• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Joining with 1 criminal history charge

Ghostcity

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking for some answers or maybe someone out there has been through this. Applying for ncm inf/combat engineer. This one makes me sweat but hear it goes. I made a foolish mistake when i was in my early 20’s and ended up with a felony possession charged of cocaine in the united states. I did little jail time. I am a Canadian citizen so i was sent back home. I have no criminal history here what so ever. I dont have any stipulations or probation. When i asked the recruiters on this matter they couldn’t really answer cause it falls in another country. All their answers kinda refer to canadian law. Did not relate to me. How will having a record in another country affect my enrolment? I have no criminal history relating to the criminal code of canada. I legally own firearms and have my restricted license. Good credit with a good career. I did not want to lie on my application and say no because i was charged with an offense. In regards to Canada i dont have to worry, i am clean. However i am banned from owning or possessing a firearm in the united states and banned from entering the United States. Does anyone have some kind of knowledge on what i should expect or advise on what to do. I have sent my application for clemency to the U.S government asking for a pardon and my record to be expunged. But i know thats a long shot! Sorry for the long post. Thank you for any information!

The best, but sometimes painful, course of action is to give a complete and thorough personal history. Having a criminal record which includes being barred from entering another country, especially when that country is our closest ally, could be problematic for you if discovered after enrolment. Do not hide anything on your application. You do not want to be released as an irregular enrolment.

The best, but sometimes painful, course of action is to give a complete and thorough personal history. Having a criminal record which includes being barred from entering another country, especially when that country is our closest ally, could be problematic for you if discovered after enrolment. Do not hide anything on your application. You do not want to be released as an irregular enrolment.
Thank you for your input. That would be unfortunate. I intend to be straight forward about my past. There will be nothing left out. I understand the consequences of lying on a government application and i refuse to do so. I am open and honest

Are you eligible for a pardon in the US? I don't know if they have that system there, but if they do it may help your application along.

Are you eligible for a pardon in the US? I don't know if they have that system there, but if they do it may help your application along.
The US Department of Justice does not accept pardon applications from non-residents of the US.

"PARDON APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY NON-RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES

It is the general policy of the Department of Justice not to accept pardon applications submitted by non-residents of the United States. This policy is predicated upon the difficulty that an applicant’s non-residency poses when conducting a thorough and exacting investigation into the applicant’s personal background and activities. A thorough investigation is conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigations in order to determine the applicant’s worthiness for pardon. Therefore, we will not open a new clemency casefile for a non-resident unless instructed by Department leadership or the President."

I am eligible for a pardon in the U.S. It is called a petition for clemency. I have already filed it through the U.S government. Currently waiting for an answer from the Potus. Research says it could take years for a decision. I tried getting a pardon through Canada and they denied me because i am ineligible. (Do not meet the requirements-no criminal record here) Hopefully having the petition being processed during my application will show the CAF I am trying everything in my power.

. . . It is called a petition for clemency. I have already filed it through the U.S government. . . . .

How did you deal with the highlighted portion of the certification and personal oath part of the petition? Or is there a separate form for non-resident aliens? I couldn't find one.

I hereby certify that all answers to the above questions and all statements contained herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge, information, and belief. I understand that any intentional misstatements of material facts contained in this petition may cause adverse action on my petition for pardon, in addition to subjecting me to any other penalties provided by law.

In petitioning the President of the United States for pardon, I do solemnly swear that I will be law-abiding and will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I take this obligation freely and without any mental reservation whatsoever, So Help Me God.

Respectfully submitted this day of , . (month) (year)

(signature of petitioner)

How did you deal with the highlighted portion of the certification and personal oath part of the petition? Or is there a separate form for non-resident aliens? I couldn't find one.

That is the only official document for U.S clemency regardless of being a U.S citizen or not. Non-residents or illegal aliens have to follow the same criteria as an American citizen if they wish to have a felony record expunged.
I had my lawyers here in Canada notarized the petition and they sent it to my immigration lawyer in the U.S.

Back