• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Videos reveal moldy, disgusting Camp Lejeune barracks where Marines are forced to live

dimsum

Army.ca Myth
Mentor
Reaction score
Ew.

Hundreds of Marines are moving into a moldy barracks in North Carolina that has gone further downhill since being tepidly rated “degraded but adequate” during a building inspection in 2019.

According to one Marine who provided photo and video evidence, HP 225, the new home for a company of Marines assigned to 3rd Battalion, 6th Marine Regiment at Camp Lejeune has signs of poor maintenance, including cockroaches, rampant mold, and missing beds and furniture.

Indeed, a walkthrough of the three-story barracks on Nov. 2 revealed mold on the ceiling, walls, chairs, and mattresses in at least two rooms, despite the building having been deemed to have “no significant issues” in June. In reality, there are many.

We used to be consigned to locations like that occasionally.

The troops loved it becasue they didn't have to pay any accommodation allowances.

The CSMs used to like it because 'barrack cleaning and inspections'.

After a good scrubbing/ fixing things usually worked out well.

We house prisoners in better conditions than that

Went to Hohne one year for gun camp. The MO did a walk through of the barracks and found lice in the palliasses. Every one of them in the barracks went out the window so we wouldn't have to carry them. Piled them all on the parade square and he lit them up right on the spot. The Brits weren't impressed with our course of hygiene action.😁 Something, something about the Queens property.

I wonder how much horsepower they're putting into finding out who took those pictures. Because priorities.
I chuckled that the closest thing to an official line in the article is from a 2Lt, who was probably the random duty officer at the time.

Not to belittle them (ok fine, maybe a bit), but I suppose it shows how high this is in the USMC priority list to look at.

When we stayed at Camp Lejeune in 1995 the shacks were not that bad. One thing I do remember is that the washroom did not have doors or walls between each toilet just a row of toilets. We thought it was strange and when we asked it were told it was to prevent drug use.

When we stayed at Camp Lejeune in 1995 the shacks were not that bad. One thing I do remember is that the washroom did not have doors or walls between each toilet just a row of toilets. We thought it was strange and when we asked it were told it was to prevent drug use.

2015-03-31-Strip_8th_I.gif

The open bay latrine well pre-dated an increased vigilance against drug use nor was it exclusive to the Marines. It was even featured in a 1950s movie portrayal of the USAF.

Though there was one embellishment that I noticed in a San Diego barracks in the 1970s, one toilet separated from the others and signed for the use of VD patients only. The answer to the question back then was to prevent homosexual activity.

The open bay latrine well pre-dated an increased vigilance against drug use nor was it exclusive to the Marines. It was even featured in a 1950s movie portrayal of the USAF.

One of Andy Griffith's first and finest. :ROFLMAO:
... The answer to the question back then was to prevent homosexual activity.
I think it was a scheme to limit solo-sexual activity.

😁

Back