• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Just a point, that era was great for some Americans, not ALL Americans. If you were black in that time period, it was not a good time. If you were native in that time period, it was not a good time.

Part of the issue with the make America great again branding is for many Americans it wasn’t great.

Up until 1965 the US basically had Apartheid. After 1965 it’s not just all racism and discrimination vanished, even their current president voted against things such as shared bussing. It is also why some Americans identify strongly with that ideal, and others reject it out of hand.

Of course you are 100% correct. But to be clear, at no point did I say it was great for “ALL” Americans (Or Canadians). I said that for “many” (A large number of) Americans it was a very prosperous time. Hopefully I'm not coming off overly defensive here as I don't disagree, it's just not a point I was going to get into with my post.

An interesting element of MAGA is that some pretty surprising unexpected people end up voting for Trump, which sort of shows why it's also important not to assume any group, minority or otherwise, has homogenous views of Trump and his brand. There are lots of minorities voting for Trump who are 100% behind the entire movement, maybe they are single issue voters, maybe they are uninformed, or maybe they just like what's he's throwing down and believe in something I personally don't think is possible. The fact so many minorities do vote for Trump also makes things even harder to make sense of, when Republican's also claim all “illegals” would vote Democrat, when in reality if they could vote we don’t really know exactly who those votes would actually be for.

“To put it simply, in this space, Russia wants to watch us tear ourselves apart"

Biden Hires 87,000 Bused-In Migrants As IRS Agents

:)

I should have paused to dig a bit before replying in the first place. Looks like the ‘87,000 new IRS agents’ is bullshit to begin with. I got suckered into replying to a Republican partisan talking point that’s not grounded in reality.

Obviously the claim isn't real, but let's say it was. Where would they even find, hire, and train 87,000 new IRS agents? The US Army has a recruiting goal of 28,000 this year and they are projected to be 10,000 short. These people are claiming that the IRS is going to recruit more manpower this year than the entire US military combined. Now that's just ridiculous.

Garland admits to approving the warrant, during his press conference. He says they are also requesting the affidavit and property list to be released to the public.

The Illegals know their bread is currently buttered on the Dem side. Personally I think Trump should have set up a amnesty program that would allow illegals who have been in the States for X years, prior to X date and have no criminal records or warrants to be able to apply for citizenship, because you actually want those people. Trump dried up the flow of illegals and that alone eased the burden on a refugee claim system with a 700,000 case backlog at the time of his becoming POTUS. Besides the amnesty, the US needs a better guest worker program and better immigration program. These would reduce the illegals in and potentiel by a significant margin. But there appears to be a lot of powerful groups that don't want the illegals to disappear as it is a large pool of cheap and easily exploited labour.
I have seen a fair number of Hispanics that were all for more border controls and stopping illegals. The legal Hispanic community is climbing the social ladder and is not impressed or identifies with a lot of the illegals or false refugee claimants (who never seem to show up for their hearings).

Biden Hires 87,000 Bused-In Migrants As IRS Agents

This is the same website that Trump tweeted to back in 2020 not realizing it was a joke.

Explains itself.

Attachments

• 298877781_2766625680147424_5828588297248021035_n.jpg
    298877781_2766625680147424_5828588297248021035_n.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 33
Garland admits to approving the warrant, during his press conference. He says they are also requesting the affidavit and property list to be released to the public.
He also stated clearly and directly that a copy of the warrant and the seizure receipt were left at the premise with one of Trump’s lawyers, so we can put that bit of white noise to bed.

This is a good move. The public is calling for transparency, DoJ is saying “ok, we’ll ask the court” and they’ve done so.

What will be really fun will be seeing if Trump files to object to the release of the warrant and the itemized seizure list.

Note that this will NOT include unsealing the affidavit listing the grounds to believe the evidence sought will be there. The warrant will only have the underlying federal offence(s), the items they have grounds to believe will be present, and where (which may or may not be quite specific to a portion of the premises).

It’s unsurprising that the AG approved the warrant. Something of this magnitude would go pretty much all the way up. It would still be the investigators and prosecutors actually building towards whether they have grounds to or not; his role would basically be the investigative team passing the buck up the chain for sign off to actually execute.

The Illegals know their bread is currently buttered on the Dem side. Personally I think Trump should have set up a amnesty program that would allow illegals who have been in the States for X years, prior to X date and have no criminal records or warrants to be able to apply for citizenship, because you actually want those people. Trump dried up the flow of illegals and that alone eased the burden on a refugee claim system with a 700,000 case backlog at the time of his becoming POTUS. Besides the amnesty, the US needs a better guest worker program and better immigration program. These would reduce the illegals in and potentiel by a significant margin. But there appears to be a lot of powerful groups that don't want the illegals to disappear as it is a large pool of cheap and easily exploited labour.
I have seen a fair number of Hispanics that were all for more border controls and stopping illegals. The legal Hispanic community is climbing the social ladder and is not impressed or identifies with a lot of the illegals or false refugee claimants (who never seem to show up for their hearings).
Neither side in the US wants to actually deal with illegal immigrants, as you mentioned its a source of cheap exploitable labour that basically replaced slave labour.

If they were serious about it all they would have to do is make it so anyone employing illegal immigrants goes to jail for a couple years (especially heads of companies). No fine, just jail time.

I guarantee you if that happened illegal immigration to the US would dry up quickly as there would be no jobs. Which in turn means no money, and no incentive to make it to the states.

