• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Thought I heard on the radio yesterday the popularity of the Liberals in Toronto is up about 5% and around Toronto up about 3%. Can't find that on Google.

We are doomed.

I'd be ok with a Scandinavian model if we actually had a Scandinavian mindset. Unfortunately Canadians have a Latin work ethic..... yep, we're lazy.

The NZ economy is in freefall atm and Jacinda was polling terribly, very likely was going to get run out of office Kathleen Wynne style.

Her, "the burden of leadership was too much to bare" resignation speech was uber cringe.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, to bad you didn't spend that energy going after legal gun owners and instead go after the gangs that strut around openly.

I wouldn't be surprised why many (most?) in the world would used to view PMJT as popular, when we in Canada know that it's pretty divided.
…until the EA crockery queued critical eyes onto his totalitarian post-nation state agenda. You know when Italians are calling you fascist….

Like the UK and Australia, Kiwi cabinet ministers are not shy of using their collective power on the PM.
As it should be in Canada, but has been perverted so far beyond PM being a first amongst equals…

This is on brand, if nothing else ;)

Housing Minister Ahmed Hussen’s office admitted Thursday night that his senior staffer is the sister of the director of a foodie communications firm that received $93,050 in constituency funds.

70c8fc80

Hussen’s office confirmed that his director of policy, Tia Tariq, is sisters with Hiba Tariq, the director of Munch More Media, the company that has been receiving lucrative contracts to help the York South—Weston MP reach out to constituents.

Housing Minister Ahmed Hussen’s office admitted Thursday night that his senior staffer is the sister of the director of a foodie communications firm that received $93,050 in constituency funds.

70c8fc80

Hussen’s office confirmed that his director of policy, Tia Tariq, is sisters with Hiba Tariq, the director of Munch More Media, the company that has been receiving lucrative contracts to help the York South—Weston MP reach out to constituents.

I saw this on another site. Surprised?

NOT AT ALL.

70c8fc80

Nothing to see here. Fear Poilievre! Remember the narrative.

70c8fc80

Meh…maybe if it got up to the 6 and 7-figure graft handed out by Fils Trudeau, it would matter, but it’s an amount that’s down in the weeds and doesn’t even cause the LPC ‘Ethics Concernometer’ to even budge it’s weighty needle…

I'm surprised SH ranked so high.

I think JC and Paul Martin did great work fiscally.
Under JC, SAR cutters were tied to the wall because of no fuel allowance. things were super tight back then, but he was trying to pay off PT's partying still.

Much of what JC and PM did "fiscally" was simply to cut transfers, thereby throwing the burden of the "great work" onto the provinces. And it wasn't necessary - a (very few) more years of simply allowing the operating surplus to work its magic would have sufficed. But they made a big noise about "slaying the budget deficit", a myth which grips a lot of people even today.

Much of what JC and PM did "fiscally" was simply to cut transfers, thereby throwing the burden of the "great work" onto the provinces. And it wasn't necessary - a (very few) more years of simply allowing the operating surplus to work its magic would have sufficed. But they made a big noise about "slaying the budget deficit", a myth which grips a lot of people even today.
You know when only ~22% of Health Care funding come from the Feds…yet they chirp like health care would be nothing without the Feds…

As @Brad Sallows says, it's only brand recognition.
And it’s only 10% of respondents. The cult of Trudeau is not as strong as the CBC makes it out to be.

I was disappointed to see St. Laurent ranked so low, on par with R.B. Bennet (Qu’est-ce que fuck?). I know he does not get a lot of press nowadays, but to see one of the few serious PMs of the last half of the 20th century ranked at the same level as someone who was, at best, a footnote in history makes me shake my head.

Back