• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I suspect a Pardonnay is what some would prefer.

The potentially pending New York prosecution is state level; a future president would have no power to pardon it.

Anyway, rumours of imminent indictments aside (they’ll either happen or they won’t), the most legally significant thing we’ve seen lately that pertains to Trump is likely the federal court ruling a couple of days ago that his lawyer Evan Corcoran must appear before a grand jury and testify despite asserting attorney client privilege. The court apparently has ruled, based on evidence provided by the Special Counsel’s team, that the attorney client privilege in this particular case is pierced by the crime fraud exception. That means the court is persuaded that otherwise privileged attorney client communications between a trump and Corcoran may have gone beyond legal advice, and extended to seeking advice on the furtherance of an offense. I believe this is in relation to the classified documents and obstruction investigation. A ruling on a crime fraud exception, with testimony compelled from an attorney as a result, is not good news for any suspect.

I guess we’ll see what happens Tuesday then…

What is the body count on his lawyers needing lawyers or being disbarred now?

I'm cynical that this one isn't a fundraising pitch though. If he doesn't get arrested, he can claim the public pressure worked, and if he does then he can work the crowd for more money. If he knows ahead of time though and it hasn't been worked out with his lawyer to turn himself in that's probably not a great sign for things not getting leaked.

What is the body count on his lawyers needing lawyers or being disbarred now?

I'm cynical that this one isn't a fundraising pitch though. If he doesn't get arrested, he can claim the public pressure worked, and if he does then he can work the crowd for more money. If he knows ahead of time though and it hasn't been worked out with his lawyer to turn himself in that's probably not a great sign for things not getting leaked.

Any specific prediction of date is likely total speculation. He’s extrapolating from leaks to the effect that the Manhattan DA office are consulting with law enforcement on the mechanics of arresting and processing someone who needs secret service protection. That could mean it’s gonna be a go, or it could be people getting their ducks in a row on an anticipated possibility that they don’t have actual direction on yet, but where they’ll need to move quickly once it’s go time.

The procedural stuff moving through courts is more significant until such time as an indictment actually happens. The guessing and prognosticating is just fodder for clicks.

Look over there! Trump bad!
Ok, and if there’s evidence of offences, investigate it appropriately. Financial records, on their own, generally don’t indicate to any great degree of detail what payments are for. Bank statements and wire transfer records don’t show that. It appears that that inevitable and normal ambiguity is being spun to suggest something nefarious, without anything specific to articulate suspicion. Have they actually gone to any efforts to find that out?

If the issue is simply one of having a financial or business relationship with a counterparty in China, that’s a net that will catch a lot of people, without anything necessarily being illicit.

Ok, and if there’s evidence of offences, investigate it appropriately. Financial records, on their own, generally don’t indicate to any great degree of detail what payments are for. Bank statements and wire transfer records don’t show that. It appears that that inevitable and normal ambiguity is being spun to suggest something nefarious, without anything specific to articulate suspicion. Have they actually gone to any efforts to find that out?

If the issue is simply one of having a financial or business relationship with a counterparty in China, that’s a net that will catch a lot of people, without anything necessarily being illicit.

I set up a dropshipping business through Amazon, and have products on my storefront that are made in China. In essence, I've entered into contracts with several Chinese companies to sell random crap like essential oils and makeup organizers.

Actually that's all just a cover; all those payments I've made to Chinese companies are all just done because I'm an intermediary for a whole bunch of nefarious and clandestine Chinese activities in Canada.

Just in case it wasn't clear #SARCASM

Mmmhmm. It’s quite the spectacle watching the salivating over Trump‘s legal jeopardy all the while ignoring the Biden crime family’s various dealings.

Who’s salivating? It’s been pretty quiet in here despite a couple months now of considerable developments in terms of grand jury investigations, leaks about testimony, etc.

Because what matters and what is really interesting is what happens in courts of law. By all means point me to ongoing court proceedings implicating Biden in potential criminal offences. Short of that, you’re just outing yourself as overly credulous.

I set up a dropshipping business through Amazon, and have products on my storefront that are made in China. In essence, I've entered into contracts with several Chinese companies to sell random crap like essential oils and makeup organizers.

Actually that's all just a cover; all those payments I've made to Chinese companies are all just done because I'm an intermediary for a whole bunch of nefarious and clandestine Chinese activities in Canada.

Just in case it wasn't clear #SARCASM

Were you serious about the storefront? If so send me the link! I have a hard time not spending money on Amazon lol

Who’s salivating? It’s been pretty quiet in here despite a couple months now of considerable developments in terms of grand jury investigations, leaks about testimony, etc.
Right? I didn't even know this was happening until the MSM picked up that Trump himself told people he's likely going to be arrested on Tues, and for folks to protest.

No shit Sherlock, an outburst like that from him will probably get some media coverage.

Right? I didn't even know this was happening until the MSM picked up that Trump himself told people he's likely going to be arrested on Tues, and for folks to protest.

No shit Sherlock, an outburst like that from him will probably get some media coverage.
Oh, lots has been going on, it’s just been the painstaking procedural work that consumes a lot of time before a prosecutor is able to determine that there’s a criminal case viable enough to put to the court.

Nothing is sure yet, but I’m now more strongly of the opinion that Donald Trump will face personal criminal responsibility in at least one of three ongoing investigations, two state, one federal- the former two more likely than the latter. Like anyone else, if charged, he’ll have the right to be presumed innocent until proven guilty, and the state will have to prove its case. That won’t be easy in any of them, should they go to trial.

It’s kind of big news when a former POTUS says he expects to be arrested on a specific day. Then goes on to say more things that could see more people jailed if they act on his words.

This thread has probably the longest lasting and most accurate title on these forums.

And that's a sad statement.

Back