• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

I failed my CFAT

jonjon5822

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am 17 and I did my CFAT one year ago in october, my chosen trades were Boatswain, Infantry and cook. I failed. And now I have been studying a little bit over the past months and I am very scared, I need to join like this is my only plan after highschool, and I am very horrified that I may fail the next one. Can anyone recommend me any good studying websites or apps as well?

Hello everyone,

I am 17 and I did my CFAT one year ago in october, my chosen trades were Boatswain, Infantry and cook. I failed. And now I have been studying a little bit over the past months and I am very scared, I need to join like this is my only plan after highschool, and I am very horrified that I may fail the next one. Can anyone recommend me any good studying websites or apps as well?
There is an app on the itunes store (Unsure if its available for androids) called CFAT Practice test - cost $14 - absolutely worth the money. That really helped me with the spatial part of the test, as well as getting used to time limits. The math was good too, but I found I only really started to succeed when I started using Khan Academy (the app, youtube, or website) for math. You've done the CFAT once so you should know what type of math you should study. I focused primarily on multiplication and division of decimals or fractions.

You are going in with the right mindset - study like your whole career is on the line, because it kind of is. No need to be tense about it, if you study hard enough you will score well. I dropped out of highschool a while back, decided the army is where I want to be - and studied like my life depended on it (was very worried about math as it wasn't always my strong suit) and ultimately scored well enough to surprise the recruiters lol and qualify for all the trades you listed.

army-test.com! Helped a lot and got my chosen trade (Boatswain)!!

Also if you have the time go through these videos:

I don't suggest you spend money on CFAT practice tests, as there are plenty that are free and easily accessible. These websites are the most accurate to the test and what I used -

I did my CFAT in June and passed. Best of luck to you! 😁

army-test.com! Helped a lot and got my chosen trade (Boatswain)!!

Also if you have the time go through these videos:
Agreed. despite people saying "no need to pay for any CFAT programs" I graduated HS in 2005. Ive went my entire adult life without using most of the maths I learnt and the CFAT is designed for people who just recently graduated. I paid $30US for a 6 month Army-Test CFAT subscription. I have my CFAT in about 3 weeks and using this site/subscription has made a huge difference in my preparation.

Back