From Armed man tried to breach FBI building in Cincinnati, authorities say

Armed man tried to breach FBI building in Cincinnati, authorities say​

By Kanishka Singh

2 minute read
Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska's apartment raid in New York

Suspect attempts attack on FBI building in Ohio

Suspect attempts attack on FBI building in Ohio

1/5
A view shows a sign outside of the FBI's Cincinnati Field Office, after police closed off Interstate 71 North after reports of a suspect attempting to attack the FBI building, in Cincinnati, Ohio, U.S., August 11, 2022. REUTERS/Jeffrey Dean

Aug 11 (Reuters) - Police were locked in a standoff on Thursday with an armed man who tried to breach the FBI building in Cincinnati, Ohio, earlier in the day before fleeing and exchanging gunfire with officers, authorities said.

The incident began at about 9:15 a.m. (1315 GMT) when the suspect unsuccessfully tried to enter the FBI's visitor screening facility. He then fled the area in a white vehicle, heading northbound on Interstate 71, the FBI said.

About 20 minutes later, a state trooper spotted the vehicle in nearby Warren County and attempted a traffic stop. A chase ensued as the suspect fired his weapon at the state trooper, Ohio State Highway Patrol spokesman Nathan Dennis said during a news briefing.

The vehicle eventually came to a stop and gunfire was exchanged between the suspect and police officers, he said. No police were injured, Dennis said.

"The scene is still active and there is still an active standoff situation at this time," Dennis said.

Several highways in the Cincinnati area were closed as a result.

"Law enforcement has traded shots with a male suspect who is wearing a gray shirt and body armor," Clinton County Emergency Management Agency said earlier, urging people in the area to stay inside and lock their doors.

NBC News reported that the suspect was armed with an AR-15-style semiautomatic rifle and fired a nail gun into the FBI building.

Details and the motive were unclear.

The FBI has been the subject of online threats since its agents searched former President Donald Trump's Florida estate this week as part of an investigation into documents removed from the White House as he was leaving office in January 2021.

Wow, seeing some reports of shots fired at an FBI office in Cincinnati.

This hyperpartisanship has real world impacts.
Yeah apparently a standoff with the shooter - he tried to enter the FBI and was confronted at the visitor screening area -
Shots fired and the Ohio State highway Patrol, FBI and Local LE have him contained now.

On the DJT can it get more weird front -- now the AG is saying he okayed the raid and it was known at the highest levels - and he is asking the Judge to unseal the warrant.

It’s unsurprising that the AG approved the warrant. Something of this magnitude would go pretty much all the way up. It would still be the investigators and prosecutors actually building towards whether they have grounds to or not; his role would basically be the investigative team passing the buck up the chain for sign off to actually execute.
Not surprising at all - but going radio silent for days and having subordinates deny deny deny - isn't exactly a solid approach for the guy running the Department of JUSTICE...

Explains itself.
Is that legit or photoshopped?
I don't really understand how, would he not want to actually be no where near that as Trump was also involved with Epstein and Maxwell?
There are a lot of folks who where entirely too close to E&M, DJT is one, but the list is pretty revolting, and has many top Democrats and Republicans...
Would have been really nice if that thread had been tugged on.

Interesting story of "Adoption" by police in the US.

Under this, federal law enforcement can take over cases from state and local law enforcement and seize property. If everything is successful state and local law enforcement gets 80% kicked back to them to use.

In the video (body cam footage) it's plain to see:
1. How this trusting and good natured American was taken advantage off
2. How weak the polices case against him was for seizing his almost $100K; and
3. How easy this is to abuse.

Interesting story of "Adoption" by police in the US.

Under this, federal law enforcement can take over cases from state and local law enforcement and seize property. If everything is successful state and local law enforcement gets 80% kicked back to them to use.

In the video (body cam footage) it's plain to see:
1. How this trusting and good natured American was taken advantage off
2. How weak the polices case against him was for seizing his almost $100K; and
3. How easy this is to abuse.
Asset Forfeiture is a major thing.
Honestly in most cases it is a good thing - it financially hampers criminal activities - and gives back to LE.

BUT like anything, power can be abused, and unfortunately there are a number of areas where it is basically criminal extortion with a badge.

There are a lot of folks who where entirely too close to E&M, DJT is one, but the list is pretty revolting, and has many top Democrats and Republicans...
Would have been really nice if that thread had been tugged on.
For sure, and seems to be the common denominator for the people that didn't get investigated further is wealth and power, not politics.

I just don't see how this is some kind of smoking gun on getting a warrant; maybe I should indulge in some legal cannabis to get the paranoia on to get into the conspiracy theory mindset.

Does it imply the judge is being blackmailed? The risk of massive blowback from that approach is just insane, and the flipside of that for DJT to spill the tea on everyone involved in Epstein and specific people in particular if he goes down is also seems high, after seeing him throw everyone under the bus to deflect blame from losing the election. Trump repeatedly demonstrates he's a petty bully, why would you go out of your way to get involved with anything if you had already dodged a bullet?

Maybe the simplest answer was they had enough evidence to get a federal warrant, they executed it, and the evidence is under investigation makes more sense?

, as much as people naturally want to keep chasing that dream of the era the baby boomers were lucky enough to live in.

I liked it for the most selfish reason of all. Because we were young.

" maybe I should indulge in some legal cannabis to get the paranoia on to get into the conspiracy theory mindset."

I have a prescription for medical cannabis, due to injuries sustained during my service. I would appreciate it if you weren't so crass, ignorant and cavalier about its use and effects. Maybe you should do some selective reading and learn who your making fun of. You just stigmatized every Veteran with a prescription.

Back