• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Tinfoil hat hypothetical

So what happens if it turns out JT was one of the MP's that China covertly funded? Given stories like this one, it may not be as far-fetched as some want to believe?

Absolutely nothing. Singh has all but committed to prop up this Liberal Gov at all costs. And central Canada will again vote them into power.

Not enough people from Riviere-Du-Loup to Kenora care, and they believe they know what's best for the country.

I am so disgusted by the state of things.

The CSIS report (on record) says no, but the CSIS Head says yes, thing gives citizens reasonable uncertainty as to what was going on…did the CSIS Head counter the Service’s own assessment to ‘do the PM a solid?’ One can’t help but at least ask the question…

The whole thing stinks and Canadians have a right to be concerned.
Devil's advocate here: in the CAF, there have been plenty of situations where a team/organization/unit released a formal report with a well researched analysis and well structured conclusion, only to have the Commander disagree with their staff and go a different route/make a contradictory decision. So, was it "a solid" to the PM, or does the CSIS Head simply have an honest but different opinion than his staff and is flexing his authority?

Devil's advocate here: in the CAF, there have been plenty of situations where a team/organization/unit released a formal report with a well researched analysis and well structured conclusion, only to have the Commander disagree with their staff and go a different route/make a contradictory decision. So, was it "a solid" to the PM, or does the CSIS Head simply have an honest but different opinion than his staff and is flexing his authority?
lol, dealing with that right now; love when people want an 'evidence based decision' but then ignore the evidence, or get people without the depth of knowledge to 'interpret' the evidence to get the answer they want. We are pretty good about internally shopping for the 'yes'.

I'll just drop this here...

TL/DR; Let us stop on freedoms for a bit longer so we can really show the peasants their place.

RCMP wanted to keep Emergencies Act in place for weeks to 'finish what we started,' docs show

The RCMP isn't your friend... This is the sort of garbage that undermines the credibility of police, and government.
Essentially from the beginning this can be summarized as: "we didn't need it (EA), but now that we have it we don't want to lose it just yet..."

Don't poop on the streets, steal food from the homeless shelter and beat up security guards, harass people shopping, block roads and highways and generally be a menace and it is fine.

Not really optimisitic we won't see more of 'Stick it to the Laurentian Elites' 'Take off your mask you Sheep!' etc etc.

One can always hope. :)

... Not enough people from Riviere-Du-Loup to Kenora care, and they believe they know what's best for the country ...
I feel the same frustration as you re: where the numbers are, but as someone in the same area code as Kenora, trust me, it ain't us that's swinging that big old Ontario vote machine ....
50-percent-canada-population-line-map.JPG

At the back of their minds.

He said it. He’s driving a huge wedge between the privileged - him and his supporters- and the rest of us

Why don’t you guys separate and join us in Mb? It’s not like Toronto cares about you.

Interesting suggestion.

8 pages on that.

Why don’t you guys separate and join us in Mb? It’s not like Toronto cares about you.
The idea's been tossed about off and on for some time - with some in Kenora actually saying it out loud clearly - not to mention the NW becoming its own province. There's even a political party keen on making Northern Ontario a separate province.

I'm told this kind of boundary change would need a constitutional amendment sort of thing - and we all know the odds of THAT happening soon, easily and quickly, right?

Besides, would Winnipeg enjoy taking on the searing white-hot loathing of the centre from this part of the world once we break our shackles tying us to Toronto The Good? :)

The idea's been tossed about off and on for some time - with some in Kenora actually saying it out loud clearly - not to mention the NW becoming its own province. There's even a political party keen on making Northern Ontario a separate province.

I'm told this kind of boundary change would need a constitutional amendment sort of thing - and we all know the odds of THAT happening soon, easily and quickly, right?

Besides, would Winnipeg enjoy taking on the searing white-hot loathing of the centre from this part of the world once we break our shackles tying us to Toronto The Good? :)
Are you kidding? Hell yes the Toronto media calls us the Murder Capital of Canada already. Anything else is an improvement

That party has been around in one form or another since the '70s. Its platform flips between advocating for secession and just advocating for northern interests. They get hundreds of votes. I'm not even sure there is broad consensus one what 'northern Ontario' means.

Hell yes the Toronto media calls us the Murder Capital of Canada already.

The stats come from Ottawa.

Homicide rates among census metropolitan areas highest in Regina, Thunder Bay and Winnipeg​

Among census metropolitan areas (CMAs) in 2021, the highest homicide rates recorded were in Regina (5.67 homicides per 100,000 population), Thunder Bay (5.63) and Winnipeg (5.39).

The CMAs with the largest percentage increase in homicide rate from the previous year were Windsor (+101%), St John’s (+100%) and London (+98%)

Rates are per capita. The per capita homicide rates of 36 municipalities are compared.

Rates are calculated per 100,000 population using revised July 1st, 2021 population estimates from Statistics Canada, Centre for Demography.

Release date: November 21, 2022

Read this, about that back in Reply #4.987

Northern Ontario should in all reality, be its own province.

Thunder Bay mayor Lynn Peterson opposed Murdoch's proposal, stating that one of the perceived issues was inconsequential, specifically that policies defined in the Ontario legislature are not Toronto-centric.[28]
Michael Gravelle, the Minister of Northern Devlopment and Mines, said "I look at it from the perspective of would this be good for Northern Ontario . . . and I don‘t think it would be".[28]

Sources are included.

Back