Author Topic: Abortion Issues - Mega Thread [MERGED]  (Read 33375 times)

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
Re: Re: The Next Conservative Leader
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2017, 23:55:09 »
Not really. The Supreme Court merely trashed the law of the time, and nobody's dared/bothered to replace that legislation since then, so it's just a free-for-all.

I'd disagree.  The Morgentaler case pretty much summed up the end to waspy men deciding what was right or wrong for my vagina and made it "my" choice.  This woman is extremely thankful for that.

And no Western civilization produces enough children to maintain its population anymore.

Blame Henry.   >:D  Seriously though, you're correct on this front.
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Loachman

• Former Army Pilot in Drag
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2017, 00:27:16 »
The Morgentaler case pretty much summed up the end to waspy men deciding what was right or wrong for my vagina and made it "my" choice.  This woman is extremely thankful for that.

The persons with the most stake in this matter, those who most deserve a choice, are completely deprived of that choice. They would not likely be so thankful, were they able to express themselves.

There are many women who are pro-life as well, and also not as thankful for that decision as some others.

And every living person should be thankful that their mothers did not choose to end their lives prematurely.

Offline recceguy

A Usual Suspect.

• At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child – miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P.J. O’Rouke-
  • Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
  • doddering docent to the museum of misanthropy
    • Army.ca
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2017, 01:16:23 »
And every living person should be thankful that their mothers did not choose to end their lives prematurely.

However, would they know otherwise?
“I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.”

John G. Diefenbaker

Offline ArmyVern

is awake.

• Army.ca Myth
  • Rate Post
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2017, 02:12:40 »
There are many women who are pro-life as well, and also not as thankful for that decision as some others.

And that is their choice.  That's the trick.  Our bodies - Our choice.  I've never had to make that choice, but I am damn thankful it's mine to make.  That personal choice bears no political stripe. 

Imagine if women put into law that all 'ye men shall have vasectomies to ensure no abortions occurred.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 02:16:22 by ArmyVern »
Hard by MCpl Elton Adams

If you or someone you love is having difficulty & would like to speak to someone who has been through a similar experience, who understands, & will respect your need for privacy and confidentiality, contact OSISS toll-free at 1-800-883-6094. You can locate the peer closest to you by logging on to www.osiss.ca, clicking on “Contact us” link & then choosing the “Peer” or “Family Support Network”. Help IS out there.

Offline Scott

- apparently an antagonist.

• Likes fire and loud noises.
  • Chief of Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • El Scorcho Diablo
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2017, 06:29:28 »
Imagine if women put into law that all 'ye men shall have vasectomies to ensure no abortions occurred.

Oh, Snap!

Edit: or snip...
Be nice for no reason.

Offline jollyjacktar

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • My uncle F/Sgt W.H.S. Buckwell KIA 14/05/43 22YOA
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2017, 06:57:30 »
And that is their choice.  That's the trick.  Our bodies - Our choice.  I've never had to make that choice, but I am damn thankful it's mine to make.  That personal choice bears no political stripe. 

:goodpost:

As a man I have absolutely no business telling a woman how and what to do with her body and her health, unless I'm her physician.  I'll leave that nonsense to the Taliban and other like folks who like to interfere.
I'm just like the CAF, I seem to have retention issues.

Offline Colin P

• Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
  • Civilian
    • http://www.pacific.ccg-gcc.gc.ca
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2017, 10:19:46 »

When you remove the "A" word and look at it from a view of competing rights, how we legally determine when life begins is legally "neat" but not based on any science. I used to be completely pro-life, now having watched my daughters in the wombs on ultrasound and felt them create a bit of a personality even in the womb, I have a somewhat modified view. I personally believe that by the third trimester the fetus should be gaining some rights, which would effect it's standing in society with the mother and father as well. Changing the "beginning of life" opens up a whole host of issues, including child support, care of the unborn, etc.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/can-a-child-die-before-it-is-born

Offline FSTO

• Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
Re: Politics in 2017
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2017, 09:04:47 »
So according to the current government of the day there can be no nuances in opinion? Can a woman be personally against abortion but is okay with a woman's right to choose? Does that make her pro or anti choice?

Offline BeyondTheNow

I came. I saw. I made it awkward...

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2017, 09:49:03 »
So according to the current government of the day there can be no nuances in opinion? Can a woman be personally against abortion but is okay with a woman's right to choose? Does that make her pro or anti choice?

I fall into the category you have stated. For me personally, I don't feel it's an option. But I feel very strongly that every woman's body is her own and I am in absolutely no position to judge another's decisions. Whether I agree or not is irrelevant. It's not my life and I certainly have my own history of **** that others would be highly critical of. So, I guess that makes me pro choice?

"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline mariomike

• Directing Staff
  • Army.ca Fixture
  • Rate Post
    • The job.
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2017, 09:54:55 »
I certainly have my own history of **** that others would be highly critical of.

We are not judgemental here. :)

Speaking of abortion, how's this for hypocrisy? Saw it in yesterday's news,

5 Oct 2017
Anti-Abortion Congressman Resigns After Allegedly Urging Mistress to Get an Abortion
http://time.com/4971442/tim-murphy-congress-resignation/
(WASHINGTON) — Republican Rep. Tim Murphy of Pennsylvania, an anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly urged his mistress to have an abortion when he thought she was pregnant, is resigning from Congress.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 09:58:30 by mariomike »
Get on the bus. Take a ride with us.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2lSGnPl-ww

Offline BeyondTheNow

I came. I saw. I made it awkward...

• Directing Staff
  • Rate Post
  • Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2017, 11:03:27 »
We are not judgemental here.  :)

Oh come now, I know that's not true.  ;) >:D
+900
"Stop worrying about getting back to who you were before it all went wrong. To heal is to understand that the person you've since become is the one who's most capable of doing whatever it is you were put here to do."~SR

Offline ModlrMike

: Riding time again... woohooo!

• Army.ca Subscriber
  • Army.ca Veteran
  • Rate Post
    • Canadian Association of Physician Assistants
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2017, 15:10:42 »

Your confusing "free thinking" with "right thinking".
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher,smarter, faster and better looking than most people.
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. (H.L. Mencken 1919)
Zero tolerance is the politics of the lazy. All it requires is that you do nothing and ban everything.