• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

How is the navy life? Do you travel around the world a lot?

Ugh, I can still smell the rotting lobster juice... whoever at IMO that decided fish can't eat food waste should be made to land two week old wet gash somewhere hot.

Was pretty hilarious with the C&POs and Wardroom landing gash in Norfolk talking to the gate security guys (the dumpster was at the end of the jetty a bit outside their post) letting them know we were coming through and them being shocked I was doing it as a HOD, then having the XO and CO come up after me, with the Coxn somewhere close behind. There was lots of muttering about them wishing their officers/NCOs did the same. Just made sense as it got us out a lot faster to secure, as the rest of the crew was doing cleaning stations/shutdown maintenance. Still, the smell on some of them was pretty gnarly.
When I was in Comox, VU33 went out east and brought back a load of lobsters. One got loose, climbed down into the raydome and died. The stink was in the plane for weeks.

Or you an the right coast still sorting everything before landing it... by hand?

Yah, I'll carry the garbage ashore instead of digging through it to ensure that it meets the waste disposal contractors specifications for sorting...

This is not an endorsement of a product or investment advice 😁

Built in Canada and in use on the newest US Aircraft Carriers. Scalable in size to fit on different classes of vessel 😁

This is not an endorsement of a product or investment advice 😁

Built in Canada and in use on the newest US Aircraft Carriers. Scalable in size to fit on different classes of vessel 😁
You should see JSS... I wouldn't be surprised if you started RAS'ing garbage to the tanker.

Are you on the right coast still sorting everything before landing it... by hand?

Yah, I'll carry the garbage ashore instead of digging through it to ensure that it meets the waste disposal contractors specifications for sorting...

Wait, what ? Lol

You should see JSS... I wouldn't be surprised if you started RAS'ing garbage to the tanker.
That's what I'm talking about! I really hope it has a Plasma Arc Furnace for Waste Disposal 🥳🥳

Even better if it uses made in Canada tech, I may or may not be an Investor 😁

Is it getting one of those super incinerator things ?
I actually don't know the full details but its supposed to be pretty slick for waste compaction, disposal and storage. I'm hoping for a Mr. Fusion from Back to the Future. Just jam some old banana's and tin cans in there and power comes out the other end.

I actually don't know the full details but its supposed to be pretty slick for waste compaction, disposal and storage. I'm hoping for a Mr. Fusion from Back to the Future. Just jam some old banana's and tin cans in there and power comes out the other end.

I know AOPS has a pretty sweet incinerator thing.

Digging through giant garbage bins in +35C/-35C because the garbage man spotted plastic builds character.

Just don't forget black plastic can't go in the black, plastic recycling bin.
That’s how the garbage and recycling guys know to leave you the actual bin.

Case in point, my recycling bin lost a dispute with a snow plow, and had to go in the garbage.

Ripping the "warning tags" the garbage consortium puts on recycling bins when they spot "illegal items" and throwing the tags into the bin is a favorite of mine.

We had some kind of wonder incinerator on PRO, it spent more time broken than working... The service guy seemed cool, so that was a bonus. 🤷‍♂️

Back