• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Carl G

FormerHorseGuard

Reaction score
Been away from Carl for many years

Does it have enough punch power to disable a modern mbt?
Or it only good on modern apcs and bunkers?

Curious since Canada is sending them overseas

Thanks
Opie

May different payload options can be fired from the 84mm.
Frontally on a MBT is a RFBI - but better than a sharp stick.

Carl has gotten an upgrade recently in the M4, which has a new ammo family which can penetrate upto 900mm of armour. However we do not have any, there has been talk for years of getting upgraded to the M4, but no movement, maybe all this with Russia will change that.

Was this commonly known?

According to a list previously published by the Canadian Department of Defense, the weapons include .50-calibre sniper rifles equipped with silencers, 60mm mortars, Carl Gustav anti-tank systems, grenade launchers, pistols, ammunition, thermal-imaging binoculars, cameras, scopes, and medical supplies. The weapons also include C6 7.62 mm caliber machine guns and C8 5.56mm assault rifles, which are used by the Canadian Forces.

the military equipment and weapons were in a military depot in Montreal but have now been moved to another location in case it has to be sent to Ukraine.

The Canadian Department of National Defense refused Monday night to reveal where the weapons are currently located.

Concerned about RQMSMs filling operational gaps?

According to information published by the "Age Dispatch" website on January 24, 2022, Canada could provide small arms and anti-tank weapons to Ukraine which were planned to be delivered to the Kurds in 2016.
Follow Army Recognition on Google News at this link

Carl has gotten an upgrade recently in the M4, which has a new ammo family which can penetrate upto 900mm of armour. However we do not have any, there has been talk for years of getting upgraded to the M4, but no movement, maybe all this with Russia will change that.

proven innocent madeline scott GIF by Fox TV

Was this commonly known?

Concerned about RQMSMs filling operational gaps?

There was a flight from Montreal to Kiev last week of a Ukrainian Antonov that I posted on the Ukraine thread. The flight left Montreal around 1:30am est, a nice time to leave so that no one, or very few, would be around it visually see it land or take off as it would be pitch dark.....

There was a flight from Montreal to Kiev last week of a Ukrainian Antonov that I posted on the Ukraine thread. The flight left Montreal around 1:30am est, a nice time to leave so that no one, or very few, would be around it visually see it land or take off as it would be pitch dark.....

I'm more interested in the fact that there was a stock of pistols, 60mm mortars, Carl Gustaf shells and other neat kit hanging around in Montreal since 2016. All purchased for the Kurds and never delivered and all on the wish list of the Army, and never purchased.

I briefed my company on this in 2009. and I got a briefing on this in about 1998.

I'm more interested in the fact that there was a stock of pistols, 60mm mortars, Carl Gustaf shells and other neat kit hanging around in Montreal since 2016. All purchased for the Kurds and never delivered and all on the wish list of the Army, and never purchased.
That’s because CIDA most likely paid for it out of their budget as ‘International Aid’ and won’t give it up to CAF.

So Treasury Board felt it was appropriate to buy kit for the Kurds that the CAF couldn't figure out how to justify for its own needs? Somebody needs to hire a better quality of bureaucrat.

Been away from Carl for many years

Does it have enough punch power to disable a modern mbt?
Or it only good on modern apcs and bunkers?

Curious since Canada is sending them overseas

Thanks
Opie
Are you guys STILL looking for it? :D

I was in when Carl went for a walk and never came back. I was with a unit in the same district as the GGFG. CarlG is famous for walking away and being the father to a child in the Meaford area.

For those that are not tracking the M4 and want an update.

Picture of the M4:

Here is a selection of ammo available for the M4:

Tech data:

MT 746 -
HE 441D -
ASM 509 -
545C (Illum) -
HEDP 502 -
HEAT 655 (Confined Space) -
469 C (Smoke) - smoke 469 C Carl gustav
HEAT 751 - technical data HEAT 751
HEAT 551 - HEAT 551 TECHNICAL DATA AND DIAGRAM