range precision shooting etc. become outlawed activities under CCC s 70.(1)(b)) they will quickly fold and be forced to sell off their facilities, possibly to the feds or local LEAs (or SNC-Lavalin???), or face expropriation.

Remember who we are dealing with here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 19:57:13 by Haggis »

Offline ballz

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #542 on: September 21, 2019, 19:55:32 »
Many clubs will not rent to LEAs and some don't want LEOs as members, either.

It's pretty sad when the relationships between firearm owners and LEOs is so poor. In the US the firearms community are typically dyed-in-the-wool LEO supporters.

The Liberal govenments, *and* the RCMP leadership who have more than just supported them in this but actively sought to make life for firearm owners even harder than the law requires, are turned what should be productive, positive relationships into bitter mistrust for one another.
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Offline Haggis

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
« Reply #543 on: September 21, 2019, 20:06:43 »
It's pretty sad when the relationships between firearm owners and LEOs is so poor. In the US the firearms community are typically dyed-in-the-wool LEO supporters.

I have heard of isolated cases where LEOs have taken it upon themselves to visit gun clubs -  which are generally private properties -  and ask to see PALs, ATTs and check storage/transport conditions of members firearms, in essence trolling for offences.  This has undoubtedly poisoned the relationship in some areas.

There are several LE members of my club.  Most established members know who we are and generally, we keep a low profile.  We, as sport handgun shooters, obviously bemoan the latest Liberal theatrics as we know they will make no difference in the long run.

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #544 on: September 21, 2019, 22:14:23 »
Remember the flood in Calgary?
The RCMP took it upon themselves to enter vacated premises and seize firearms. Public Safety they said, which it may have been.
It didn’t appear that way to firearms owners.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline Jonezy76

• This Space Available
  • Rate Post
« Reply #545 on: September 22, 2019, 11:57:33 »
Remember the flood in Calgary High River?
The RCMP took it upon themselves to enter vacated premises and seize firearms. Public Safety they said, which it may have been.
It didn’t appear that way to firearms owners.

Public safety, my eye. They abused the public trust and broke into houses and safes. In the end cost taxpayers $2.3M.

A report released last year found that RCMP-led search teams used crowbars and sledgehammers, in some instances, to gain entry to homes and dragged mud and debris across floors as they searched for stranded people and pets and checked for gas leaks, weapons and other hazards. The house entries and seizures of more than 600 firearms sparked outrage among residents and even claims that gun safes had been breached by the Mounties. But an investigation by the Civilian Review and Complaints Commission for the RCMP could find no evidence to support those claims.
The watchdog did, however, criticize the Mounties for carrying out, in some cases, overly broad searches for firearms and contraband and for improperly seizing a number of guns that had been lawfully secured. (The Criminal Code allows only for warrantless seizures of unsecured firearms or contraband that are in “plain view”).

From here:
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/high-river-residents-paid-2-3m-for-controversial-rcmp-home-and-gun-sweeps-during-2013-flood

Offline Hamish Seggie

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
  • This is my son Michael, KIA Afghanistan 3 Sep 08
« Reply #546 on: September 22, 2019, 12:13:27 »
Thank you for clarifying that.
Freedom Isn't Free   "Never Shall I Fail My Brothers"

“Do everything that is necessary and nothing that is not".

Offline Jarnhamar

• Army.ca Legend
  • Rate Post
« Reply #547 on: September 22, 2019, 12:43:53 »
There were accusations of the RCMP using information from the long gun registry which was supposed to be destroyed, too.

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #548 on: September 22, 2019, 22:24:23 »
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.

Offline SeaKingTacco

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #549 on: September 22, 2019, 22:50:37 »
Funny. There wasn't a "gun lobby" in Canada until gun owners backs got put to the wall.

Strange how people get militant when they are continually treated unfairly and demonized by their government...