• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

Ugh.

But ok. We’re no worse off than before the writ dropped. This may lead to Trudeau packing it in as leader. The PPC got stomped and a Bernier in particular did embarrassingly poorly in his own riding. The LPC will carry the stigma of having caused this stupid and wasteful election and that will impact them a bit next time. By next election we’ll be through Covid, the CPC will have fewer stupid distractions on the right and probably more political ammunition and a still more compelling case against the Liberals.

I think the biggest stories coming out of this will be what happened to Trudeau and what happens to O’Toole? Will we see Freeland or Poilievre ascendant? Or someone else come out of the woodwork?

However, in restating my thesis: Ugh.

Maryam Monsef..

bye bye bye justin timberlake gif GIF

It's incredible that all you've gotta do is scare some Toronto voters about firearms to skewer the CPC.

I wish someone would kick Gerry Butts in the face, they couldn't find any Liberal that's less repulsive to bring on as a pundit?

However, in restating my thesis: Ugh.

It looks like the only leader safe in their job right now is Singh (based on the NDP appearing to grow their caucus). I suspect the LPC won't take down their leader just yet; the inevitable CPC review, followed by the turfing of O'Toole for a True Conservative (TM) will give the LPC hope of a majority in May of 2023... so while the flow may well be reduced, expect federal largesse to continue to flow.

For the next 18 months, the big question is whether it's the Bloc or the NDP that will extract their tithe to continue the LPC in power.

It looks like the only leader safe in their job right now is Singh (based on the NDP appearing to grow their caucus). I suspect the LPC won't take down their leader just yet; the inevitable CPC review, followed by the turfing of O'Toole for a True Conservative (TM) will give the LPC hope of a majority in May of 2023... so while the flow may well be reduced, expect federal largesse to continue to flow.

For the next 18 months, the big question is whether it's the Bloc or the NDP that will extract their tithe to continue the LPC in power.
sounds more like the CPC is positioning to keep O'toole, I think they realize they need stable leadership, and if the CPC doesn't loose any seats then that may satisfy enough people to keep him on and prep for 2023, AAR, look what sank them in the debates and come up with a new plan.

I think it'd be a mistake to turf O'Toole. His time as leader made it almost impossible to become a known quantity to Canadians, yet he's managed to keep the seat count stable while making the party more popular nationally.

Any party members who have left because him, allows them to incrementally move closer to winning territory.

Give him another 2 years now that Canadians are actually paying attention to him, are more familiar with him, and he establishes more credibility, and the next election he should win.

Unless Rona Ambrose says she wants a go..... but that seems unlikely. Certainly Polievre is popular with Conservatives but I think he's spent too long as an antagonizer for Canadians to ever take to him.

EDIT: Also, possible game-changer........ Trudeau can't run away from the investigation into the fired Chinese scientists now.

My dream scenario here is the LPC makes a official coalition with the NDP, parliament lasts 4 years, Trudeau gets to 10 years as PM, Singh gets a taste of government, and we don't need to do this again in 2 years time.

Also, if you want good commentary unlike mainstream news, a bunch of contributors from "The Line" are doing a live podcast...

"Canada Election Live with The Line! NO sets, NO scripts, NO sobriety"

Well right after O’toole’s rah rah I’m staying speech, party insiders started to shoot that down. Sigh.

On the other hand the Conservative insiders would be trying to stick knives in O'Toole 'a back even if he had won the election. It seems to be a spinal reflex.
Idiots!I
Oh, by the way it seems that Mad Max was given his pink slip tonight by his riding 's voters.
And so was the leader of the Green Party and while I disagreed with her I rather liked her . Unlike Bernier she.didn't seem to be in it purely for her ego's sake.

Back