• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

So by that logic stated above, Trudeau supporters embrace “blackface”
If they’re unwilling to acknowledge and denounce the actions in question then yes, that logic would be consistent. You would have to ask a Trudeau supporter though, I’m certainly not one.

Jordan Peterson and Rex Murphy talk election and politics.

Peterson is planning to have Max Bernier on in a few days.

Your reading comprehension sucks. If I wanted to call you racist, I would do so and would show receipts. Nor does my opinion depend on whether I’m agreed with or not.

I’ve said you have chosen either to embrace or to be wilfully blind to racist platform points from a party that’s reeking of it. I’m not in a position to say which of those two options actually applies to you, so I won’t try to. Truth be told I don’t really care which it is. If you’re cool with supporting a party that wouldn’t fire an openly white supremacist riding president (Shane Marshall) until he literally got caught throwing gravel at the PM, that’s your call- but it reflects on your values and judgment. I’m not in a position to speak to your personal beliefs other than what you’ve chosen to disclose yourself.
“You disagree with me, so you are either a racist or you support known racists. I don’t which one, but you’re definitely one of those”.

Your inferences suck.

If they’re unwilling to acknowledge and denounce the actions in question then yes, that logic would be consistent. You would have to ask a Trudeau supporter though, I’m certainly not one.
You're skating away from this. Whether or not you are a Trudeau supporter, your argument decrees that a PPC supporter is all in, and in fact a racist. That is absolute bullshit.

There was a time when so-called conservatives said character matters. And I believed them. Silly me.

People aren't responsible for every flaw of everyone associated with them.

A person can despise a politician's implied associations with misogyny, or racism, or incompetence, and still vote for the (seeming) bastard.
FTFY.

Reactions: QV
I`ll be so glad when September 21st hits and we can get back to Reg/Res bashing, whining about buttons and bows and the incessant questions about CANSOFCOM.

At least DonaldH isn't here for this thread :devilish:
White Goodman Reaction GIF

Touche lol

I`ll be so glad when September 21st hits and we can get back to Reg/Res bashing, whining about buttons and bows and the incessant questions about CANSOFCOM.

At least DonaldH isn't here for this thread :devilish:
Sure, but you cannot escape the inevitable. The decisions rendered on 20 Sept will colour/influence all of the questions you raise above, and a multitude more. This will influence our discussions on this forum until the next time.

You're skating away from this. Whether or not you are a Trudeau supporter, your argument decrees that a PPC supporter is all in, and in fact a racist. That is absolute bullshit.
I’m not skating away from a blessed thing. You made and stated an extrapolation based on my logic and I substantially agreed with you. You spoke directly and I replied directly. You tried to set me up for an argument to make a point and instead I basically said “yeah, that checks out”. If you want to challenge my opinion of the PPC then just go for it. I’ve made my opinion quite known and I’m comfortable repeating it or elaborating on it, subject to the time I have available to do so.

The party, in its written platform, has made a number of claims or statements and articulated several platform points that I believe show a mainstreamed racism within the party’s collective beliefs. Some of it is subtle, some of it isn’t. My observation is corroborated by the type of fringe that has flocked to the party, and it’s corroborated by them literally embracing known and public racists in party positions. That’s a choice the PPC has made to try to pull enough votes to be relevant, but they’re accountable for it.

Does this mean every PPC supporter is racist? Of course not. Are some? Certainly, and I’d say more than a few. Are a few fully ignorant of this? Yes, inevitably some will manage to be. Does that leave many others wilfully blind or passively accepting of it? Necessarily yes. That troubles me, and I have concerns about the values of people who would, in the balance, be ok with that. It also means that the PPC have, institutionally, accepted that they have and will continue to appeal to that fringe. We are not defined by our associations except for in the most extreme cases, but we’re certainly coloured by them, and in some cases tainted. The PPC chose a guy to be a riding president who’s openly white nationalist, and he’s not the only real winner they’ve had onboard. Anyone who knows these things and is ok enough with them to choose to support that party has made a choice about what values and ethics they’re communicating to others. And yes, some people will intensely dislike this view and will intensely dislike me for holding it. I’m completely comfortable with that.

I trust I’ve left nothing hanging here that you’ll still feel the need to accuse me of ‘skating’ from anything?

Dr Jordan Peterson is hosting Max Bernier on his podcast very soon. Doubtful Peterson would associate with a leader of a party that holds “mainstreamed racism within its collective beliefs” unless Peterson plans to take him apart. But the interview will definitely give the listeners a chance to determine what Max and the PPC stand for, and get it on the record.

At least Peterson is giving Max a chance to speak to a large audience, unlike our unbiased and fair media and electoral debate processes. Peterson has over 4 million subscribers, this could really help or really hurt Max. Let’s hear what he has to say, baseless accusations of racism and attempts to silence are illiberal.

Who will have the longer 'neck' I wonder ....

'Gripped in a tie': Nanos ballot tracking reports front-running parties neck-and-neck​

The front running federal parties are "gripped in a tie" with the latest polling numbers showing the Liberals leading the Conservative Party with a little more than one per cent between them, according to pollster Nik Nanos.

According to Nanos Research's nightly tracking data conducted for CTV News and the Globe and Mail, the Liberal Party has 32.3 per cent support of Canadians surveyed, closely followed by the Conservatives at 31.2 per cent.

The latest polling data, which was released Tuesday, also shows the NDP at 18.9 per cent, an increase of 0.3 per cent from the night before.

How one think tank (McGill & U of T) saw things between 27 Aug & 9 Sept in the media landscape ...
... Since Aug. 27 when Trudeau’s event in Bolton, Ont. was cancelled due to security concerns, headlines across news organizations in Canada have heavily featured information about the protests and protesters. We pulled all headlines from Canadian news organizations from Aug. 27 to Sept. 9 (totalling 8,709 headlines) and found 3.1 percent contained reference to the protests (representing 268 stories during that period). Coverage of these events far exceeds that of other major stories during this period including Afghanistan (2.3 percent) and gun control (2.3 percent) ...

Big factor here is who is comfortable to go and vote given a 4th wave a covid, and how that will effect the ballot box

Big factor here is who is comfortable to go and vote given a 4th wave a covid, and how that will effect the ballot box
Reports are nearly a 20% uptick in advance voting, and mail in from 50k requests last time to over 1m this time...

Back