• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Minister Anand announces investment of up to $3.7 billion to supply operational clothing and footwear to the Canadian Armed Forces

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
To the surprise of no one, Logistik Unicorp has been awarded the OCFC2 contract.

October 20, 2022 – Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces

Today, the Minister of National Defence, Anita Anand, announced that Logistik Unicorp based in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec, has been awarded a contract to provide operational clothing and footwear to the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF). This contract, valued at up to $3.7 billion over 20 years, will support over 3000 jobs in Canada’s clothing, footwear and textile industries.

This investment will deliver approximately 1,222 different items of clothing and footwear worn by CAF members during their deployments, including:

· combat uniforms using Canadian Disruptive Pattern (CADPAT) camouflage,

• badges and insignias,
  • footwear including combat boots, arid/hot weather boots, and mukluks,
· winter gear such as parkas, headwear and hand wear,

• soldiers’ personal equipment, such as sleeping bags and day packs.
This contract will deliver supplies for more than 160,000 people, including Regular and Reserve Force members, Canadian Rangers, Junior Rangers, search and rescue technicians, firefighters and Cadets. This contract also contains provisions to enable the ad hoc procurement of equipment required for unexpected deployment operations – such as the immediate supply of Personal Protective Equipment during critical emergencies.

Today’s Operational Clothing and Footwear Consolidated Contract (OCFC2) represents a new approach to supplying the operational gear that the CAF needs to succeed on domestic and international operations. Once the contract is fully implemented, members will be able to order items online and have orders shipped to their door, while also providing the CAF with the ability to continue distributing uniforms directly to units. This new approach will deliver better resource and inventory management for the CAF, improve item availability, and provide better value for taxpayers.

This project will deliver concrete economic benefits to Quebecers and all Canadians. Logistik Unicorp will invest in research and development and skills training in the textile, apparel and footwear sectors, which will generate additional jobs and export opportunities. Logistik Unicorp must also conform to mandatory Canadian content requirements by ensuring that the majority of manufacturing of clothing and footwear items is done in Canada.

The Government of Canada is committed to providing the CAF with the equipment and tools that they need to serve Canada domestically and internationally.

Minister Anand announces investment of up to $3.7 billion to supply operational clothing and footwear to the Canadian Armed Forces - Canada.ca

Oh good, now our operational clothing can also be tailored to fit no actual human being, with unfit for purpose footwear.

I look forward to FR clothing being replaced with highly flammable synthetics that are extra POL absorbent.

Oh good, now our operational clothing can also be tailored to fit no actual human being, with unfit for purpose footwear.

I look forward to FR clothing being replaced with highly flammable synthetics that are extra POL absorbent.
In fairness, the current NCDs(old?) are provided by Logistik Unicorp... I'm hoping to hold onto the NCDs for a few more years, as the new version does not appeal to me in the slightest.

I, for one, am excited for the same "size out of stock" issues at clothing stores now to be conveniently online via Logistik Unicorp's tradtional "this item is on backorder for 6 months" DEU system.
It took me months for my initial issue, and now I still can't get enough DEU pants to wear 3Bs to work every day...

My unit had to create a "DEU Library" so we could kit out some of the new folks so they wouldn't look like ass forbparades and such.

Any still usable DEU items would be left in the lockers and folks could garb from there. It was far more effective than waiting for Logistik to deliver on time and with the right size

Hey, somebody has to keep the "there are two sizes in the Army - too large and too small" meme alive.

Sad Doctor Who GIF

My unit had to create a "DEU Library" so we could kit out some of the new folks so they wouldn't look like ass forbparades and such.

Any still usable DEU items would be left in the lockers and folks could garb from there. It was far more effective than waiting for Logistik to deliver on time and with the right size
  1. What unit are you in that you're on parade that much? Actually don't answer that.
  2. I really hope those items get washed after (and probably before) wearing... :sick:

I, for one, am excited for the same "size out of stock" issues at clothing stores now to be conveniently online via Logistik Unicorp's tradtional "this item is on backorder for 6 months" DEU system.
My Agency uses Logistik Unicorps as well. I tried to order four replacement belt keepers for my duty belt and was told my annual entitlement is one. But, if I order a whole new duty belt, I get six keepers with it. Same shyte - different coloured uniform.

Back