• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Got my Offer today.

HiTechComms

Inactive
Reaction score
So I just received my Letter of Offer. I applied as a Signals but it appears that my 2nd choice was offered as Armour.
I have been on the list for a year now, about to sign the letter and submit it.

Didn't think it would happen but poking the recruiter every month must have worked.

I think people will ask me if I am crazy to do this at 41. About to switch careers 3rd time in my life.

Any pointers, courses, expectation appreciated.

Hi HiTechComms,

Congrats on the offer letter! It's been a long process for you. Are you happy with your offer? I mean you wanted the Sigs in the beginning. Anyways, when are you going for the BMOQ?

All the best for the new chapter in your life!

Thanks.

I've been on the CL for a year, patience is one of my virtues. I am happy about the Offer as it was my 2nd choice for a career. Sigs was my primary choice but having said that I picked it as a safer choice as it was closely related to my actual career. Still I am not disappointed with the offer as I think its far better to have your weapon carry you then the other way around :)

BMOQ is set to start in November.

I've been on the CL for a year, patience is one of my virtues. I am happy about the Offer as it was my 2nd choice for a career. Sigs was my primary choice but having said that I picked it as a safer choice as it was closely related to my actual career. Still I am not disappointed with the offer as I think its far better to have your weapon carry you then the other way around :)

BMOQ is set to start in November.
Good luck. Remember that Basic is about conformity and group think, and it will be done in an eyeblink, when you look back at it.

So I just received my Letter of Offer. I applied as a Signals but it appears that my 2nd choice was offered as Armour.
I have been on the list for a year now, about to sign the letter and submit it.

Didn't think it would happen but poking the recruiter every month must have worked.

I think people will ask me if I am crazy to do this at 41. About to switch careers 3rd time in my life.

Any pointers, courses, expectation appreciated.
Good luck in basic at 41! I was 25 and found it very hard on the body, and 80% of that was the sleep deprivation in basic. I ended up with heart palpitations many months after I finished basic. I was actually concerned my body might experience a stroke because of the sleep deprivation.

I think sleeping in the weekends 15 hours a day helped me get through once the 5 week indocs are done.

Good luck in basic at 41! I was 25 and found it very hard on the body, and 80% of that was the sleep deprivation in basic. I ended up with heart palpitations many months after I finished basic. I was actually concerned my body might experience a stroke because of the sleep deprivation.

I think sleeping in the weekends 15 hours a day helped me get through once the 5 week indocs are done.
Thanks. I am not afraid of the physical stuff. It will hurt and I don't doubt that. I am in alright shape and kept it up through the lock-downs. Sleep is a really weird thing. The older I get the less I need it. I am sure I will sleep in on weekends when I can. I signed all paperwork recently, affirmation is last thing left on the list. Its 12 hours from now. People think I am absolutely crazy for giving up my current life, not many people have a positive opinion of the military.

Its my life so, I will just do what I do.

Thanks. I am not afraid of the physical stuff. It will hurt and I don't doubt that. I am in alright shape and kept it up through the lock-downs. Sleep is a really weird thing. The older I get the less I need it. I am sure I will sleep in on weekends when I can. I signed all paperwork recently, affirmation is last thing left on the list. Its 12 hours from now. People think I am absolutely crazy for giving up my current life, not many people have a positive opinion of the military.

Its my life so, I will just do what I do.
Well I am officially an Officer Cadet in the Canadian Armed Forces.

People think I am absolutely crazy for giving up my current life, not many people have a positive opinion of the military.
I knew someone who left the medical profession (he was a doctor) to become a non-medical trade in the military.

I haven't talked to him in a while but last I saw, he enjoys it.

It sounds like I'm taking a page from one of those motivational quotes, but it's your life. Live it as you wish, not based on others' opinions.

Congrats, the advice on sleep is a good one. How you treat other people and the people who work for you when your exhausted is the most telling of a persons character and a key to being a good Officer.

Thank you for the kind words, I will put all my effort into this life venture as I did into anything else.

Where some one your age, surrounded by people half your age, tries to act like a dad (to other candidates). Synonymous with course moms.

Your age and life experience will definitely be an asset but there's a line that quickly gets crossed.
Gotcha.

Back