• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

More Than Half (56%) of Canadians Consider Canada’s Armed Forces to be Old and Antiquated

I think the LAV 6 looks kinda futuristic & cool, thank you very much! 😤

And the new MLVW MilCot trucks (the big replacements for the MLVW) are pretty big and modern looking...aren't they??

(We really do need to replace all the logistics vehicles, starting with the LSVW & MilCot. Those JTLV vehicles the US is replacing the Humvee with look badass....seeing those on the highway would look a lot more impressive...)

Remember that the army is one of the most visible elements of the CAF regarding the local civilian population, seeing all that I have mentioned above with your own eyes while driving along a highway or anywhere near a base.
Maybe we need to start doing low level fly over's at CFL games, and a bunch of those summer fun games that people sign up for (Colour Me Rad, the Spartan Race, etc)

They already sing the anthem in the mornings before the activities begin for the day. And having some CF-18's slice across the sky low & fast just as the anthem is coming to an end always perks people up! (Who doesn't like a good flyover by fighter jets? I mean, really!)

Sure there will be some Karen lady on CBC complaining about it, or some subject matter expert (who never leaves their office or a classroom btw) speaking out on behalf of others on now insensitive it is to do them...

Screw em. I genuinely believe one of the faults of our modern society is that we allow morons too much air time, we put dumb people in charge because we fear being labelled as something bad if we don't, and we listen to idiots rather than our own life experiences...

And in my own life experience, cheerleaders + fighter jets + fireworks + national anthem would do the country some good 🇨🇦🥂

Well, we could do a paint job on a bunch of CF-18's and fly over every gay pride (and it's derivatives) parade.

Maybe we need to start doing low level fly over's at CFL games, and a bunch of those summer fun games that people sign up for (Colour Me Rad, the Spartan Race, etc)
Cue the outrage every year over the Toronto International Airshow (and, I assume, others as well).

Gad, it seems every time there is a public road vehicle movement, like Reserves gathering on a weekend or something, they feel the need to issue a media release, and it's not just a traffic advisory but also has a 'don't panic' angle.

Cue the outrage every year over the Toronto International Airshow (and, I assume, others as well).

Gad, it seems every time there is a public road vehicle movement, like Reserves gathering on a weekend or something, they feel the need to issue a media release, and it's not just a traffic advisory but also has a 'don't panic' angle.
1) it’s decent PR which gets in the paper

2) it’s necessary because many citizens are idiots who will waste police time over the military either maliciously or ignorantly.

I remember doing a BFT where we had the cops called on us because we were ‘pointing our guns in this old ladies windows’ or some such nonsense. Very quickly resolved with apologies from the cops for wasting our time, but stuff like that still happens.

Blame the Karens of the world for things like that statement to be necessary. We are so comfortable in our lives we fail to recognize the people responsible for maintaining and protecting that security.

I liked the MLVW, Iltis and Js (both of those jeeps had different values). Iltis was knocked a lot but how could you not have a soft spot for a vehicle you could start with a bic pen and if it rolled have a few guys flip it up.

I liked the MLVW, Iltis and Js (both of those jeeps had different values). Iltis was knocked a lot but how could you not have a soft spot for a vehicle you could start with a bic pen and if it rolled have a few guys flip it up.
And I'm certain Hannibal loved his elephants just as much.

1) it’s decent PR which gets in the paper

2) it’s necessary because many citizens are idiots who will waste police time over the military either maliciously or ignorantly.

I remember doing a BFT where we had the cops called on us because we were ‘pointing our guns in this old ladies windows’ or some such nonsense. Very quickly resolved with apologies from the cops for wasting our time, but stuff like that still happens.

Blame the Karens of the world for things like that statement to be necessary. We are so comfortable in our lives we fail to recognize the people responsible for maintaining and protecting that security.
Our 3PPCLI cadre had us on a ruck march downtown of our small city. The local RCMP detachment was flooded with calls that we were being invaded. 🤣

Well, we could do a paint job on a bunch of CF-18's and fly over every gay pride (and it's derivatives) parade.
I'm picturing a bunch of CF-18's painted like rainbows, and I don't like it...

Why not both ;)
Simon Cowell GIF by America's Got Talent

MLVW needed 150 mods to fix issues when issued, pretty sad when your just updating an existing design. The Iltis was not a terrible vehicle, but the Germans were at the time replacing theirs with G-wagons, which is what we should have done as well.

Back