• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A "Why" Dress Thread split from OCdt Speaks at Freedom Rally

Sigh.......yes, it was the fault of the PAO, because after all we rule everything.

Serious question...who does vet pictures for the numerous CAF FB pages, etc? They really should think twice about some of the pics posted...

Just like there is no leeway for speeding yet, minor deviations are accepted.

Here's the black and white of the subj, though....I'm all for changing/amending things like dress policy. I remember when squareback haircuts were first permitted...there was the 'well its all going to hell now!!!!' crowd. Now, we can buy our own boots, grow beards and partake in the funny lettuce. Times change...whatever 'the regs' are...are the ones my CofC can rely on me to police...just like I'm supposed to do. With the 'minor deviations' that suit the time/place.

Attachments

• Vol 1.jpg
    Vol 1.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 265.jpg
    265.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 18
PAO's submit imagery to sp a particular narrative, whether it be a promotion, or an OP. Perhaps this was the only viable image from that particular event. Senior officers are not generally conducive to listening to a Cpl Image Tech who wants to frame things, or to a Capt PAO who wishes to stage events. We teeter between being PAO's, and getting described as commissars.

Notwithstanding that, anything that gets published does so with CoC authority. End, full stop

100% compliance and enforcement sounds great in theory. In practice, it would likely consume your whole organization just to enforce the minutia of each rule not to mention, alienate the troops (excessive negative feedback). I would rather focus on things that matter than hands in pockets or hair and boots standard. As long as the rules, within a unit, are enforced equally, I don’t see a problem with that approach.

I would rather focus on things that matter than hands in pockets or hair and boots standard

And, you should be able to...if your NCOs are doing their job...which makes the WOs job easier...and so on. It's a system and I've seen it work in 2 different DEUs now for a while. :)

Sometimes when no one is around I wear my arcteryx touque in my office, no jacket. Sometimes I even close my door, undo my bottom button and Rouleau-roll my sleeves.
Watch Out Reaction GIF

Sometimes when no one is around I wear my arcteryx touque in my office, no jacket. Sometimes I even close my door, undo my bottom button and Rouleau-roll my sleeves.
Sometimes I take my mask off when no one else is arould.

I just want a piece of paper that tells me when I'm allowed to wear an OTW shirt as opposed to this vague "when you're wearing armour / training" unit level policy. As quite frankly i'm just not fast enough at shirt changes for it to be instant when i'm out of fighting kit.

I just want a piece of paper that tells me when I'm allowed to wear an OTW shirt as opposed to this vague "when you're wearing armour / training" unit level policy. As quite frankly i'm just not fast enough at shirt changes for it to be instant when i'm out of fighting kit.
Yes I can understand your dilemma. IMO there are too many people involved in dress policy. That’s the COs purview in consultation with the RSM.

On Fridays I wear a red tshirt under my blue uniform shirt in contravention of dress regs. A rebel I know.

Yes I can understand your dilemma. IMO there are too many people involved in dress policy. That’s the COs purview in consultation with the RSM.

On Fridays I wear a red tshirt under my blue uniform shirt in contravention of dress regs. A rebel I know.
I sometimes wear a green shirt with a picture of a cat throwing a grenade on it.

Some folks I know have worn this in CADPAT and flight suit :sneaky:

Aircrew were always the easiest to get information from during E&E/tactical questioning exercises as they invariably had a squadron t-shirt on, or something like that, e.g.,:

"Number, rank, name, date of birth, oh, I see you're from XYZ squadron? You know that you've just told us your unit without even realizing it. Anything else you'd like to share?" :)

Aircrew were always the easiest to get information from during E&E/tactical questioning exercises as they invariably had a squadron t-shirt on, or something like that, e.g.,:

"Number, rank, name, date of birth, oh, I see you're from XYZ squadron? You know that you've just told us your unit without even realizing it. Anything else you'd like to share?" :)

Yes, it's surprising the info you can get from an individual's belongings.

fuck-you-you-fucking-fuck-mens-t-shirt.jpg

Back